Relative Design

Anabel Reid is ambitious to the point of being selfish. She has spent years trying to cultivate the image of perfection. She’s smart, attractive, lives with her sister in a great house, and is going to Europe for school after high school ends. She has everything together and in complete control.

Then her brother, Beckett, who left to find himself a decade ago comes back home with Eric, a kid he’s adopting and Anabel is forced her to expand the narrow emotional borders she has built around her life. With Beckett's reappearance, her parents who haven’t spoken to her in years make a reappearance, her sister, Eliza, regresses as a form of rebellion, and Adam, a musician her sister signed is making life a lot more complicated than she expected. Also, her dog keeps trying to eat her shoes.

As she gets to know Eric, she learns that Beckett may not have been entirely truthful about the boy. Will their family be able to stand united in the face of the truth or will it ruin them?
  1. Prologue
    In which Anabel meets Adam and is not impressed.
  2. Chapter 1
    The beginning of Part 1/ In which Anabel's brother returns home.
  3. Chapter 2
    In which we meet Anabel's sister, Eliza, and get to know Eric.
  4. Chapter 3
    In which Anabel gets caught sneaking out and Eric is forced to redecorate.
  5. Chapter 4
    In which fate plays a hand.
  6. Chapter 5
    In which the sisters fight.
  7. Chapter 6
    In which we meet the parents and Anabel goes on an official date.
  8. Chapter 7
    In which there is a confrontation and Anabel has another date.
  9. Chapter 8
    In which Anabel introduces Adam to her siblings and learns about Eric's past.
  10. Chapter 9
    The End of an Era/ End of Part One
  11. Chapter 10
    The Beginning of Part 2/ In which Anabel returns
  12. Chapter 11
    In which Anabel encounters an old friend.
  13. Chapter 12
  14. Chapter 13
    In which Anabel moves out.
  15. Chapter 14
    In which things progress
  16. Chapter 15
    In which there's someone new.
  17. Chapter 16
    In which Annabel makes a startling discovery
  18. Chapter 17
    In which (almost) everything is revealed.
  19. Chapter 18
    The aftermath.
  20. Chapter 19
    In which there is confusion.
  21. UPDATE
    Not A Chapter