Hannah Montana a Bad Role Model? - Comments

  • charming.

    charming. (135)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Australia
    I agree or at least respect what you're saying for everything but throwing the licquorice picture in the same pile as the nude photos. :\
    I mean, if she had photos taken of holding hands / pecks on mouth / etc with a boy, I'm sure it'd be no concern, yeah? And yet if it's 'lesbian', the rating suddenly goes up?
    -frown-

    But I agree about the other points. She can't claim living like a "normal" teen, taking 'private' photos, etc; she's not a normal teen. She made herself a product by becoming a star, even if that sounds a little harsh... she sold her privacy for international fame.
    August 30th, 2008 at 05:20am
  • Poirot's Moustache

    Poirot's Moustache (1270)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    72
    Location:
    Australia
    I respect your opinion on the matter, but I have to say that I disagree somewhat.

    Yes, she's considered a role model for children, but she is also a human being. And I don't see why she should act as people think she should act and not how she wants to. She herself viewed it as a mistake, and we all as humans make mistakes.

    I think it's up to the parents as well to determine what's suitable for their children. It's the same with monitoring the suitability of what TV programs they watch and the sites (in general) that they visit on the internet.
    August 30th, 2008 at 05:04am
  • Jojo.

    Jojo. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Philippines
    I say it's normal 'cause it's normal to make a mistake. I'm sure everyone here also have done something stupid too.
    August 30th, 2008 at 03:32am
  • winterfell.

    winterfell. (450)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with charmless, that this article was made to give the reader facts and inform them. All this article is saying is the truth.
    August 30th, 2008 at 03:19am
  • She's Lost Control

    She's Lost Control (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Miley made a mistake. Miley apologized for mistake. Now it's time for everyone to move on and wait for the next teen sensation to do something wrong.
    August 30th, 2008 at 03:05am
  • ElDorrox

    ElDorrox (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    58
    Location:
    Egypt
    shes such a slut...
    August 30th, 2008 at 02:57am
  • writing muse

    writing muse (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    I'm nearly fifteen, and I have never shot a photo nude or nearly nude. I don't know why everyone says that's normal. Most of my friends have never done that either.

    While nude may be beauty, I think it's a certain beauty that photographs shouldn't manipulate or destroy. Save it for someone who is truly as beautiful on the inside as they are out to share it with.
    August 30th, 2008 at 02:54am
  • CatchYourBreath

    CatchYourBreath (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Germany
    Dang. Leave the "Ignorance" out of this.

    She's just like me and you. We Make decisions so does she but she makes the horrible ones.

    Like I always say to my friends. She's gonna be another Britney I can just see it.
    Thanks for writing this :]]]]
    August 30th, 2008 at 02:29am
  • tmp!14

    tmp!14 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Thats so stupid!
    Everyone makes it out like she's a younger version of Britney.
    Its normal for her to take pictures like that. She's trying to find out who she is...thats where I'm at in life. And let me tell you..nude is beauty.. It's NORMAL!! Her dad should've never left that photo shoot though...so its kinda his fault for just leaving and letting everyone talk her into doing it. I bet it was humiliating for her to see herself plastered all over a magazine. Hello don't blaim her...teenagers don't think before they act, now Miley lets other people think for her. I watch Hannah Montana all the time!!
    August 30th, 2008 at 02:29am
  • Jojo.

    Jojo. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Philippines
    Okay, you already said all the wrong things she had done and why it is wrong. I just wanna defend her.

    You may be saying she's not just another normal teenager but she has the right to be one. Maybe what she did was wrong but it's not her fault it was released in the 'net. Did she choose to be a role model to children? No. It's Disney who made her like that. Maybe she auditioned for that role but it's not in the contract to be a role model to children. She's not perfect. She could make mistakes. Everytime I lurk in yahoo, in google, in MIBBA, I always see "Oh my God, Miley Cyrus is so *insert all the talk shits about her*." It's just not fair, you know.

    About the photographs of her only blanket covering her, you said her grandmother, I think and other adults were there. Let's put that situation to the children; they have their parents. Their parents could say "Don't watch that" or something. They could supervise. That's what parents are for.

    Maybe she's just going through a tough time. I know, almost all of you don't like her but maybe we should at least look at her better side, not on her bad side anymore 'cause you already know what's wrong with her. At least give her a damn chance.
    August 30th, 2008 at 02:12am
  • onewaytogo

    onewaytogo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    She barely had a choice, she's the daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus. It's a lot of responsibility. Plus, she didn't sign off for another season of Hannah Montana, so, there you go. Problem solved, so shut up.
    Ignorance is bliss.
    August 30th, 2008 at 02:08am
  • CellophaneUrgency

    CellophaneUrgency (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    dang, i feel sorry for all the young kids that love and worship this chick. sure, those pics are teenage things, but she should realize that the press is gonna watch her every move that is the cost of fame: utterly no privacy
    August 30th, 2008 at 02:03am
  • LostandForgotten

    LostandForgotten (1750)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    Yeesh talk about ignorant...
    August 30th, 2008 at 01:21am
  • vtay321

    vtay321 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I think this is 100% true. Miley is not a good rolemodel, and it is very annoying for people to still ook up to her. I went to one of her concerts, when I was a fan of her? Babies and toddlers were there. It's rediculous that she can act like this and just...get away with it.
    August 30th, 2008 at 01:19am
  • The High Priestess

    The High Priestess (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    look sweetie.Most female artists on MTV are like that.Don't make miley cyrus look like the ultimate threat.
    Shes's just an ordinary pop star who just happens to be really young.
    August 30th, 2008 at 01:16am
  • only human

    only human (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    Except, you only gave the negative facts about Miley Cyrus. This article wouldn't have been taken so negatively if you would have included some of her positive achievements instead of just her flaws.
    August 30th, 2008 at 01:15am
  • Surrealistfemme.

    Surrealistfemme. (355)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    It was to inform the reader, with facts.

    These are all [b]facts[/b].
    The truth isn't pretty.

    Get over it.

    I have nothing else to say.
    August 30th, 2008 at 01:12am
  • only human

    only human (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    I don't care if you take what I said offensively, because I wasn't talking about your article in particular. I was simply stating that most of the articles I read on here are poorly written and completey bias. If you want to write something about your opinion, then do it in your journal. I was under the impression that articles were supposed to inform the reader. How can one be informed if they're only getting one side of the story, one person's opinion? They can't.
    August 30th, 2008 at 01:10am
  • Surrealistfemme.

    Surrealistfemme. (355)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    [b]This is my OFFICIAL STATEMENT.[/b]

    I wrote this article for school, as a joke I put it on Mibba.
    But it is a serious article that certian seems to be taking offensively.

    I have read the last few pages of comments and I must say I am absolutely disgusted. Some people can be so vicious about something as stupid as this article.

    Give it a rest.

    If you don't like this article if you don't like it,
    then don't read.

    && to everyone who told me I need to get a life.
    I have one thank you, and I do care about the world,
    the poverty and injustice. I just happened to write an article
    a bit different this time.

    Thank You.
    August 30th, 2008 at 01:02am
  • Surrealistfemme.

    Surrealistfemme. (355)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Wow, girls take a chill pill.

    It was just an [b]observation[/b] made by myself and I put some [b]facts[/b] behind it.

    Jesus, it wasn't a hate article. I didn't to it to be mean.
    I didn't attack the poor girl, I just said she needs to step up to the plate and act with responsibility.

    If you don't like the idea, okay, fine, different opinions. [i]Take it up with someone who cares.[/i]

    And I do take it offensively [i]chrissers.[/i] Honestly, you all are taking this way too far.
    Then if you have a problem with it then write your own article.
    August 30th, 2008 at 12:55am