Hannah Montana a Bad Role Model? - Comments

  • only human

    only human (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    How is it not the issue? It's people like YOU that are blowing what she does way out of proportion. There's more important things in the world to worry about than whether a 15 year old singer and actor wants to act normally.

    How about YOU open YOUR eyes and realize that even if she didn't want to be a role model and have kids looking up to her, she doesn't have a choice either way. People are going to look up to her and ~idolize~ her, regardless of whether she wants them to or not.
    August 29th, 2008 at 10:56pm
  • LostandForgotten

    LostandForgotten (1750)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    Okay all you obseesive fans on here saying: "How dare she go in a hot-tube" and all that. That isn't the issue.

    How about, how dare she take pictures of herself groping her boyfriend and post them in the internet.

    Stop sugar coating things and open yours eyes. And if she doesn't want to be a role model she doesn't have to.
    August 29th, 2008 at 10:48pm
  • Fine.China

    Fine.China (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    With her job comes a huge responsibility to be a role model for the children who watch her show. Young girls will look at her and say, "Hey, she's pretty and popular. I want to be just like her." When they see pictures of her in her underwear they'll think it's okay to do that kind of stuff. A lot of kids are manipulated by celebrity images, some are not.
    Another thing is that she keeps apologizing for these photos, yet she continues to take them.

    I honestly think that people are overreacting to a lot of the photos. Seriously, a picture of her in a bikini isn't that horrifying. We see pictures of celebrities in their swimsuits every week in People magazine. Also, the Vanity Fair one WAS intended to be artistic and it was.
    August 29th, 2008 at 10:43pm
  • Blooregard Q. Kazoo

    Blooregard Q. Kazoo (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    That's why I love the Jonas Brothers. They have a good image, they're responsible and great boys, they're good role models.
    August 29th, 2008 at 10:41pm
  • the surgeon.

    the surgeon. (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Look, I didn't say she's not allowed to live normally. I'm just saying, it was unwise to do that since there are so many people that look up to her. She knew that, and she still did it. She sure can still do many of the things that fifteen year olds do, like going to the mall or whatever, go shopping, wear short shorts, have sleepovers, whatever. She can do that, that's being a normal teen. But that doesn't mean she can also take half-naked pics of her. She should've considered the outcome, like the pics being spread onto the net, like they did.

    Alright? I'm not saying she can't be a normal teen, but she should just think about it before she takes pics like those.
    August 29th, 2008 at 10:39pm
  • littleblackconverse

    littleblackconverse (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    1) Get famous young ~CHECK~
    2) Get load of attention from paparazzi ~CHECK~
    3) Do shit and have it all over internet/magazines ~CHECK~
    4) Major meltdown and go to rehab ~MY PREDICTION IN THE NEXT FEW YEARS~
    August 29th, 2008 at 10:35pm
  • Krista?

    Krista? (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    She's trying to be a sex symbol at age fifteen?
    ROFL time.
    xD

    But seriously,
    it's not that bad, really...
    August 29th, 2008 at 10:35pm
  • only human

    only human (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    God FORBID she post pictures of herself goofing around with her friends. How DARE she try to live a normal life as a 15 YEAR OLD girl? Just because someone is in the spotlight and is a "role model" to thousands of girls out there, doesn't mean she can't want and try to live normally. What, should she stay inside her house, locked in a room with nothing but a bible? No. Now leave her alone and let her attempt to be a normal 15 year old. Because when she's not on stage or filming, that's probably all she wants to be.

    And all you people who are freaking out about the Vanity Fair picture, please stfd and stfu.
    August 29th, 2008 at 10:24pm
  • Lucy!

    Lucy! (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I think people should leave her alone, maybe she doesn't want be a role model. A lot of fifteen year olds do much worse.
    August 29th, 2008 at 10:04pm
  • scribblerofdreamsxx

    scribblerofdreamsxx (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    agh!!
    i hate her!
    shes 15!!
    thats grooooooooooooss..
    she makes me nuts..
    there was an article in a magazine where she basically OBBSESSED about nick jonas.. she said she loved him and all that..

    ur 15?! how can u be in love?!
    i kno it might happen but those two arent even going out anymore!!

    sry if u people think im crazy but im a magazine freak.. im constantly reading about gossip among the stars.. xD!!!
    August 29th, 2008 at 09:51pm
  • SkeeSkee

    SkeeSkee (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    "A few weeks later more photos were released of her in her bathing suit in a hot tub and her with her friends."

    Oh how dare she go in a hot tub with her bathing suit on and with her friends!
    She should just stay inside knitting and making tea!
    August 29th, 2008 at 09:49pm
  • LiL_McR_FaN

    LiL_McR_FaN (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    Urgh. Miley is a poser and a teen slut. She's a fake. I understand people on here DO like Hannah Montana, (Miley Cyrus) But she was forced into stardom by her famous dad and probably knows full well these pictures would appear on the net some way or another.
    August 29th, 2008 at 09:38pm
  • LostandForgotten

    LostandForgotten (1750)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    No everything won't be fine because this gossip crap is coving up the decent articles on here.
    August 29th, 2008 at 09:30pm
  • the surgeon.

    the surgeon. (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Actually if you see, there's only one or two other articles about her photos.
    Anyway, if you think there are too many Miley Cyrus articles, why are you reading them? Just don't comment and everything will be fine.
    August 29th, 2008 at 09:14pm
  • LostandForgotten

    LostandForgotten (1750)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    Still too many Miley Cyrus articles, new topic please.
    August 29th, 2008 at 09:07pm
  • the surgeon.

    the surgeon. (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    People need to just chill here. Okay, we get it, she's a fifteen year old girl and most fifteen year old girls do that, but she has to understand that there are thousands upon thousands of little kids who look up to her and love her. She should at least THINK about what she's doing before she does it. Yes, she's a teen and I get that teens do that, but I mean really, does SHE have to do it?
    August 29th, 2008 at 09:07pm
  • fool's paradise

    fool's paradise (1000)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Probably one of those most well thought out articles on the subject. You made some quite valid points. She really shouldn't act like that with so many young fans.
    Great job. =)
    August 29th, 2008 at 08:57pm
  • Sara

    Sara (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    New topic please, stop beating this dead horse.
    August 29th, 2008 at 08:56pm
  • harris.

    harris. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    im going to start with the fact the I hate Miley. Shes compltely (sp?) stupid, and i HATE her web show wit ha passion. But im not going to lie, how many 15 year olds HAVENT taken pictures in their underwear. I have quite a few of me and my friend in our bras, just playing around. No Big Deal. She WANTS to be a normal teenager, so let her. And just because she posed in a sheet doesnt make her "Un Christian" i mean, thats some stupid shit. You can Love Jesus as much as the next person and take a picture in your bra. there isnt a rule in the Bible against that. so maybe if you actually READ THE BIBLE, you'd know that. and honestly, lets face the fact, bras are modest in todays society. My bikinis are 10 times more skimpy than my bras and panties. And Im sure yours are too.
    So give the girl a break.
    I know what its like to have everyone expect you to be perfect.
    it isnt easy.
    so leave her alone.
    August 29th, 2008 at 08:25pm
  • SomeGirlOnTheNet

    SomeGirlOnTheNet (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I think you are putting way too much responsibility on a teenage girl. Try picking on someone else, please.
    August 29th, 2008 at 08:25pm