Meat = Mass Murder Or Food? - Comments

  • In The End

    In The End (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    iVenganza!
    I don't know if you were targeting me or what when you said the thing about cramming beliefs down people's throats -because that's the exact phrase I used and you commented right after me- but if you were I think that's kinda lame. And I'm sorry, but after reading a lot of you're comments, I gotta say I'm a little irritated.
    'And no one hesitated at saying what they thought. It's odd how us vegetarians all get the bad rap when many meat-eaters are very intolerant of us'
    Excuse me? You certainly aren't hesitating one bit with attacking every single person who disagrees with your ideas. And you're trying to tell me that 'meat eaters' are intolerant? Well I'm sorry but is it just me or is ripping apart anyone who says that they're okay with eating meat 'intolerant'. And then when anyone says something back to you, you go all 'don't be so intolerant, don't attack me because I'm a vegetarian blah blah blah'. Don't dish it out if you can't take it back hun.
    I'm sorry if I sound like a bitch, and I don't mean to seem like I'm 'attacking' you or being 'intolerant' of vegetarians -although I'm not attacking vegetarians, at all, I have a feeling you'll take it that way. Like you have with everyone else- but after reading half your comments I felt the need to say something.
    August 22nd, 2009 at 06:35am
  • link;;

    link;; (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    @iVenganza!

    You know.. that's a bit insensitive of you to think so poorly of meat-eaters.
    It's called... [i]population control.[/i] >_>

    I'm glad my sister, who is a vegetarian, isn't so extreme about animal rights. She happens to agree with me that people need to eat meat. She just thinks it tastes gross, and that's why she hasn't had any for about four-five years.
    August 22nd, 2009 at 02:40am
  • Dreams.of.Someday

    Dreams.of.Someday (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Like even if you do kill an animal for one of those reasons, you can always give the meat to someone else.
    August 22nd, 2009 at 01:47am
  • Dreams.of.Someday

    Dreams.of.Someday (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    @MyCookieDoughKiss

    I wish all hunters would do that.
    Maybe activists should go after those who kill for wasteful reasons like just the coat, the horns, for sport, etc.
    August 22nd, 2009 at 01:43am
  • Farce.

    Farce. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Most vegetarians think that we should let the animals just run free. (In their natural habitat.) But if we didn't hunt them their populations numbers would explode and diseases would be spread. If we hunt them to keep the populations low shouldn't we eat the meat? It would be wasteful just to kill it. Eat what you kill and don't kill what you don't need.
    August 22nd, 2009 at 01:20am
  • Dreams.of.Someday

    Dreams.of.Someday (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    @xKirstieChaoSx

    I'm glad you're at least trying :).
    August 21st, 2009 at 12:15pm
  • xKirstieChaoSx

    xKirstieChaoSx (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    i do agree with vegitarianism. i however am not a vegitarian, this is because i have been brought up eating alot of meat. as i have grown older i havent eaten as much meat as i used to, but i have persuaded my mum to buy free range meat.

    eating meat is a natural thing because when people first evolved thats all there really was. I dont think its murder if thats what theyre bred to do. but i do think animals being killed to make clothes is murder. why should we kill an animal for its skin when there is plenty of other perfectly good fabrics we can use out there?
    August 21st, 2009 at 11:20am
  • Dreams.of.Someday

    Dreams.of.Someday (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    And no one hesitated at saying what [i]they[/i] thought. It's odd how us vegetarians all get the bad rap when many meat-eaters are very intolerant of us (without provocation; thinking of other times, and I'm unsure if I'd call what happened here intolerant.)
    August 21st, 2009 at 10:39am
  • Dreams.of.Someday

    Dreams.of.Someday (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Also, I am not forcing my ideas down anyone's throat. They choose to come back. Also, you can just not listen to me. You forced them down your own throats if they indeed did go in.
    August 21st, 2009 at 10:34am
  • Dreams.of.Someday

    Dreams.of.Someday (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Maybe it didn't seem that way, but I did. In fact, I did think about quite a few things everyone else has said after leaving the article for a while. I just didn't say that I did it.
    August 21st, 2009 at 10:33am
  • In The End

    In The End (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I liked this article. It wasn't someone just bashing meat eaters and complaining about how eating meat will make you burn in hell or whatever... But it wasn't just trying to justify eating meat either.
    I'm completely against animal abuse and I'm all for animal rights and all that but, not all animals that are killed for food are miserable.
    I've grown up around farms and all the animals I've seen have been happy and healthy. I've never really seen factory raised cows, so I wouldn't know how they are treated, maybe they are treated worse, I don't know.
    And no, I do NOT need a message telling me how bad they are treated thank you very much!
    Once upon a time I was a vegetarian, but I quit after a while. I realized that I could be helping animals in another way, like actually going out there and working at an animal shelter, or donating money to organizations that help animals, like the ASPCA or a local animal shelter, instead of not eating meat, bitching out those who do eat meat, and sitting at my computer ranting at people.... Although I am doing that right now... heh heh....
    But my point is, being a vegetarian is fine by me, just don't try and cram your beliefs down other people's throats. And if you really want to help animals, maybe try and get out there and doing soemthing about it.
    And I don't mean throwing buckets of paint on people wearing fur coats. By the point the animal is dead and the person is only goign to buy another fur coat. Which is just another nimal dying. Which just hurts your cause. (I hate fur coats by the way, I think they are wrong)
    August 21st, 2009 at 08:18am
  • link;;

    link;; (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with Brutaldoll_Ink;.
    >_<
    August 21st, 2009 at 07:16am
  • Brutaldoll_Ink;

    Brutaldoll_Ink; (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    [i]"...while I am taking everyone's opinion into consideration. I mean EVERYONE'S."[/i]

    It doesn't seem that way in the past 4 pages. -_-
    August 21st, 2009 at 06:29am
  • Taffyta Muttonfudge.

    Taffyta Muttonfudge. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I believe that it is in a way, murder. I'm not saying everyone should stop eating meat because its gruesome and horrible, I just think that everyone should cut down on their meat consumption. Like, if you eat meat every day, cut it down by just a day. But that's just my opinion.
    August 21st, 2009 at 04:12am
  • Airi.

    Airi. (2240)

    :
    NaNoWriMo 2016
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    Personally, I don't care if people eat meat or not.
    It's their choice.
    Using animals for food is not murder in my opinion.
    August 21st, 2009 at 04:05am
  • Dreams.of.Someday

    Dreams.of.Someday (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    @Gemuseladen

    Of course there are, unfortunately :(.
    Sorry to hear that your friend has leukemia :(.


    Also, I heard about someone who was allergic to chlorophyll. I really feel sorry for that person.
    August 21st, 2009 at 03:08am
  • Gemuseladen.

    Gemuseladen. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Ireland
    One last point that occurred to me - however much you argue, sometimes it [i]is[/i] the case that vegetarianism just isn't feasible. My friend Trevor was a hardcore vegeterian, bordering on vegan (like he wouldn't eat jelly sweets cos of gelatin), and was diagnosed with leukaemia about a year ago and had to start eating meat again. There [i]are[/i] cases where it is medically necessary.
    August 21st, 2009 at 03:07am
  • Dreams.of.Someday

    Dreams.of.Someday (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    The below percentage probably only applies to the US.
    August 21st, 2009 at 03:05am
  • Dreams.of.Someday

    Dreams.of.Someday (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    "In America, do you not have some kind of certificate you can get that shows the animals were raised in good conditions?"

    Some foods have "free-range" and "organic" written on them, but from what I've heard, those are not always cruelty-free :(.
    August 21st, 2009 at 03:04am
  • Dreams.of.Someday

    Dreams.of.Someday (900)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    "I find that it's a very one sided argument you're having if you don't acknowledge the fact that a lot of farms do raise animals in very good conditions.

    Unfortunately, most farms do not, and 99% of store-bought meat is from factory farms.
    August 21st, 2009 at 03:03am