Disrespectful And Rude Children - Comments

  • I totally agree with the article. My mom's friends always bring her children and their total brats. They hit you, they swear, they throw things. They do stuff that make you want to pull your hair out! I think spankies are in order, but if a kid goes to school with a busted lip and a black and blue eye I would consider that Child Abuse. I grew up with spankings and I turned out alright!
    March 31st, 2010 at 11:21pm
  • spanking or hitting a child is horrible- my opinion

    spanking or hitting a child cause emotional issues later in life and often leads to violence later in the childs life - proven scientific fact.

    humans instinctively act stuborn and "rude" (as you put it), simply becaause of out instinct to get what we need to survive at all costs, and when you are that young, that is the only outlet for that energy. - proven scientific fact.

    get your facts strait.
    child abuse is a horrible crime.
    it is illegal for a reason.
    November 6th, 2009 at 09:02am
  • If I were to act like that in a public place with my mother, oh buddy it wouldn't have ended well. She would have had my hide!

    Not all children are rude though. I've seen some respectful kids.
    November 3rd, 2009 at 01:03pm
  • This is why I'm never going to have children. lol.
    A little carbon copy of me is terrifying just thinking about it. lol.
    October 7th, 2009 at 01:27am
  • I got slapped as a child, and I am in NO way damaged from it.
    I like to believe I'm a well mannered, respectful person, and I only could've gotten that from being raised the way I was.
    October 6th, 2009 at 10:52pm
  • Assuming I have kids, I don't think I would still care if they don't behave out of respect. I'd rather have them behave out of fear rather than risk raising a rude and undisciplined child. I completely agree with this.
    October 2nd, 2009 at 07:28pm
  • i agree 99% kids that act like that should deserve more then a spanking! its not like the olden days where you got smacked with your dads belt. ( illegal ) but why spanking? its not all that bad. and normally if a child receives it once, there not going to want to do what they did to receive such a punishment. much people disagree with me. its your opinion its totally fine.
    October 1st, 2009 at 08:23pm
  • I'd rather my child obey me out of respect, not out of fear.
    And, I'd rather people not spank their children in public. That's just not what you should resort to in a grocery store. Children are going to be children, let them be kids! I mean for gods sake, when did a 5 year old ever behave when they wanted candy?
    September 17th, 2009 at 02:45am
  • Couldn't agree more... My cousins are really rude with their driver and I tell them that he's a human too. They are so mean and they never listen! Good kids are like getting extinct!
    September 14th, 2009 at 11:54pm
  • I agree. Kids like that are really annoying sometimes. But it's because of the irresponsible parents that don't know how to bring up a child. They make them feel like they are always gonna get what they want. When the kids see that they actually can't always get what they want, they throw fits etc. And we must remember that those kids are gonna be parents one day too.. hope to God not.
    September 14th, 2009 at 05:49pm
  • I agree with this but I felt this was more of a journal post than an article. It wasn't written poorly at all but the impression I got from it was that I was in the journal tab.
    September 14th, 2009 at 03:58am
  • Agreeeeeed!!! I hate children like the ones you do!! Hell, I'm still a kid myself but by God, HOW can parents let their kids grow up thinking it's the right way to act. I am 95% sure most of these kids are the ones that grow up into bullies etc. or 'plastics' with insecurities that throw them of in an aggressive manner because they don't know how to deal with life in a different way. Thank you for showing my that I'm not the only person with this in their head!
    September 14th, 2009 at 12:04am
  • Yeah, sometimes you have to train a child. Like a dog, in a sense. Some people show what is right/wrong by a light smack, others by threatening. In the end the same result is achieved.

    But for a child to go unpunished is the same as saying: that's okay, keep on doing that behavior. So to give in to a tantrum is the worst thing.

    In terms of writing, the article can be a lot better. Its organization isn't that good. At one point the shift from rude children to a polite child was to abrupt and caused a little confusion.
    September 13th, 2009 at 11:40pm
  • Kids throw tatrums. It's just human nature. When they grow up the learn some respect and that they can't have everything in life. If that bothers you so much when some kid is upset that they didn't get their way then don't have children because like it or not they're going to be angry. Sometimes they're in the wrong but most of the time it's just immaturity.
    September 13th, 2009 at 11:10pm
  • My Nephews act like that cause there grandparents keep spoiling them 2 much. When they act like that with me or their mom they are in 4 hell. They are 5 and 2. Me and my oldest nephew have a 7 year difference so he thinks of me as a sister and sometimes doesn't do what i say. lets just say i ain't having kids any time soon
    September 13th, 2009 at 11:02pm
  • Best article. i can relate to every experience you named and told. Happens to me a lot
    September 13th, 2009 at 10:50pm
  • I absolutely hate it when little kids act up just to get there own way, sometimes it's the parents fault but at other times it's just the way the kid wants to act.
    I try to avoid all the screaming / tantrum throwing kids.
    September 13th, 2009 at 10:41pm
  • It's all the parents fault. They spoil their children to oblivion and let them do whatever they want. They don't know how to control their children.
    September 13th, 2009 at 10:18pm
  • I completely agree with you! A lot of the children in my boyfriend's family are brought up spoiled and they are very difficult to handle most of the time and it annoys me as well...
    Like this one time my boyfriend and I were taking a walk so he could show me this dirtbike/fourwheeler track that was up the road a little and when we got back we got into so much trouble because one of the kids had said that he followed us and we stopped along the walk to have sex. Needless to say it wasn't true, but when we defended ourselves his parents just came over and told the kid that lying is wrong and walked off. The kid turned to us with a smirk and went off playing with the other kids, completely scott free.
    Another time a different kid in his family just came up and spit on my boyfriend when we were just sitting there talking amongst ourselves. When he told her mother, the lady said that he had to have done something to make her do that, as if what she did was okay! Then later the little girl came over and smacked him on the side of his head, also getting away with that by blaming him for something he didn't do.
    I've never wanted children, but looking at the kids in his family and seeing how hostile they can be, it makes my decision even firmer.
    September 13th, 2009 at 09:04pm
  • I think I am in two minds about this. I don't really agree with hitting children but I can definitely see where you are coming from here. I think that stern words are needed and I would try to keep my child away from swear words and such so that they didn't learn to use them. I completely agree that it is terrible about how children are spoilt and rude at such a young age. Tantrums will happen but swearing at young ages is horrendous.
    September 13th, 2009 at 08:54pm