Disrespectful And Rude Children - Comments

  • Vulnerable.

    Vulnerable. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I used to get spanked when I was younger and was acting bad, and I used those actions against my little brother because I didn't know any better. I will NEVER spank my child, or anyone else's for the matter. In fact, this somewhat reminds me of the man who slapped the little two year old at Walmart because she was crying. It. Was. Sick.
    One thing I hate though is because I was a tomboy when I was younger, I learned how to swear at an early age*though a lot less earlier than some kids today*. Since I swear, people think I don't have any respect. But yes, say please, thank you, no thank you. IT HELPS
    September 13th, 2009 at 08:30pm
  • Mallory Mallibu

    Mallory Mallibu (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    39
    Location:
    Japan
    To me, hitting/spanking your children is terrible and should not be done. Especially in some cases that child grows up and that can lead to domestic violence.
    I am a strong believe in the saying "words hurt more than actions." usually.
    But then im only fifteen myself, and I dont remember acting as disrespect as [i]some[/i] children do. Im sure twenty, thirty years there were kids who acted just like the rude ones we have today, and it's not likely going to change.
    September 13th, 2009 at 08:20pm
  • tigermilk

    tigermilk (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    okay, manners are awesome, but for serious... were you never young? all kids have had temper tantrums, including you, it's part of their social and emotional development. but no matter what the circumstance may be, you're not their parents, it's up to them to "discipline" their own children. smacking, in my eyes, is totally inappropriate. I know that nobody likes to hear a screaming kid but it's none of your business to teach another person's kid manners or whatever. shoulda been a journal post.
    September 13th, 2009 at 07:00pm
  • Silly Box Cat.

    Silly Box Cat. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I got spanked by my Dad when I was younger. It never helped. Just made me afraid of him. Maybe if he'd just talked to me instead of screaming I would be closer with him than I am today. Whether you like it or not, kids are always going to throw tantrums. Its like PMSing I guess. Teenage girls don't get blamed for that, do they? And as much as I agree that you should do something about it, hitting them is never the answer, even if it may seem to 'work' in some cases.
    September 13th, 2009 at 04:49pm
  • JuiLoz3

    JuiLoz3 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Why the hell did you "discipline" someone else's daughter???
    September 13th, 2009 at 04:43pm
  • SomerhalderDeathbats

    SomerhalderDeathbats (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    35
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with this completely about how children can get quite annoying and very embarrassing when they cry because they don't get what they want. The only have a problem with the spanking. Yes, I know the kid needs some kind of punishment, but my parents took the whole spanking theory way to far and still to this day think if I get nasty to them, that they can slap me. I'm sorry, but I won't ever lay my hands on my child / neice or nephew.
    September 13th, 2009 at 03:28pm
  • Mrs.Esme Cullen

    Mrs.Esme Cullen (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    hah,you can spank a kid,but you cant do it to hard,and hitting a child is NEVER the answer at all.. its actually a law.And there are other ways to punish a child you know :D
    September 13th, 2009 at 01:13pm
  • Earl of Phantomhive

    Earl of Phantomhive (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I agree with 'Morrissey', hitting children is wrong, it is against the law as adults so why should it be OK for people to do it to children.
    I was hit by my step-mother, full palm across the back & thighs for forgetting to do trivial things, it never made me respect her more at all. It just made my family fall further apart, I haven't went to see my own father for six years because I was afraid to go there.
    Hitting someone shouldn't ever have to be the answer.
    However I do agree that children are becoming more & more disrespectful, but that is all down to the parents, children can only behave how they have been taught to. People with horrid children ought to re-think their parenting techniques.
    September 13th, 2009 at 11:12am
  • chromatography.

    chromatography. (255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Australia
    I enjoyed the article, as previously stated by others and yourself it does come down to the parents. I don't agree with your point on the spanking, I shall not deny that it happens but I don't think it is appropriate as it establishes the wrong type of relationship between the child and parent, one of fear in some aspects. If parents made the effort to teach and establish a good relationship with their children, where they still held authority but not via means of abuse, the children will respect their parents. Then the children will most likely listen and abide to their parents rules. It's about establishing good habits, through discipline and a relationship that is constructed well. That's my view personally, because spanking can also cause harm to the child, not just physically but emotionally.

    However, that's my general opinion on the matter.
    September 13th, 2009 at 08:09am
  • MyXBloodyXRomance

    MyXBloodyXRomance (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    I hate it when my cousin's parents give her stuff and
    she turns right around and starts talking s!@t about them
    then she says stuff about how she wishes her parents would
    stop giving her stuff she doesnt need and start spending
    time with her, when she spends half her time in her
    room useing the things her parents gave her
    I want to tell her shes being spoild when she talks
    back to her parents
    if I would talk to my parents the way she talks to hers
    I would have gotten smacked in the face (my parents are mexican)
    I know that spanking is wrong to some people but some kids need it!
    cause face it a time out for 5 minutes itsnt going to do anything..
    September 13th, 2009 at 07:59am
  • Mister Prozac.

    Mister Prozac. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Australia
    Oh I agree.
    When I was little I used to hate discipline, but now I'm glad that I was actually taught some.
    September 13th, 2009 at 07:56am
  • SHYLA01

    SHYLA01 (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    I agree, parents who try to be friends, a lot of their kids are disrespective, but also if parents are TOO strick and all that kids can grow to resent (not always) because you're meant to have fun with your parents, but also respect them and listen to them.
    September 13th, 2009 at 07:14am
  • x.Disasterous

    x.Disasterous (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    Australia
    Like they said. Nowadays people have to watch outfit child protective services. Now they think spanking is abuse and kids would turn in their own parents for laying a finger on them. My friend Logan she does that to her dad and that annoys mr be UAE she is a spoiled meanie... But discipline is good.
    September 13th, 2009 at 06:01am
  • only human

    only human (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    [b]Morrissey[/b] pretty much said everything I wanted to say.
    September 13th, 2009 at 04:44am
  • yurio

    yurio (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    it's a lot of disrespectful kids at my school and it's totally annoying. I can not stand kids who treat adults like crap.
    September 13th, 2009 at 03:44am
  • hairdie

    hairdie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    Thank god for this article! I thought I was the only one, its the parents really, their the ones who can let the kid go free or snap his leash back. spanking isn't child abuse, never will be. there is a MAJOR difference between abusing your child and disciplining your child. when I was younger I got slapped on the cheek and arm, and thats all I needed to shut up.

    Parents these day don't even watch their kids, teach their kids. Honestly it looks like they just don't care anymore. It's sad but true.
    September 13th, 2009 at 12:17am
  • InYourEyes2410

    InYourEyes2410 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Australia
    i work in the checkouts at a woolworths store, wich is a big supermarket/grocery type shopping place, and i see this all the time. when i was a kid around that 4-7 age we got smacked and threatend and indeed been banished to my room or the naughty corner if i,we (siblings) misbehaved.

    but as i said before every time i work i see parents give in to the children. and sometimes i tell them what i think, that they shouldnt, and the usual reply is "its to shut them up"
    it angers me that parents think it will, shut the kid up, but in reality the child will just think if i whine enough i can get anything.

    yet as a child it is practically written in our brains the golden rules of please/thankyou, saying excuse me and so on, but no a days some kids just dont and i am shoved by kids and i have fallen over too. (example today some 10yr old rode into me on his scooter, tripped me over and didnt even say sorry and scooted off)

    it is just plain sad, and these days parents can get their kids taken off them if they 'disipline' or smack their kids in public.
    there are levels of 'abuse' and simple disipline isnt even abuse its just a simple way to get a child whose mind and intellect, which isnt developed at a certain level, to understand.

    (rant over)

    xoxo
    September 12th, 2009 at 11:37pm
  • Lulu Falconeri

    Lulu Falconeri (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    If I ever did anything like that I would have been slapped in front of everyone which is how I learned to not. Plus it's just rude and disgusting.
    My cousin Nichole is really strict about having her kids listen to us and they respect us which I'm thankful for.
    September 12th, 2009 at 09:20pm
  • fool's paradise

    fool's paradise (1000)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I utterly agree with Ashley Collins.
    September 12th, 2009 at 09:13pm
  • Shark

    Shark (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Singapore
    It all boils down to the parents.

    Parents these days just loves to pamper their kids. It really irritates me to hear them whine about nothing at all.
    September 12th, 2009 at 08:50pm