Disrespectful And Rude Children - Comments

  • college dropout

    college dropout (255)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I CANNOT believe a kid would say that to his father!! I think in this kind of case, more than 50% of the blame is on the parents, for raising their children in such a disgusting manner.
    I like this article. Well written, and brings up some good points.
    September 11th, 2009 at 09:05pm
  • randy orton.

    randy orton. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    I was hit with the slipper or my mom's hand. Hahaha.
    Trust me, when I see children throw tantrums, I get mad at them and the parents. Their parents should be disciplining the children, and showing who they need to listen to. Yes, I used to throw tantrums and the discipline I got taught me better and made me the person I am today. Even if I'm only 14, I know how to act mature. And seeing this stuff, like I said above, pisses the hell out of me.
    September 11th, 2009 at 09:04pm
  • Letterbombx723

    Letterbombx723 (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I agree with you. I was spanked as a child if I misbehaved, and trust me, it only took one or two times to be corrected in my entire childhood to behave. I'm thankful my mother disciplined me as a child, and I tell her that. It has made me more respectful toward others and I have good manners because of it. Some children nowadays are just downright in need of being disciplined.
    September 11th, 2009 at 07:41pm
  • goldenyears.

    goldenyears. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I honestly can't believe that so many of you can't tell the difference between "spanking" and "hitting a child, omg child abuse!".
    September 11th, 2009 at 07:39pm
  • John W. Lennon

    John W. Lennon (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I like this article, and some people have said it may be offensive, but I don't see it at all. It's true that a lot of parents don't discipline their children enough, and it annoys me too. I had pretty strict parents growing up, but I'm glad they were like that because now I have manners and I know how to behave. These are things that all kids should know, and it's not difficult for parents, in my opinion, to make their children learn these things.
    September 11th, 2009 at 07:26pm
  • Wild27Rose

    Wild27Rose (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I work at a nursery, I deal with these children 9 hours a day, four/five days a week. As a nursery worker, I know how rude children can get, but some parents love their child too much to discipline them. It's no excuse, but to be honest, your article was totally putting children into the wrong perspective. Things like that are told about people of any age. In a teenagers eyes, parents are always wrong, in the eyes of an elderly person, all young people are scum. Spanking children is illegal! It is child abuse at the end of the day, no matter how wrong the child was acting.
    An easy method is threatening to take their favourite toy if they don't behave, and continue with this method until they get the hint.
    Children like to test their boundaries at the end of the day. You were once like that, and when you were a child, I bet you were thinking you'd never hit a child when you had your own!

    Your article was well written, don't get me wrong, but many people would take this the wrong way, find it offensive. If (for example) you were working for a magazine/newspaper, they would NEVER allow you to publish an article like this because it is such a sensitive subject.
    September 11th, 2009 at 07:08pm
  • xXGreyWingsXx

    xXGreyWingsXx (850)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    I'm never too sure whether corporal punishment is right. My mum used to hit me with a wooden spoon over the hand if I was naughty... but then, I was always well behaved as a child.
    September 11th, 2009 at 06:16pm
  • Angel di Morte

    Angel di Morte (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    24
    Location:
    United States
    I agree that this should be a journal, as it is an opinion. But since we're giving them, I agree that some children do not get the proper guidance needed to be a responsible person in society. But I also agree with the other comments that there are disorders that cause this behavior, not necessarily bad parenting skills. And as a mother myself, I can attest to the fact that there are times when even the most well-behaved child steps out of line, even, God forbid, in public.

    I also think it is selfish for an adult to purchase a drink for themselves and not expect the relative's child in their care to want something to drink, as well. And I'm sure it cannot effectively make a point to spank a child for misbehaving afterward. While it's true "it takes a village to raise a child", personally, I would never allow any cousin to lay a hand on a child of mine.
    September 11th, 2009 at 05:46pm
  • Missand

    Missand (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Just because the child is having a hissy fit doesn't mean the child is rude and disrespectful. Outbursts like these, help determine any mental disorders such as ADHD.

    I've seen the same parents who reward their children for bad behaviour, or even scrutinize them for the little good they have done. However, we don't know what goes on behind closed doors and I don't believe that anyone should have the right to judge a parents parenting style.

    Its easy to say " she should have spanked him" but in reality, you don't want to be a bad mother or father. Its hard being a parent and everyone makes mistakes.
    September 11th, 2009 at 05:05pm
  • Bugggaaa.

    Bugggaaa. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    103
    Location:
    United States
    I agree completely that some parents don't do the right things in right situations but we all have a different opinion on how to raise children. I don't think spanking a child is right because there are other ways then hitting a child to discipline them.
    September 11th, 2009 at 05:05pm
  • horsie890

    horsie890 (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    These are some interesting stories, but it's not really written out enough to be an article. What's the point you're trying to make? What question are you trying to answer? The beginning is a good lead-in to an article, but the ending leaves us confused as to what you're trying to say.
    September 11th, 2009 at 04:50pm
  • mannaquin

    mannaquin (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Parents like that bug me.
    September 11th, 2009 at 04:26pm
  • Rosalia

    Rosalia (800)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    United States
    firstly, this should have been a journal since you're just sounding off on the way people raise their children.

    secondly, there are other forms of discipline when raising a child and because parents get frustrated they resort to human nature: violence. i just think that if you don't have the patience to raise a child, then you should ether get some or not have children.

    my parents hit me, a little too much if you ask me, and what happened? I hate them. I think they're disgusting people for beating me and my siblings. If they talked to us, we would have understood but no; they decided to beat us. but that's just me.

    I have 16 nieces and nephews and when my 15th niece, emma, has hissy fits we sit her down and keep her there until she's chilled out and then talk to her. that is all that's needed but people get angry themselves and like children turn to hitting to solve an issue.
    September 11th, 2009 at 04:20pm
  • KittyKat1

    KittyKat1 (105)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    I totally agree. When you don't discipline your children, they can grow up to be disrespectful adults, a shame to the parents. They can wind up in lots of trouble because they don't mind their parents when they're young, and definitely not when they're older.

    I think that it is necessary to spank a child. It isn't abuse, it is discipline. It's necessary and it helps the child more than it hurts them.
    September 11th, 2009 at 04:17pm
  • Valley Of Dreams

    Valley Of Dreams (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    i agree with asteroid.
    i dont believe in hitting children..
    even if they've done something wrong.
    parents should just talk with the kid. and let them know they did something wrong.
    September 11th, 2009 at 03:44pm
  • Penguin.

    Penguin. (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    I got smaked when I was a kid and I don't believe that even if a kids misbehaving it's the right thing to do.

    My cousin shouted and screamed when I took her out, but cause I'd learnt tecniques for handeling misbehaving children in my Child Development course, I delt with her calmly and didn't need to use violence, and she understood that if she didn't do what she was told she'd get into big trouble.

    Kids shout and scream when they're little because when they're a baby, thier whole world is focused around themselves because everyone does everything for them. For several years after that when they're learning that the world not focused around them, they do try and resort to get to what they want. It dosn't mean they're nessicerily rude or disrespectful, just learning that lifes not all about them. We got taught that on the course.

    Nicely written article though (:
    September 11th, 2009 at 03:16pm
  • LeleDisco

    LeleDisco (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    This should have been a journal.
    I actually DO agree with spanking children. I was a bad kid, so I got hit.
    I was never beaten, but if I was being bad I was disiplined.
    Some kids just don't learn any other way.
    September 11th, 2009 at 03:11pm
  • Dream of Sunshine

    Dream of Sunshine (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    I personally think the real problems come when parents stop wanting to be parents and instead want to be friends. They see their kid cry and throw a tantrum and they think it's their fault. So instead of taking their little kid out side they sit there and give them what they want.
    I have cousins who act like this when around there parents but as soon as my aunt and uncle leave they are perfect angles. It's all about what they know they can get away with.
    September 11th, 2009 at 03:11pm
  • It's In The Blood.

    It's In The Blood. (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    33
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    When does it become abuse then, [b]just_call_me_dookie[/b]?
    September 11th, 2009 at 02:04pm
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Oh, yes, forbid that we see someone hitting a child in public. We'll want to hide everything bad from everyone so people think everything is always very well. I was spanked all the time in public for being a little asshole. I would smack the crap out of my kid if it misbehaved. I used to get spanked with a belt with silver bullets on it. I'm a good kid, I don't disobey my mom. At least to her face. :]
    September 11th, 2009 at 12:41pm