12 year old commits suicide - Emo trend is blamed - Comments

  • XLips-like-MorphineX

    XLips-like-MorphineX (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Dear lord, their dropping off like flies these days :|

    i dont get this, when did things like badges become emo? pile of shit much!
    May 20th, 2008 at 05:57pm
  • MaggieWayBliss

    MaggieWayBliss (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    it's not the emo part of it.

    why does everyone one think that?

    gah it's so stupid.

    her mom treats her bad, she broke up with her boyfriend the day before, and who knows. maybe she was pregnant or something. or maybe the bf said she wasn't good enough.

    it's not her fault. and the emo part had nothing to do with it.
    May 20th, 2008 at 01:34am
  • Rossetta

    Rossetta (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    38
    Location:
    United States
    THIS WAS WRITTEN BY SOME ONE ELS, I HOW EVER HAVE TO AGREE WITH IT. TO THE PAREN'TS OF THIS GIRL "IM SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS" IT IS VERY SAD THAT THINGS LIKE THIS ARE HAPPENING AROUND THE WORLD BUT THE MUSIC IS NOT TO BE BLAMED.

    ALL MCR FANS OUT THERE LETS SHOW THEM HOW MCR SAVES LIVES, POST A COMENT STATING HOW YOU FEEL AND HOW MCR SAVED YOUR LIFE. THEY SAVED MINE AND IM STILL HERE AND WE WILL CARRY ON!


    "Let's hope media sees the truth now!
    No one can deny so many comments all around the net pertaining to this.

    My Chemical Romance has only done good on this world.

    They've saved plenty of lives, and fought against self-harm, suicide, and especially the touchy word "Emo".

    :] They've done nothing other than encourage hope in those who felt there is no hope left, by identifying themselves with others.

    They tell us it's okay to be messed up.

    They tell us to stand up fucking tall.

    They tell us to never let them take us alive.

    They tell us not to be afraid to walk this world alone.

    They tell us we'll carry on.

    And that's just what we're gonna do. :] because we know the truth. And we know what they're real message is.

    We'll carry on."
    May 19th, 2008 at 10:45pm
  • Rossetta

    Rossetta (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    38
    Location:
    United States
    THIS IS YET ANOTHER ATTEMPT ON TRYING TO MAKE EVERY OTHER PERSON BE THE SAME DAMN CARBON COPY OF A BARBIE DOLL AND KEN DOLL!

    THIS REPORTER CLEARLY NEEDS TO DO THEIR HOME WORK.
    JUST BECAUSE SOME ONE DRESSES LIKE THAT DOES NOT MEAN WE ARE ALL GONNA KILL OUR SELFS! IT'S CALLED FREEDOM OF EXPRESSION!
    May 19th, 2008 at 10:23pm
  • musetastic

    musetastic (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    New Zealand
    MCR is f*cking anti violence for gods sake. She obviously wasn't a fan, nor was she knowing what she was doing.

    The reporter should do her bloody job.
    May 19th, 2008 at 08:24am
  • Just Delirious.

    Just Delirious. (600)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    "Converse-type shoes", black make-up and badges/pins don't make someone Emo. I have tons of pins and stuuf on my bags, wear Converse and a bit of black makeup, and I'm practically the farthest you could get from Emo. People need to stop putting the blame on other things and people and admit they hav/had a problem. Sorry, but it's true.
    May 18th, 2008 at 07:24pm
  • Opium.Rainbows

    Opium.Rainbows (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Australia
    Ah, this brings back memories of idiotic Hannah Bond..
    May 18th, 2008 at 05:49am
  • HystericxBarbie

    HystericxBarbie (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I find this sad to hear. Both the suicide and the fact that people are doing it because of "emo".
    I wouldn't be surprised in the next few months another article like this is going to pop up, but that's just me : /
    May 18th, 2008 at 05:41am
  • gerard_is_my_vampire

    gerard_is_my_vampire (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    okay well 1st of all id like to tell you that i think naming some like oh shes emo she wears black jeans and sh** is tupid i think emo is a pile of sh** so you cant blame a emo cult
    May 18th, 2008 at 05:18am
  • FLESH COUTURE

    FLESH COUTURE (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    Canada
    Oh... They don't blame MCR this time? -_-

    " A teenage current that is accused of encouraging depression, self-mutilation, and even suicidal behaviour."
    ...Seriously, where is the world going?
    May 18th, 2008 at 03:44am
  • C V.D P

    C V.D P (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Canada
    Crap... I must of spelled something wrong. XD This is what happens when your not fluent in Romanian any more.
    May 17th, 2008 at 09:59pm
  • C V.D P

    C V.D P (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Canada
    I know what it's like to live in a poor country, I'm Romanian, but it doesn't mean anything. You've got to look on the bright side. Honestly, Romania doesn't know shit. Of course they're going to blame it on 'emo', they don't know any better. Poor girl. <3.

    Te iubesc, Andrada. Sufletul tau e in inima mea. Xoxo.
    May 17th, 2008 at 09:47pm
  • thunder.

    thunder. (200)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Great Britain (UK)
    Don't really have anything to say.
    What can we do?
    It's sad that because she had some rough patches she decided to waste away her life.
    No matter how hard things are, she shouldn't have done that, no one should.
    But also, it's not because she's emo. If someone else commited suicide, it wouldn't be such big a deal. Stop blaming emo, even though I don't even really like the term.
    May 17th, 2008 at 11:10am
  • ClicheMotivation

    ClicheMotivation (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    ...What the hell kind of loser actually starts up a freakin' "Emo Cult?" *coughnolifeorfriendscough*

    It's sad that she killed herself. But it's not emo's fault. It's her own for being too damn stupid to look past the stereotypes and the encouragement of the cult.
    May 17th, 2008 at 06:54am
  • for the love of me

    for the love of me (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    if she just happened to be a friggin' cheerleader everybody would have blamed the parents... i hate when people steriotype, thats what starts it all, everybody starts to seperate in 'cliques' in 6th & 7th grade and you talk to a person outside your group everybody's like "How can you talk to her/him? You can't talk to me anymore if your gonna hang out with her/him!"

    When one of my friends asked me,"If emo means emotional, what emotion does it stand for?" I said,"Any emotion JUST BE YOURSELF!"
    May 17th, 2008 at 05:46am
  • Deleted Account

    Deleted Account (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    I don't see why they can't take responsibility. "Let's blame emo!" Blah blah blah. How about, "Let's get involved with our kids." In reality it's her friends fault. They noticed something was going on. We need to start stepping up. Enough with the blaming, it's preposterous. The other article blamed My Chemical Romance. "What's next?"

    Have you noticed that they were both 13? These were young girls that just wanted to be cool. Everything is about being cool. I say enough with blaming stupid sterotypes and start blaming the media that is filling the minds of millions of kids with a "I've got to be popular" idea. Enough is enough.
    May 17th, 2008 at 04:09am
  • BrionnaxROCKETSHIP

    BrionnaxROCKETSHIP (1000)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    i agreed with the person below.
    gahh. lets all blame emo X[
    May 17th, 2008 at 03:21am
  • littleblackconverse

    littleblackconverse (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    Of course just blame the emos for everything, are they fucking serious? Lately people have been trying to be "emo" because they think it is cool or they don't "fit in" into any other clique, which is just stupid. BE YOURSELF. My condolences to the girl's family and the other 13 year who also committed suicide but I don't think it is right to blame a certain group or type of music. The main problem may have come from personal issues.

    Plus, My Chemical Romance does NOT encourage suicide, they actually are AGAINST it and their music tries to inspire people to keep on living. Just because someone wears all black and tons of eyeliner does not mean they love death/suicide.
    May 17th, 2008 at 02:51am
  • Jojo.

    Jojo. (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Philippines
    Maybe it's because of the parents but the emo cult might have just triggered it.
    May 17th, 2008 at 01:10am
  • The Lovecraft

    The Lovecraft (500)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    Romania
    you guys(the ones who have gaahh-ing about how emo is not to blame/emo is just music) I'm just showing to the world what is happening. they're balming it on this subculture. and even though emo [i]was[/i] originally music, it has kinda become a subculture, just like punk and goth...
    It's true, I assure you. They're all blaming it on the emo shit. I just thing she MISSED HER CHANCE TO REALLY LIVING. Out of respect, I won't say more.
    May 16th, 2008 at 09:44pm