12 year old commits suicide - Emo trend is blamed - Comments

  • Zed

    Zed (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United Kingdom
    1. The 13 year old was English...
    2. I think it's the culture, not the music. Although obviously the music is influenced by the culture...
    3. What a terrible waste
    May 16th, 2008 at 09:23pm
  • angus young

    angus young (355)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    Norway
    Why would anyone ever kill themselves? I think it's just a call for attention, if you ask me! That girl didn't even have anything wrong with her!
    May 16th, 2008 at 08:48pm
  • La La Love

    La La Love (250)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    i agree with happy pills. now children are doing it. shit.....Emo, is a culture of music lovers who dress in black, not an excuse to kill yourself.
    May 16th, 2008 at 08:29pm
  • twitches

    twitches (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    Canada
    i think it's really stupid how people are gonig all 'emo' jsut cause they think it's cool. When people are emo, they really do have problems that are hard to get passed by themselves. I admit, this girl had problems and such, and she was like what, 12? when your twelve, it's like junior high and you just really want to fit in. And obviously no one gave a shit, or couldn't reach out to her.
    May 16th, 2008 at 07:02pm
  • Nacho Lover.

    Nacho Lover. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    102
    Location:
    Montenegro
    i know it wasn't right.
    but please, stop giving the girl shit, shes dead!
    theres no coming back from dead.
    shes not stupid she had problems.
    she thinks she was a burden to her mother,
    that poor girl was depressed and had issues,
    no one reached out.
    sure at 11-12-13 her friends prolly didnt know what to do, but teachers, her mum, should have reached out..
    May 16th, 2008 at 08:28am
  • Slappy

    Slappy (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    This is getting kinda old. I mean, yeah, kids are losing their lives, but why blame something that doesn't even exist?
    It's like you're born, you grow up, one little thing goes wrong and the next thing you know, you're 6 feet under ground.
    But this is getting kinda pathetic, little kids shouldn't have these reasons to go kill themselves. D:
    May 16th, 2008 at 05:20am
  • drella

    drella (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    I just hate how they make it seem as though the problem is the so-called "emo" culture.

    It's not the culture's fault, however, it is the fault of the child who joins a "cult" from peer pressure, or simply the desire to fit in, but it's wrong of them to believe that in order to be fully like the cult, they, too, have to be suicidal.

    I feel so sad that people would give into that. It's completely dumb to me. It's so horrible too, that these poor teenager aren't receiving support from their family and friends. All they need is someone to talk to, if they're life is really so bad. But sometimes, the help doesn't come to them in time.

    I don't know what the point of me saying all this is, but my prayers are with her.
    May 16th, 2008 at 04:42am
  • Non_Cherie

    Non_Cherie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    30
    Location:
    United States
    shit...
    just...
    how can this keep happening?
    it seems people have taken the entire idea of "emo" too far, when really, there's nothing to it.

    i empathize with the girl on a few levels, how she was depressed about her parents' marital problems and being dumped, but no one should have to feel the need to kill themselves like that.

    it's sad, but to me, above all, this is an act of following too close behind the line of others and plain stupidity.

    you know, maybe it'd be better if the "emo trend" managed to find a way to self-destruct on its own.
    May 16th, 2008 at 04:41am
  • disastrous.

    disastrous. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    electricgirls*

    Sorry, I can't type today!
    May 16th, 2008 at 04:39am
  • disastrous.

    disastrous. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    elecrticgirls, I agree.

    The more this trend keeps growing, the more of these lame suicides are going to be in the news. Now, I'm not saying all of the suicides associated with the emo culture are phony, but a majority probably were just kids trying to prove they were part of such a group of kids.
    May 16th, 2008 at 04:38am
  • StephanieLynn

    StephanieLynn (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    This stuff is sad. The age just keeps getting younger because nobody pays as close attention to their kids anymore. And parents who don't know what 'emo' is will believe what their kids says about.
    And if this is a copy cat of that other girl, there's a reason schools won't let kids make speeches about kids who killed themselves. It gives other kids this idea that 'Hey, I want that kind of attention. I may be dead but why not?' And if this kid already has problems, that's only the more influence they need.
    May 16th, 2008 at 04:38am
  • Colts.

    Colts. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Location:
    United States
    Poor girl.
    I think she took it all too serious. But maybe her mom did really think she was a burden and she coulden't take it any more. I feel bad for her and her family. ):
    When will it stop?
    May 16th, 2008 at 04:35am
  • electricgirls.

    electricgirls. (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    Again? Wow, this is going to get old fast.
    May 16th, 2008 at 04:32am
  • RawrMonstah

    RawrMonstah (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    God, what's with all these suicides from 12 and 13 year old kids with no real problems????
    May 16th, 2008 at 04:24am
  • Silly_Girl

    Silly_Girl (350)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    31
    Location:
    United States
    All right, here dookie goes.
    First off. EMO IS A GENRE OF MUSIC. It is not, by any means, a "type" of person. I'm so sick of all these little pre-teens and whatnot getting into this "subculture" because they think it's what they should do. JUST BE YOURSELF. If you're depressed get help, a teacher, a friend, a parent, a consoler, someone [i]will[/i] help.
    Second, it's sad, so sad that she commited suicide. It's unfair that she did this. But you can blame a made-up cultrual "status". It's ludicrious.
    Third...I just want to scream and then eat my own face because of human stupidity.
    May 16th, 2008 at 04:23am
  • Scottie

    Scottie (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    28
    Location:
    United States
    damn!!! another life lost cuz of a trend!!! >:( she lost her chance 2 live a full happy life. im sad. :(
    May 16th, 2008 at 04:21am
  • Dungeons and Danny

    Dungeons and Danny (100)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    32
    Location:
    United States
    people have to realize that (dare i say it): EMO IS DEAD. It has transformed into something that pre-teens think its socially acceptable to commit suicide.
    That is not what emo was about.
    There are barely any TRUE emo bands still around today

    it is so sad what emo has evolved into....i mean even my own mother thought i was "emo" (yeah i'm really emo, so emo that all i listen to is hardcore punk haha) and was going to send me to therapy!
    May 16th, 2008 at 04:13am
  • Chain Me Free

    Chain Me Free (130)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    Opps I didn't mean to defend her really but you do need love to live, any kind of love for that matter.
    May 16th, 2008 at 04:13am
  • Chain Me Free

    Chain Me Free (130)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    29
    Location:
    United States
    This little girl thought she was a burden to her family somehow she didn't kill herself because she was "emo". Her mother probably gave her that impression not music. Maybe she wanted out because she didn't feel loved, studies show that people need love to live. If you felt like everyone was out to get you and that no one loved you what the hell would you do?
    May 16th, 2008 at 04:12am
  • Kurdt Kobain

    Kurdt Kobain (150)

    :
    Member
    Gender:
    Age:
    34
    Location:
    United States
    This label is really getting out of hand.
    So what if she was wearing dark clothing, etc.?
    She killed herself, it was her choice....still, it is sad and unfortunate. -_-
    I just wish people would stop blaming the "emo" influence. *sighs*
    May 16th, 2008 at 04:11am