As The Blood Is Drained, It's Bad For Business

You're walking down the dock, late at night. The ground is wet from the heavy rain that only stopped seconds ago. You're hungry...extremely hungry. You raise your head, sniffing the air. There's someone a little while back, the way you came. Perfect. You turn around and start heading back down the dock. With every step, the smell gets stronger. You're almost back at the Marina, but the smell starts to get clouded. There's too many different blood types in such a close vicinity. But one is closer than the others. Where is it coming from? You quickly turn around-you've heard something. Too late. *SMACK*! A combat boot has struck your face, and, caught off-guard, you fall to the ground. You quickly get up and look at your attacker. How foolish she is...why, it's only a small girl in dark clothing. Easily taken care of...

Except it won't be. You've just run into Scarlett Tiernel. Nice going, you stupid vampire. Be ready to be dealt over to death.Scarlett Tiernel is just your normal, everyday, seventeen-year-old girl.
NOT.
Scarlett Tiernel is far from a normal teenager. She doesn't go to school, she hardly ever goes home, and-oh. She kicks major vampire ass. But when captured by a lonely and desperate group of vampires, her entire world is flipped upside down. Will Jackie, the mother figure of the immortals, be able to make a demon house feel like home? Will Daniel, fun-loving and ever-giving, be able to bond with Scarlett, and bring out past secrets? And most importantly, Cayden. The quiet recluse who shies off to the side, even though he was the one that brought Scarlett to them in the first place...will he be able to persuade Scarlett to see his side, possibly even extinguish the burning hatred that Scarlett has for their race?

It's impossible to tell...
But you can always try reading.