The Runaway

My story begins in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and ends in San Francisco, California.

"How is this possible?" Your probibly asking yourself.

"Did I read the line right? Did she make a typo? How can a 16 year old girl have a story that spands across the east and west coast?"

As crazy at it sounds, that's exactly how the story goes.

Maybe it's because I'm a little crazy. Or maybe it's because my life is a little craxy. "Crazy? Crazy like the typical drama of a suburban high school girl?" Thats probibly what your asking yourself.

And as surprising as it sounds, this story has nothing to do with boys, betrayed friendships, or a game of Seven Minutes In Heaven.

Although a part of it does. The real reason for my problems isn't adolescence. Rather, it's war.
Yes war. War is the reason that David was drafted to suddently to Vietnam. War is the cause of the even greater riff between my family and I. And lastly, war is the reason for my early departure from Pittsburgh once and for all.
The only way I can explain all of this is by starting that the very beganning In Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

I wish I had spent more nights outside under the stars while in Pittsburgh instead of moping around in my room. I wish I had taken time to smell the sweet scent of the fresh cut lawns on my way home from school rather then racing home to watch TV. I wish I had sat outside and felt the warm sun splash my face. Most of all, I wish I had said 'I love you' one last time.