Status: Updates every couple of weeks - Thanks for reading everybody!

Chaser of Faith

I felt a gust of wind brush my hair back and I felt soft feathers push my arm back. Adriel’s foot planted firmly down on the ground as he moved towards me. He grabbed my arm with one hand and my waist with the other. He picked me up forcefully as I screamed in surprise. He pushed off the ground so fast, I didn’t know what was happening until I was in the air already. My stomach dropped as we flew up into the sky. I twisted and struggled in his tight grip.

“Adriel, stop!” For some reason, I expected to wake up. This couldn’t be real. We immediately veered off the path and travelled across the trees, “Stop, Adriel, stop!” I looked down at the ground as we sped away from the ground and over the forest. Remy’s pale skin stuck out in the moonlight. He was looking up at us with a straight face, as far as I could see. “Go to the cottage, Remy!” I shouted. “Tell Rahmiel!”

I continued to struggle against the dark angel. I felt the last strand of trust that connected my heart to him finally snap.

“You’re a goddamn maniac, Adriel!” I screamed at him shrilly. I wanted him to hear me over the roaring wind that assaulted us as we raced through the sky.

“I may be a maniac,” he yelled back. “But at least I’ll never be human.”


-*-

Shortly after the loss of her mother, Claire’s whole world is turned upside-down with the discovery of angels and mystical beings. Being tossed into a world that she only ever dreamed could exist, her heart is torn. And, when a terrible threat appears, she and her new friends are called upon to save not just Earth and the new planet she calls home, but the entire universe. She soon learns the lengths that she has to go to in order to succeed.

-*-

Title Credit: "The Calendar" by Panic! At The Disco

Rated R for plenty of profanity and adult situations.

Thank you so much for reading guys!