Running With Wolves

A room is, after all, a place where you hide from the wolves. That's all any room is.

-- Jean Rhys


shapeshifterˈ sh āpˌ sh iftər
noun
(chiefly in fiction or mythology) a person or being with the ability to change their physical form at will.


I never wanted to return to this place, this war zone, this home. I never wanted to be a part of any goddamn ancient principle, I didn't want to be a part of a living legend.

I didn't want a soulmate.
When people are in love they sometimes claim that the other person is their soulmate. It's ignorant! It's stupid! Soulmates...the biggest pain in my ass since my conception. Soulmates meant you didn't have a choice in who you loved, you didn't get that love at first sight moment, or that feeling that maybe this is the one. When you're soulmates there are no options, no second choice, all you have is each other, from the time you meet that's it, that's all you get because despite their flaws and their issues they're yours in every way. No one else will ever touch your heart, mind, and soul the way they do--whether you like it or not.

So I ran. I ran from my home, I ran from him, I ran from war, from responsibility, from love. I ran from all that I knew and abandoned my family. Now my father is dead and my sister has been kidnapped and my list of allies is waning like the bright luminescent moon in the sky. I don't have a choice...I have to go back to them, I have to find her even if it means I have to enlist His help to do it...

I'll find my sister, I'll restore order in my town--I'll make things right.

My name is Sage Cornelia Aurora Wolfe,
My father was Corneliu Romulus Fane Wolfe, Alpha of the Western Blackwood pack.
My lineage dates back to one of two original Romanian lines in America.
My little sister has been kidnapped.
My family and town is in shambles.
I am a part of the Soulmate Principle.
I'm twenty-three years old.

I'm an alpha rogue wolf with a vengeance--don't fuck with me.

Soulmate-- sōl māt
noun
the one and only other half of one's soul.

Related topics:
twin flame
twin soul


So inevitable seems the coexistances of man and dog that, according to an ancient North American Indian myth, the Great Creator in the Sky was already accompanied by a dog when he created earth and man.

-- The People's Almanac