Status: Active | Just posted Chapter 25, enjoy!!!!

Start Living Now

Image

Two years after the events of Breaking Dawn, life was perfect for Jacob Black. His pack and the Cullens had finally put aside their differences and lived in harmony. He was happy. Seventy miles away on the Quinault Reservation, Jael Utina's life couldn't have been better. Raised by her grandfather after the tragic death of her parents, Jael discovered her true heritage. She was a Shapeshifter; the Alpha of her pack, and she had finally found her imprint.

When one unpredictable and life-changing event occurs on the Quinault tribe's reservation, Jael is stripped of her birthright, left with nothing to call her own. As a few loyal pack members fight to defend her against those who she once thought of as family, Jael manages to escape and flees towards Alaska, changing not only her destiny, but ultimately Jacob's as well.

What will happen to Jacob and Jael when the two meet and find that life has been unfortunate to the both of them? Will they be able to turn the tables and rebuild their lives the way they were meant to be? Or will an opposing force destroy everything Jacob and Jael have fought so hard to change?


Check out these amazing banners created by some of SNL's readers!
1. [X].
2. [X].
3. [X].
4. [X].

Note from the Author (Zujako):
* I do not own any of the characters from the Twilight Saga. Any and all ideas and other characters mentioned in Start Living Now were written by me and belong to me. Take them, and I WILL get you.
** There are scenes of intense fictional violence. Some events might be a little overwhelming, but they are essential to the storyline, and essential in understanding the main character.
*** It DOES reflect the progression of an adult relationship, keep that in mind.
**** This story is accurate in many ways. A large amount of reasearch was done on the Quinault and Quileute tribes.
***** Any and all banners, images, etc. belong to their respective creators.
  1. Escape.
  2. Heading North.
    **Read the author's note at the end!**
  3. Unexpected.
  4. Following the Scent.
    Author's Note: This chapter is in Jacob's P.O.V.
  5. Caught.
    Author's Note: This chapter is in Jael's P.O.V. SLN will continue in Jael's P.O.V. unless stated otherwise.
  6. The Awakening.
  7. Introductions.
  8. They're Only Broken Bones.
  9. And Your Voice Was All I Heard.
  10. Some Call it Arrogant, I Call it Confident.
  11. Hearing Those Words, it Makes Me Weak.
  12. Another Turning Point.
  13. Can We See Beyond the Scars?
  14. Some Friends Who Finally Understand.
  15. Girl, You Make it Hard to be Faithful.
    Author's Note: This chapter is in Jacob's P.O.V.
  16. Ashamed and Proud.
    Author's Note: This chapter is in Jacob's P.O.V.
  17. Kick Me Like a Stray.
    Author's Note: This chapter is in Jael's P.O.V. SLN will continue in Jael's P.O.V. unless stated otherwise.
  18. This is Going to Bring Me Closer to You.
  19. You Touched My Heart.
  20. My Chance to Live Again.
  21. This Calls for a Toast.
    Author's Note: This chapter is in Jacob's P.O.V.
  22. I'm so Dirty, Babe!
    Author’s Note: This chapter is in Jael’s P.O.V. SLN will continue in Jael's P.O.V. unless stated otherwise.
  23. My Sisters and My Brothers.
  24. House of Wolves.
  25. I Caught Them Barking at the Moon.