Status: Active Once More

The Girl Who Cried Rape

I wonder how many people would come to my funeral. I wonder how many people would mourn for me, would shed a tear at my untimely demise. I wonder how many of the people who turned their backs on me in my one moment of need would show up.

I wonder how many people would feel partially if at all responsible for my death, my sudden death. I wonder if they would realise in that moment that I wasn’t lying, that I wasn’t making up a story to excuse a drunken night of bad behaviour. I wonder if they would know they caused this.

But mostly I wonder if they would finally understand I was telling the truth.

I was born and raised in a small Louisiana town, where football is bigger than god and country. Football is the greatest thing to sweep my small town, and the players are put up on a pedestal so high that no one can touch them. They are hailed as being the best and nothing less simply because they can kick a ball and run fast. They are free from judgement and accusations.

I learnt that the hard way.

Their pedestal is so high that not even the accusation of rape can knock them down, trust me I know.

*** Chapter titles taken from All Time Low songs***
**Don't steal, I own characters, story line**