Status: updates weekly at least c:

Hearts & Spades

If you walked up to seventeen year old Jack Barakat two weeks ago and asked him to describe to you exactly who he was he'd probably shrug his shoulders, reply with something lazy and uninteresting like - 'just your average teenager, I guess.' That's not particularly a bad thing - not in his opinion at least, he had a loving family, possible football scholarship and a beautiful girlfriend. Back then he saw his life going no where but up. Though if you asked him the same question the day after the love of his life was in a fatal car crash you'd get a totally different answer, Jack Barakat would tell you he was lost.

Alexander Gaskarth has been on this earth for sixteen years, and to you that may not seem like such an achievement. But for Alex, who was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy when he was only a child, it was a miracle. Just as his own heart begins to fail him and every ounce of hope seems pointless one phone call will change it all. They've found a heart just about his size and the exact same blood type, a perfect match, but when he realizes what had to be scarified so he could live, he doesn't feel so okay anymore.

Getting over this tragedy isn't an option for Jack so when he discovers that his lost love was an organ donor he does everything in his power to find out who received a piece of the girl who belonged to him, in a desperate attempt to find her and hopefully himself, all over again.