Status: Actively rewriting and posting.

Walking Backwards

I look at the papers in my lap. Here I was again, being shipped to another place, I didn't even choose this. I don't know how many times I've wanted to just give up, because honestly it's not worth it, it never is. Sighing loudly I shove them back into their manila envelope. I glance back out the window and regret it instantaneously as another wave of nausea engulfs me.

I shut my eyes and then turn sharply. I decide to focus on the small rip that is forming on the seat in front of me. I turn up my ipod, the sound of Disturbed filling my ears. The person in front of me turned for a second to look at me reproachfully, then back down to their kid hoping that he wasn't hearing what I was. I wanted to lift up my finger and tell her what I thought of her, but I didn't. This plane ride would be over soon and hopefully I would be in a home... I mean the papers said I was going to live with an older man, what harm could there be?

I laid my head back and tried to push back my paranoia and the feeling that something bad was going to happen. Hey my bad-luck streak has got to end sometime...


Image
Disclaimer:
I do not own the characters obviously, but the concept and Jacey and co. are mine. Now background information: I am rewriting this story. I wrote it early 2008, which I believe is before the movie? I don't know. I only like the first book, everything else isn't my cup of tea. The original is called Life's Little Let Down, which you can find on quizilla. Just saying since I am going to be changing a lot.