Status: In Progress

Princess of China

A long time ago, long before the creation of Middle Earth, there was only the Timeless Halls and Eru. Soon, he grew bored and created a special race of beings to help him, beings with unbelievable magic.

Soon after he created Melkor who deceived some of these beings, one by one, into darkness and they fell with him. Those who resisted joined with the Valar and created Middle Earth.

During the War of the Powers, those who had fallen with Melkor were defeated and their spirits fled into the mountains, burrowing down so deep they were immersed in fire, thus creating creatures known as Balrogs. They went into deep slumber and hid until they were awoken by Melkor and came to his aid.

Finally, after years of war, they good beings came to Noldor's aid in the War of Wrath, destroying all beasts of the shadows, sending them deep into the ground once more. Melkor was defeated and cast through the Door of Night and never seen again.

The beings were too powerful and were cast to Arda, living among elves and men. They multiplied and lived peacefully in the shadows of Ephel Dúath until Sauron invaded Mordor. He took them all prisoner, using their magic for evil, teaching them black magic, forcing them to build Barad-dûr, forcing them to corrupt men: The Easterlings and the Southrons. He forced them to aid the elves in forging the Rings of Power.

But one being stood out among the rest. A being so powerful and pure, even she could not be corrupted by the dark lord like the others. Sauron took note of this, and using her power, forged his own ring, the one ring to rule them all.

Sauron burned the inscription: Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul into all the beings skin, around the wrist, so they would be tied to him forever.

They were forced to fight the Battle of Dagorlad, using their magic which had no good left. When Isildur, son of Elendil killed Sauron's physical form, the beings were free. But only some escaped. Most were taken prisoner and held in Minas Morgul for centuries, being forced to do the bidding of the Witch-King of Angmar.

Those that did escape fled into Fangorn Forest where they taught the Ents and brought them new lift.

Not many in Middle Earth know of these beings and those that do, think them to be extinct, for they have not been seen in centuries.

Little did they know there are some left in this world today and, with the rising power of the One Ring, they are being brought back to is why I currently find myself flat on my back in the middle of the woods, with no clue where I am or how I got there.

*********

This came to me one day while listening to the song Princess of China by Coldplay (hence the title) and watching Return of the King. There is no official pairing yet because I am too lazy to pick one, so you lovely people get to decide who my character ends up with. Just tell me in reviews, message me or whatever.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything you recognize.

Enjoy!