Status: Completed!

Thunder

Abigail Speed was barely seventeen years old and just wanted to die. She spent all of her time figuring out how she could fulfill her wishes. She knew that if she wasn't the perfect weight or didn't have the perfect looks, she deserved the abuse she received from her father. Abigail wanted to make it easier for him. If he didn't have the daughter that he wanted, she would just end her own life and make her father happy for once. Alex Gaskarth was your typical, popular guy. He was eighteen years old and felt on top of the world. He could get any girl he wanted to, without worrying about having a serious relationship. He had his life figured out. Until one day, he meets Abigail. He notices the bruises, the scars, and the way her bones stick out of her skin. Abigail knows better to trust anyone. Alex feels something different for Abigail, though. Something he'd never felt in his life. Despite the calls he'd get from Abigail, crying her eyes out, the times she swore the bruises weren't from her father, or the times she'd pretend to eat, Alex knew he didn't want to leave her. He wanted to fix her.
  1. Prologue
  2. 001: Breathe Me
    "I hurt myself again today and the worst part is there's no one else to blame."
  3. 002: Fix You
    "And I will try to fix you."
  4. 003: You're Dead Wrong
    "She's got broken things where her heart should be."
  5. 004: Iris
    "I don't want the world to see me. I don't think that they'd understand."
  6. 005: Thunder
    "So, bring on the thunder."
  7. 006: Baby Blue Eyes
    "I like to think I'm a better man for not letting her do what she's been known to do."
  8. 007: Kiss It All Better
    "And she cried, kiss it all better. I'm not ready to go. It's not your fault, love. You didn't know."
  9. 008: Tell Her
    "If you see my girl, just tell her I miss her smile."
  10. 009: Beautiful Disaster
    "Tries to act so nonchalant. Afraid they'll see that she's lost her direction."
  11. 010: Miserable At Best
    "I guess I can live without you, but without you, I'll be miserable at best."
  12. 011: Nothing
    "I'm swearing if I go there now. I can change her mind, turn it all around."
  13. 012: Walk
    "I'm learning to walk again. I believe I've waited long enough."
  14. 013: Dakota
    "I know our love is new. I barely know you. I've fallen over you. It's the way you do the things you do that make me fall in love with you."
  15. 014: Skyscraper
    "Go on and try to tear me down, I will be rising from the ground like a skyscraper."
  16. 015: You Save Me
    "I'm not sure how you know the perfect thing to say to save me from myself. You're the angel that believes in me, like nobody else."
  17. 016: For The Nights I Can't Remember
    "Me, I'm used to being tired and bloody. You believed that I could be somebody."
  18. 017: Stormy
    "It's stormy out, so, baby, let me in. I can help. I know I can. Together, we're never going to fall."
  19. 018: Sad, Beautiful, Tragic
    "Time is taking its sweet time erasing you. You've got your demons and, darling, they all look like me."
  20. 019: Both Of Us
    "The world gets heavy when you're lifting for two."
  21. 020: Stay
    "Can you tell I haven't slept very well since the last time that we spoke?"
  22. 021 (trigger warning): Here Comes Goodbye
    "Here comes goodbye. Here comes the last time. Here comes the start of every sleepless night. The first of every tear I'm gonna cry. Here comes the pain. Here comes me wishing things had never changed."
  23. 022: Lullabies
    "You've taken so much with you, but left the worst with me."
  24. 023: Memories That Fade Like Photographs
    "I said I'd never forget your face."
  25. 024: Warrior
    "There's a hole where my heart used to be."
  26. 025: Sanctuary
    "Bring me all the worst of your broken, bruised, insane. That's the thing with music, when it hits, you feel no pain."