‹ Prequel: Eyes of Light
Sequel: Guiding Lights
Status: Finished. Sequel: Guiding Lights

Light in the Storm

Lonnie Stewart, a sixteen year old sophomore at Clarence High, is taking her new world one step at a time--with a smile. With her witch powers, her human friends, and a werewolf soul mate, things seem to be normal--her definition, at least.

After defeating the Black Magic, Nick Jonas and Lonnie Stewart decide to take their new love up a notch. But Nick's old stubbornness and their new-found duties seem to get in the way. With Lonnie and Nick both growing up, they realize that maybe they can take their relationship more seriously. There's just one problem: the Black Storm.

Lucas Plaster is back and stronger, ready to destroy both Nick and Lonnie with his darker magic, and wipe out the world, creating one under his dictation. The two find themselves in an even bigger mess, wishing to save their loved ones and ultimately the world before the storm brews in.

Through a series of events, Nick and Lonnie find that growing up is harder than they thought and managing their ruling titles is even harder. With the strength of their love being tested, they wonder if it can conquer all a second time, and be enough to get them through the storm.
  1. One; Growing Up
    Maybe I was too happy for my own good, but I loved it. I loved us.
  2. Two; Again
    “Huh? Excuse me? I didn’t quite catch that Mr. Jonas,” I smirked, poking his side.
  3. Three; Offer
    “I suppose he could… stay here,” he muttered, pushing his glasses back up.
  4. Four; Strange
    “Lonnie, what’s wrong?” he asked again,
  5. Five; Meeting
    “That’s true, but this involves you two very much.”
  6. Six; Growth
    “What’s on your mind beautiful?” he whispered.
  7. Seven; Want
    “You can’t do that. You can’t leave me.”
  8. Eight; Thoughts
    “Do you really want to sit down and explain to my dad what we were doing?”
  9. Nine;Discovery
    “You’re beautiful and I’m just lucky.”
  10. Ten; Sneaky
    "You can't just walk in the front door!” he chuckled, his laugh like music to me.
  11. Eleven; Truths
    “I suppose I have some explaining to do, huh?” he sighed...
  12. Twelve; Amusement
    “More like watching us,” I whispered...
  13. Thirteen; Forward
    “Don’t touch her,” he snapped, his body suddenly next to mine.
  14. Fourteen; Plots
    “Because he’s a sadistic creep,” a husky voice murmured.
  15. Fifteen; Believe
    “We’re not done Nick,”
  16. Sixteen; Relief
    “I don’t know how I made it so long without you.”
  17. Seventeen; Test
    “You make me better… just by being you.”
  18. Eighteen; Figured Out
    And then it clicked. That was all I need. No matter where Nick was, no matter what was happening, us was what I needed.
  19. Nineteen; Everything
    I had so many thoughts but none of them mattered unless I had answers, and the only thing I didn’t need to question, or to have an answer to, was Nick’s love for me, was my love for him.
  20. Twenty; Missing
    “I want to look for him…”
  21. Twenty-One; Searching
    “You make him happy, Lonnie,” Ryan said softly.
  22. Twenty-Two; Decisions and Hope
    “I’d rather die than live without you, so either way you’re screwed!”
  23. Twenty-Three; Ready, Set
    “Maybe who I am isn’t strong enough. Anyone ever thought of that?”
  24. Twenty-Four; All done
    “Nick, hold on, okay? Hold on for me.”
  25. Twenty-Five; Just the Beginning
    "I promise you," he breathed with sincerity in his eyes, "that I will always be here or you."