Status: Finished!

The Remains Of My Wasted Youth.

"I won't do it." The boy was very positive about his answer.

"But I love you! I love you!" pleaded the other boy, hot tears rolling down his pretty, perfect face. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you!"

The first boy's tone gentled. "I already found the person I want to spend forever with. But you can always be my friend. You're always going to be my friend."

White hot rage washed over the other boy. "Thats not good enough! It's not fair! He always had everything. But this time .. this time he won't! When I'm done, you won't even want him. No one will."

The first boy suddenly got scared. He was about to leave, when suddenly the door opened, and there he was. His golden boy.

He was about to rush towards him when all of a sudden there was an awful noise, followed by deafening screams ... and blackness.


Alex Gaskarth and Zack Merrick knew each other since they were knee high and in diapers. Romping around with Zack's older brother Kevin since they were old enough to walk, all three boys had it going on. Until that night. The night of a horrifying accident, caused by the hand of fate, the hand of jealousy, the hand of Hell herself. The night that left one boy dead, one boy scarred, and one boy with no recollection of his own name.

Now, two years later, the same hand throws both boys back together in time for their senior year. Except ... nothing could ever be the same again.

Zack is miserable, hiding away from anyone and anything that comes near him. His parents are bent on justice, not satisfied that their older son's death was simply an accident. His family isn't a family anymore. It's a crime scene investigation. The last two years have taken a toll on him.

Alex, on the other hand, has been living a privileged, sheltered life for the last two years. Until fate intervenes and he moves back to Baltimore to escape. Until then, he never thought twice of the life he couldn't remember ... the life Zack wanted so hard to forget.

Back in touch with everything familiar, Alex slowly starts to remember the first sixteen years of his life. Little things, nothing big. But Zack knows one day, he'll remember everything. He'll remember Zack. He'll remember that night.

Alex is instantly attracted to Zack. Zack decides to use this attraction to his advantage. To get what he want.

But what did he want? A chance to relive the past? Or a chance to give the future a happy ending?
  1. One: These places and these faces are getting old, I’m going home.
    TC: Home - Daughtry
  2. Two: I wish it wasn't true.
    TC: Trip - Hedley
  3. Three: Sentence me to another life.
    TC: Ignorance - Paramore
  4. Four: A handful of moments I wished I could change.
    TC: Therapy - All Time Low
  5. Five: It's the hardest thing to say in the world.
    TC: I'm Sorry - The Maine
  6. Six: I need my sanity.
    Tc: A Shot Across The Bow - Mayday Parade
  7. Seven: Can't wake up and sweat cause it ain't over yet.
    TC: Nightmare - Avenged Sevenfold
  8. Eight: Just crash, fall down, I'll wrap my arms around you now.
    TC: Crash - You Me At Six
  9. Nine: That's what you get when you let your heart win.
    TC: That's What You Get - Paramore
  10. Ten: I don't care what they say about us.
    TC: About Us - Neverest
  11. Eleven: They say before you start a war, you better know what you're fighting for.
    TC: Angel With A Shotgun - The Cab
  12. Twelve: We're only human.
    TC: I'm Sorry - The Maine
  13. Thirteen: When you tell me I'm a wreck, you say that I'm a mess.
    TC: Tell Me I'm A Wreck - Every Avenue
  14. 14: There's so much I haven't given yet.
    TC: Second Chance - Faber Drive
  15. 15: Nothing else hurts like you do.
    TC: Just A Fool - Christina Aguilera
  16. 16: I found out finding out isn't the worst part.
    TC: Both Sides Of The Story - WATIC
  17. 17: Someone help me cause the memory convinced itself to tear me apart
    TC: The Memory - Mayday Parade
  18. 18: And that’s when they fell in love, not at first, but when push really came to shove.
    TC: Picture Perfect - Man Overboard
  19. 19: I'm getting better but it's in small steps.
    TC: I Was Scared And I'm Sorry - The Wonder Years
  20. Twenty: I finally found my way to you.
    TC: I Finally Found My Way To You - Kiss