Are You Locked Up in a World That's Been Planned Out for You?

Image
According to canon, Horatio Caine was a homicide detective in New York City before transferring to the Bomb Squad in Miami sometime around 1995. As we all know, the originai Law & Order is based in New York City. This is my take on what would happen if Horatio Caine was a homicide detective, working amongst the season four and eventually season five characters in the fictional 27th precinct. Also throw in Horatio's dramatic eighteen year old daughter, drama and romance will ensue.

All CSI Miami characters (Horatio Caine, Raymond Caine, Yelina Salas, Eric Delko and anymore that may appear) are owned by CBS Television Studios, created by Anthony E. Zuiker, Carol Mendelsohn & Ann Donahue.

All Law & Order characters (Lennie Briscoe, Mike Logan, Anita Van Buren, Ben Stone, Jack McCoy, Claire Kincaid, Adam Schiff and anymore that may be mentioned) are owned by NBC written by Dick Wolf.

I only own Emma Lee Caine, Jessica Rose Briscoe and any original characters that may come into action.

Lastly, I'd like to clear up ages. In the canon, Mike Logan was born in 1958, Horatio Caine was born in 1960 and Lennie Briscoe was born in 1940. In 1994 that would make Mike 36, Horatio 34 and Lennie 54.

However in my stories I'll be changing the ages, for reasons that will become clear later. Lennie will still be 54. However Mike Logan will be a little younger, he'll be 32 in the story making his birth year 1962. Horatio will be older and not younger than Mike (having a teenage daughter and all) and will be 37, making his birth year 1957. I usually hate it when people change key things from the canon such as this, but it had to be done to make the story work. You'll find out more as the story goes along on why I did this.

Emma Caine's (the main character) age will be 18, making her birth year 1976. Her best friend Jessica is also the same age.

Hopefully that clears a lot up. A lot more will be cleared up as the story goes along obviously, and other key character's ages will be made apparent in the story itself.

Title Credit - She - Green Day