Status: Unfinished and won't be updated.

Time After Time

"I think it was the best thing that ever happened to me; to be able to sing and share it with a lot of people in the world. I don't know what to do after I lost the best thing that ever happened in my life... but then again, I don't think a lot of people do."

After the latest Young Guns’ world tour, the British alternative rock band was hit by the worst news since they started their career; their lead vocalist Gustav Wood was diagnosed with severe throat and vocal folds problem. He had to stop singing, straining his vocal folds in the process, if he still wanted to talk like normal people. Being the leader and one of the hardest worker people in the band with no solution to his current and probably permanent problem, the half-English, half-Norwegian man left England to leave his past behind. He tried to start a new life in New South Wales, Australia by renting a place next to a house belonged to Rose Lette, a 23 years old girl with almost no knowledge of rock music world and mournful past. What could happen to these strange pair once their paths decided to cross?

***

Author's Note: I don't own any of Young Guns members written in this fan fiction. The only things I own are my characters, who are basically everyone except Young Guns and other band members. The depiction of Young Guns might not be totally accurate but I'm trying my best. I have great respect for all the persons I borrow for this story and if you are one of them and someday you find this, I hope you think it's alright. This is my first fan fiction. Ever. I am completely aware that this is not my best writing and I didn't put one hundred percent effort in writing this fan fiction since I am focusing more on the plot. Basically, I'd rather get my point across than having pretty sentences. The title is taken from Cyndi Lauper's "Time After Time". Will there be any connection between that song and this story? Well, yes, of course. This is a one long fan fiction based on "Time After Time" song. There will be inconsistent flow of word count for each chapter before chapter eleventh, where I eventually wrote about 1300 to 2500 words per chapter.
  1. Prologue
    “But as long as something is never even started, you never have to worry about it ending. It has endless potential.” (Sarah Dessen)
  2. First
    "When all's said and done, all roads lead to the same end. So it's not so much which road you take, as how you take it." (Charles de Lint)
  3. Second
    “That's the whole point of life, you know? To meet new people.” (Sherman Alexie)
  4. Third
    “People don’t like to think, if one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.” (Helen Keller)
  5. Fourth
    "A little rain will fill/ The lily's cup which hardly moists the field." (Edwin Arnold)
  6. Fifth
    "Honesty is such a lonely word. Everyone is so untrue. Honesty is hardly ever heard. And mostly what I need from you." (Billy Joel)
  7. Sixth
    "Sometimes the most important thing you can say is just, 'Are you ok?'" (iwrotethisforyou.me)
  8. Seventh
    “Was it you or I who stumbled first? It does not matter. The one of us who finds the strength to get up first, must help the other.” (Vera Nazarian)
  9. Eighth
    "Yes I will come for you. Roll my strength into a ball for you. Throw myself across chance for you. I will be the bridge or the pulley because you are the dream." (Jeanette Winterson)
  10. Ninth
    "You cannot save people, you can only love them." (Anaïs Nin)
  11. Tenth
    "Love each other dearly always. There is scarcely anything else in the world but that: to love one another." (Victor Hugo)
  12. Eleventh
    "Every journey conceals another journey within its lines: the path not taken and the forgotten angle." (Jeanette Winterson)
  13. Twelfth
    “What better way to discover the unknown than to follow your instincts instead of your plans.” (Rolf Potts)
  14. Thirteenth
    “The tragedy of life is not death but what dies inside us while we live.” (Norman Cousins)
  15. Fourteenth
    “Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.” (Marianne Williamson)
  16. Fifteenth
    “We find our power in the same place as our pain.” (Aaron Shepard)
  17. Sixteenth
    “There’s nothing more dangerous in life than dreams come true.” (Michael Ende)
  18. Seventeenth
    "You are what you love, not what loves you." (Donald Kaufman)
  19. Eighteenth
    “Mistakes are part of the dues one pays for a full life.” (Sophia Loren)
  20. Nineteenth
    "The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness." (Francis Maitland Balfour)
  21. Twentieth
    "We must not say every mistake is a foolish one." (Cicero)
  22. Twenty First
    "There is a certain indolence in us, a wish not to be disturbed, which tempts us to think that when things are quiet, all is well." (A. J. Muste)
  23. Twenty Second
    "Never regret something you've done, even if it was wrong, it still can be a great piece of memory that someday made you smile, or made you cry." (Feras Yaghmour)
  24. Twenty Third
    "On life's unresting sea, Men meet, and greet, and sever, Parting eternally." (Edwin Arnold)
  25. Twenty Fourth
    "And these are joys, like beauty, but skin deep." (Philip James Bailey)
  26. Twenty Fifth
    “The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it's all that matters.” (Audrey Hepburn)
  27. Twenty Sixth
    "Life is nothing if you're not obsessed." (John Waters)
  28. Twenty Seventh
    “In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” (Robert Frost)
  29. Twenty Eighth
    "Every individual matters. Every individual has a role to play. Every individual makes a difference." (Jane Godall)
  30. Twenty Ninth
    "He wants the minute secret reflection between them, the depth of field minimal, their foreignness intimate like two pages of a closed book." (Michael Oondatje)
  31. Thirtieth
    "At every new torment which is too hard to bear we feel yet another vein protrude, to unroll its sinuous and deadly length along our temples or beneath our eyes." (Marcel Proust)
  32. Thirty First
    "And you said, gravity is very compelling." (Sarah Ruhl)
  33. Thirty Second
    “Now is life very solid or very shifting? I am haunted by the two contradictions. This has gone on for ever; will last for ever; goes down to the bottom of the world—this moment I stand on.” (Virginia Woolf)
  34. Thirty Third
    “Tonight I stitch. The breeze off the bay smells of aria. It is almost the season for cloaks.” (Samiya Bashir)
  35. Thirty Fourth
    "It is necessary to have wished for death, in order to know how good life is to live." (Edmund Dantes)
  36. Thirty Fifth
    "Life is not a goal; it is also an instrument, like death, like beauty, like virtue, like knowledge. Whose instrument? Of that God who fights for freedom. We are all one, we are all an imperiled essence." (Nikos Kazantzakis)
  37. Thirty Sixth
    "You've got a fast car/ I want a a ticket to anywhere/ Maybe we make a deal/ Maybe together we can get somewhere." (Tracy Chapman)
  38. Thirty Seventh
    “A single person is missing for you, and the whole world is empty.” (Joan Didion)
  39. Thirty Eighth
    "But see, love isn’t talking someone down from the ledge; it’s being willing to climb up there with them." (writingsforwinter)
  40. Thirty Ninth
    ❝And so I step up, into the darkness within; or else the light.❞ (Margaret Atwood)
  41. Fourtieth
    "Hope is a waking dream." (Aristotle)
  42. Fourty First
    "Here is my secret. It is very simple: one sees well only with the heart. The essential is invisible to the eyes." (Antoine de Saint Exupéry)
  43. Fourty Second
    "Our imagination flies - we are its shadow on the earth." (Vladimir Nabokov)
  44. Fourty Third
    "Tell me our story: are we impetuous, are we kind to each other, do we surrender to what the mind cannot think past?" (Stacie Cassarino)
  45. Fourty Fourth
    "What good is living a life you've been given if all you do is stand in one place?" (Lord Huron)
  46. Forty Fifth
    "She calls my name as shelter, not realizing I am the storm." (Anonymous)
  47. Forty Sixth
    "But when we sit together, close, we melt into each other with phrases. We are edged with mist. We make an unsubstantial territory." (Virginia Woolf)
  48. Forty Seventh
    "I love you in a language that I don’t fully understand. In words that I haven’t found enough courage to forklift out of my chest." (Rudy Francisco)
  49. Forty Eighth
    "Perhaps most of all, though, you deserve to be okay." (Chelsea Fagan)
  50. Forty Ninth
    "It’s okay to fear, it’s not okay to live in it." (Rakishi)
  51. Fiftieth
    "I have learned and dismantled all the words in order to draw from them a single word: Home." (Mahmoud Darwish)
  52. Fifty First
    "We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us." (Joseph Campbell)
  53. The End of This Journey
    Last Update of "Time After Time"