Fic Live Blog: Heartbreaker

Another live blog!

So what's a live blog, you ask?
I'm doing live blogs of fics because there have been a lot of amazing ones I've read. So I'm gonna be posting my reactions as I read them because I think it'll be fun, it gives me an excuse to read these fics again and I'm also showing you that you should check out these fics as well because they're just so beautiful.

My other live blogs
Seasons
The Rushing of the Water
Pressing Flowers
Come and Go
Sincerely Lovesick
Tides [Pt. 1]
Tides [Pt. 2]
Tides [Pt. 3]
The Band Shippers Vigilante Coalition
Daydream
From States Away
Starry Skyline
Try to Take Us Down
Sunday
Oh
Just Hold Me

I'm gonna be live blogging Heartbreaker, another amazing work written by the lovely Rianne. Gotta say, this is my favorite fic on Mibba right now and I can't wait for her to update it. It's about a guy named Tristan who meets this mysterious and interesting girl named Marina. Though Rianne hasn't updated in a while, these three chapters already pull you in and are amazing. I just can't get enough of her work. I'm such a fangirl.
HEARTBREAKER: CHAPTER 1

- Funny how I'm reading a fic called Heartbreaker on Valentine's Day ohohohohoh, the irony.

- Ah, so the first character to speak in this story is Ariel.

- Do NOT get me started on Ariel.

- Basically, she's the kind of girl that deserves a high five.

- A high five on her face.

- You know, when I was born, my parents took a long time to name me. I was nameless for a week because they were trying to think of a name that went with our family's "A" names thing.

- Guess what my mom was thinking of naming me.

- You guessed it: Ariel.

- Imagine that. Hahahahaha. Good thing my sister and dad thought of naming me Aliya.

- I like the word used to describe Luke's eyes. Iridescent. He already sounds attractive all because of that one word. Lemme lose myself in yo eyes, Luke.

- YAAAAAAS. MARINA'S ARRIVED. STEP ASIDE, BITCHES.

- Psh, we all know that in Tristan's eyes, when she took off her helmet, it was all in slow motion.

- A headcanon I have about Marina: she listens to Mazzy Star. Just seems like the kind of music she'd listen to while ridin' on her motorcycle while the sun sets and stuff.

- I looove the fact that she's wearing purple lipstick. Most stories always like to describe a girl with red lips, but in here Rianne decided NOPE. Because Marina ain't the kind of girl to go with red. She about that purple life. And I say it suits her.

- Do you think she has a booty.

- She probably does.

- I'm not familiar with bikes, but c'mon, the kind of bike she owns has the word "ninja" in it. So duh, obviously it's a badass ride.

- I looked it up. It is badass.

- Goddamit, Ariel. Can't you see Tristan's trying to get with this girl. WHY MUST YOU BLOCK HIS COCK.

- It's okay, Tristan. I end most of my sentences in "yeah", too. I'm pretty sure we've all done that at some point in our lives.

- Dayum, everything about her is all badass. Even her name. MARINA. SIMMONS. LIKE. THAT NAME IS BADASS.

- ARIEL, YOU'RE JUST JEALOUS THAT YOU AIN'T THAT BITCH ON THAT BLACK BIKE.

- YOU'RE JUST THE ONE WHO BLOCKS TRISTAN'S COCK.

- My cousins love to play beer pong. I suck at it.

- LIKE I CAN BE RIGHT IN FRONT OF A CUP AND I WOULD STILL MISS. LIKE DAMMIT. WHY. I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

- Awww, he's thinking of what could've been. DON'T WORRY TRISTAN, THAT'S NOT THE LAST TIME YOU'LL SEE HER.

- But most of all, those daydreams could possibly provoke the cosmic forces of the universe to bring us together again.

- I love that line. It's beautifully written and I like how instead of saying "Maybe fate will bring us together and stuff". No, instead it's the cosmic forces of the universe. Ugh, so beautiful.

HEARTBREAKER: CHAPTER 2

- WOOT. CHAPTER 2.

- "No need to be a jerk." No, Ariel you're the jerk.

- But really, tho. Kudos to Rianne for making an unlikable character. You know you're a great writer if you've managed to create a character that gets this reaction.

- Mr. Brooks is probably one of those teachers that lick their fingers to separate the papers before passing them out. I hate those kinds of teachers.

- FREAKIN' ARIEL.

- MORGAN FREEMAN. SORRY, I JUST PICTURED MORGAN FREEMAN BEING ON THE OTHER END AND I JUST. CAN'T. HELP. BUT. LAUGH.

- She probably had sex in Tristan's car.

- She totally did.

- GETTIN' REAL TIRED OF YOUR SHIT, ARIEL.

- REAL TIRED.

- AND THEN SHE EXPECTS HIM TO PAY FOR THAT TICKET.

- AND SHE BE HANGING UP ALL HELLA FAST. OH. HELL. NO.

- Hey, instant ramen isn't that bad. But then again, I'd get sick of it if that was the only thing I had to eat.

- I'm with you, Garrett. We both don't like Ariel, so that means we should both be best friends.

- She took one look at him and asked if he was as douchey as he looked. Seriously, who says that when you're introduced to someone.

- This is why we can't have nice things, Ariel.

- Annd Marina's back! Crash into hello because the cosmic forces of the universe have spoken. Praise the lorrrrrd.

- AHHH THEY'RE GOING OUT TO TOWN.

HEARTBREAKER: CHAPTER 3

- YAYAYAYAY. A chapter that's alll about Tristan and Marina.

- Ahahaha, clammy hands. I don't know how Marina could handle that. Clammy hands are so gross.

- I'd be all, "How about no. Tristan can you not."

- But she doesn't mind because she likes him and all that matters is that they're holding hands and excuse me while I squeee.

- Ooooh, she said the "D" word. And Tristan's just trying to speak up but he can't because he's just so enamored of her. Just stop being so cute.

- Psh, don't lie, Marina. You're not kidding. We know you want the D.

- And by D, I mean date. Duh.

- Japanese. Good choice. I would've picked that, too. And since she mentioned dessert, all I could picture is mochi ice cream and now I really want some because I haven't had any in a while.

- Now I just want ice cream.

- “Nobody really sticks around; people are just unreliable like that.” I'LL BE YOUR FRIEND, MARINA. I CAN STICK AROUND FOREVER IF YOU'D LIKE.

- “I prefer the term ‘realist.’ Plus, you kind of have to be one in the world we live in, babe. Otherwise you get fucked over.” She says the best things like omg.

- That's another thing I like about Marina. She's trying to make her life better and that shows how strong she is. She's not letting the struggles she's dealt with take over and that's what makes her pretty awesome.

- No wonder Tristan's so in love with her.

- I think I'm in love with her, too.

- “You’re one of the only people I’ve told my whole story to.”

- SHE TRUSTS YOU, TRISTAN. SHE OPENED UP TO YOU BECAUSE SHE REALLY LIKES YOU AND WHO CARES IF THAT'S SOME NEW AGE-Y BULLSHIT SHE TRUSTS YOU GODDAMMIT.

- She asked him to come over to his place. She hella wants the D.

- BATTLE OF THE BANDS. THIS SOUNDS LIKE A LOT OF STUFF IS GONNA GO DOWN.

I just love this story okay. I can't wait for Rianne to update it because I really wanna see what will happen at the Battle of the Bands event. Already, you feel the connection they have and I could tell they're going to have an interesting relationship. AHHH I CAN'T WAIT.

So yeah, that's another live blog. Next one is The Rushing of the Water by the lovely sheepcat; (aka Jacqui)

WAIT. IT'S THAT FIC. THE ONE THAT TORE MY HEART APART. NOT ONLY DO I NEED TISSUES FOR THIS NEXT ONE. I ALSO NEED BANDAGES. AND A DOCTOR.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this live blog.

Deuces.
February 15th, 2014 at 09:56am