Fic Live Blog: Oh

What am I doing. Not writing my one-shot if that’s what you’re thinking.

Aliya’s procrastinating because hearing Jacqui’s cover of “Oh, Calamity!” and listening to the song today reminded me that I still haven’t done the live blog I was supposed to do.

So what's a live blog, you ask?
I'm doing live blogs of fics because there have been a lot of amazing ones I've read. So I'm gonna be posting my reactions as I read them because I think it'll be fun, it gives me an excuse to read these fics again and I'm also showing you that you should check out these fics as well because they're just so beautiful.

My other live blogs
Seasons
Heartbreaker
The Rushing of the Water
Pressing Flowers
Come and Go
Sincerely Lovesick
Tides [Pt. 1]
Tides [Pt. 2]
Tides [Pt. 3]
The Band Shippers Vigilante Coalition
Daydream
From States Away
Starry Skyline
Try to Take Us Down
Sunday
Just Hold Me

So as I stated in my last live blog, I was going to live blog all of Jacqui’s Daydream trilogy (aka the Tequila Shots trilogy). I’ve already done Daydream and Sunday and am now going to do Oh, which is the last one of the series. It concludes what happens to Alex and Jenna after the extremely hurtful events that happened in the last fic. I was so scarecited for this. So very scarecited and it ended up being amazing so a live blog to show you all the amazingness.

BRING ON THE FEELS.
OH: CHAPTER 1

- If you haven’t guessed it already, Oh was inspired by “Oh, Calamity!”

- And when Jacqui told us that, I looked up the lyrics since it had been a while since I heard that song and the lyrics. THE LYRICS. After reading the lyrics and refreshing my memory, I was like, “shit this is going to hurt i am so scared where is the advil to at least give me some kind of relief’”.

- Just reading the summary is killing me. nbd.

- Also, since this is the last of the trilogy, I feel it would be fitting to listen to all three of those songs while reading it.

- Oh god.

- THE EMOTIONS I EXPERIENCE FROM THESE SONGS.

- IT JUST GOES FROM SAD TO SADDER TO SADDEST.

- LIKE A DAYDREAM AWAY AT FIRST SEEMS SWEET, BUT THEN IT’S BITTERSWEET AND THAT MAKES ME KINDA SAD.

- BUT THEN REMEMBERING SUNDAY STABS ME IN THE STOMACH BECAUSE IT’S FULL ON SAD AND I DON’T KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THESE TEARS.

- AND THEN OH, CALAMITY! IS LIKE THE SAD ALREADY HAPPENED BUT APPARENTLY THAT’S NOT ENOUGH SO I’M HIT WITH MORE EMOTIONS TO RIP ME APART.

- OUCH. WHY. WHAT. HOW.

- WHAT HAVE I DONE. WHY DID I SUGGEST THIS. HOW AM I GOING TO KEEP MY COOL FOR THIS LIVE BLOG.

- The answer is I can’t. I cannot keep my cool.

- HURTING SO BAD AND I’M STILL LISTENING TO A DAYDREAM AWAY.

- Alright enough of me being kicked in the ass by music. Time to get to the fic.

- Where we last left off was when Alex found out Jenna left.

- SO HE’S JUST SILENTLY FALLING APART BECAUSE THE WOMAN OF HIS DREAMS LEFT HIM. SHE WENT ON A PLANE. AND SHE HATES PLANES.

- DID I MENTION THAT HER LAST WORDS TO HIM WERE “SCREW YOU, ALEX”.

- Anyways, Alex is now reminiscing the day she first told him about her fear of planes.

- It was raining that day.

- Raining like when she left him.

- Because rain punches me in the face and causes me to cry because emotions and then my tears create more rain.

- Basically a sign that it’s not really happy-go-lucky.

- Then again, it’s only a small drizzle in this flashback so I should stop freaking out.

- Aww, and they’re telling each other everything that day. Favorite colors, dream jobs, secrets that aren’t secrets anymore, coffee.

- For her coffee, she takes two sugars and milk, but when she’s in a bad mood she doesn’t take the sugar.

- Hehehehehe get it.

- She doesn’t take the sugar because she’s in a bad mood and we all know ain’t nobody sweet when they’re in a bad mood so she doesn’t take the sweet.

- Was that intentional, Jacqui. Or was I looking into that too much.

- “My dad was in a plane crash. He almost died.”

- ....at least she got to the point.

- Can’t blame her for hating planes.

- And poor Alex is afraid of performing. I feel it, man. I get stage fright and it just sucks because my voice gets all shaky and then I sound awful.

- He’s wondering how she’s doing. Is she still in the sky or is she finally home? Who knows?

- All we know is that Alex needs all the hugs.

- Keep your feet on the ground when your head’s in the clouds, Jenna.

- What, you didn’t think I’d make a reference?

- By the way, “Remembering Sunday” is playing.

- My eyes are sweating, I swear.

- Sometimes I forgot your country of origin. Your accent had blended nicely, leaving only a few inflections in your speech to give credit. Not that I ever noticed – your voice was as relaxing and well known to me as my own, except I never bored of it.

- Can we please just take a moment to once again swoon over Alex’s loveliness. HE NEVER GOT BORED OF HER VOICE AND DIDN’T CARE ABOUT HER ACCENT BECAUSE ALL THAT MATTERED WAS HOW SOOTHING IT WAS TO HIM. JUST. UGH.

- Alex Gaskarth: Setting the bar high for guys all around. Even higher than Wes. Sorry Wes.

- You wanna know how the plane went down.

- Jacqui wrote this story and the story magically formed into a missile and it shot down the plane.

- I am the plane.

- Now the question is...did I get saved as well.

- I don’t really have the answer. Where was I even going with this.

- Oh, now I remember. Long story short: Jacqui kills me with her stories.

- WHAT’S THIS. He actually gets something from her. It’s just a text, but hey, she gave him something.

- She’s back in Australia.

- They are apart. Too far apart.

- AN OCEAN IN BETWEEN.

- DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS DOING TO ME. I JUST WANT YOU TWO TO BE HAPPY BUT YOU GUYS AND THE FUCKING OCEAN WON’T LET THAT HAPPEN HUH.

- *sings* WHAT KEEPS YOU SO FAR AWAY.

- Because this ocean is making us swim in silence.

- And I will drown until you care.

- BUT DOES ANYONE NOTICE. DOES ANYONE CAAARE.

- I didn’t mean to do two references in a row. I’m sorry.

- And Alex just wants her back with him. He wants her to be safe with him and he’s just hating him so much because he knows how much he hurt her and just come here you babies because you both need to stop hurting each other this is too much somebody save them from their misery.

- CAN I SAVE YOU FROM YOUR MISERY. JUST TAKE THE MISERY AND CRUMPLE IT INTO A BALL AND THROW IT IN THE OCEAN THAT THREATENED TO SEPARATE YOU TWO.

- Would they even let me. *cries*

- FINE. YOU CAN KEEP ALL YOUR MISERY.

- I’m a horrible person. Just slap me.

- Just like it did yesterday, almost five years after your departure.

- .........................................

- .......five.

- five years.

- f i v e.

- it’s been five years.

- Five years since she left.

- F I V E. Y E A R S.

- SHE. WAS. GONE. FOR. FIVE. YEARS.

- I REPEAT. FIVE. YEARS.

- FIVE YEARS SINCE SHE UP AND LEFT HIM.

- THAT IS 60 MONTHS. 260 WEEKS. 1,826 DAYS.

- THREE CHEERS FOR FIVE YEARS, I GUESS.

- JUST. POOR ALEX. EVEN FIVE YEARS LATER HE’S STILL THINKING ABOUT HER AND JUST WANTS HER BACK. LIKE HE WOULD WALK ON WATER TO GET TO HER IF HE COULD BUT HE’S NOT JESUS.

- Ugh, he’s so broken over her leaving. He’s slowly losing it. He’s a wreck.

- MY POOR BABY. MOMMA ALIYA WILL MAKE THINGS BETTER.

- IT’S SUCH A SHAME THAT WE’VE BUILT A WRECK OUT OF ME.

- ALEX IS A WRECK. I AM A BIGGER WRECK. LIKE THE TITANIC AIN’T GOT NOTHING ON ME.

- A WRECK, I TELL YA.

- GOOD THING WE HAVE ICE CREAM THIS TIME.

- I know Alex is a person that hella attracts the hurt, but damn it still hurts when my poor baby goes through this emotional pain.

- Even when I do it myself. I am sorry, Alex.

- And guess what the weather is when he receives a letter from Jenna.

- IT’S RAINING.

- BUT THEN AGAIN, IT’S NOT REALLY A BAD THING HAPPENING AT THE MOMENT.

- HE GETS A MESSAGE. AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE.

- I’m home.

- SCREAMING. HYPERVENTILATING. GASPING. GETTING QUESTIONABLE LOOKS FROM MY FAMILY.

- SHE’S HOME.

- SHE’S HERE, ALEX. SHE’S HERE AND SHE WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW.
- DON’T JUST STAND THERE. GO TO HER.

- GO TO DAYDREAM GIRL.

- SHE’S NOT A DAYDREAM AWAY. THERE IS NO OCEAN IN BETWEEN.

- SHE IS HERE. GO GO GO BEFORE I YANK YOU BY THE EAR AND BRING YOU OVER TO HER.

OH: CHAPTER 2

- Damn straight you are running because shit, it has been FIVE YEARS.

- He doesn’t even hesitate. He just straight up runs to her place because he has been waiting for her to come back and the DAY HAS FINALLY COME.

- RUN, LEXY. RUUUUUUUNNNNNN.

- Omg and then he stops running because he’s like “hell nahh i ain’t gonna look grimey in front of daydream girl after five years of separation. i needa look good for the boo thang.”

- Shh it’s okay Alex. She’s not gonna be unrecognizable. Get it together.

- DON’T PANIC.

- SHE’S NOT ANSWERING. WHAT.

- HOW DO YOU SAY YOU’RE HOME AND THEN WHEN ALEX GOES TO YOUR HOME, YOU’RE NOT HOME AND I AM SAYING HOME WAY TOO MUCH IN THIS SENTENCE.

- I knocked on the door and received no answer. I pulled the letter out of my pocket to check that it had been you that had contacted. I hadn’t dreamt it up in a fit of longing. But I held the proof, solid proof, in my hands that you had thought about me enough to care – enough to tell me that you were back. Those two mailed words were as real as day, unlike the times when I woke tossing and turning with echoes of you kissing my brain, making me believe that you were a few blocks away. I would call you, only to hear the all too familiar series of beeps and the automated female voice say, “I’m sorry, the number you have called is no longer in service.”

- And then he has like a little panic attack because he’s wondering if it was really her that had sent him that letter and he makes sure because it just seems so unbelievable.

- BUT HE DOES HAVE THE PROOF. HE HAS THE LETTER. IT IS REAL. THIS IS REAL.

- And he’s so happy it’s real because finally she’s there. Unlike all those times he couldn’t sleep because all he could picture was her giving him kisses and thinking she was still nearby and all those times he tried calling but got no answer.

- HUGGING YOU SO TIGHTLY BECAUSE YOU POOR THING.

- WHY DID YOU LEAVE, JENNA. HE WANTS TO UNDERSTAND.

- Then he decides to go to town and that’s when he sees someone on the corner.

- WHO IS THAT ON THE CORNER.

- NO IT IS NOT A PROSTITUTE. IT IS JENNA.

- If I catch you on the corner...

- And she’s just as he remembered her. He then thinks of calling out her name, but then he starts freaking out again because he’s worried that she wouldn’t remember him. That she won’t recognize him since it’s been so long.

- Will you even know it's me? Will I look familiar to you?

- Then he finally calls out her name and omg do you think his voice cracked. I imagine his voice kind of cracking, but that’s just me.

- “Do I know you?”

- THIS IS WHERE I GOT SO SCARED BECAUSE SHIT SHIT SHIT. DOES SHE REMEMBER HIM. YES, YOU KNOW HIM JENNA. HE’S YOUR BEST FRIEND. THE BOY WHO LOVED YOU SO MUCH AND COULDN’T GET OVER YOU FOR FIVE YEARS. PLEASE REMEMBER HIM PLEASE.

- AND THEN HER EYES WIDEN AND YES. SHE DOES REMEMBER HIM AND SAYS HIS NAME AND I AM SCREAMING AGAIN BECAUSE YAY.

- SHE REMEMBERS AND SHE’S SO HAPPY THAT IT’S HIM AND SHE SMILES AND AW FINALLY SOME HAPPY.

- WAIT WHY DID YOU STOP. HUG HIM. HE WOULD’VE LOVED THAT HUG.

- BUT I WILL BE PATIENT SINCE YOU BOTH HAVE BEEN THROUGH SO MUCH.

- Really tho, she was afraid to hug him because she knew how she treated him before she left and she knows that the last time they were together didn’t go well so she doesn’t know what he thinks of her.

- BUT THEN ALEX DON’T CARE AND HUGS HER HIMSELF AND HE INHALES THE SCENT OF HER LUSCIOUS HAIR AND IT’S NOT MIXED BERRIES ANYMORE IT’S ROCKMELON BUT HEY THAT’S NICE TOO.

- Awkward cuties aww, but then it’s kinda like she never left. He asks about her hair and she tells him she’s gonna dye it that lovely green color.

- Then he asks her if she wants to get coffee and she wants to start over. And he agrees because they have grown and are moving forward from all the drama that happened and learning about each other all over again.

- A fresh start. I like it. Shows that they’re going to be better than how they used to be and are finally going to be happy together and excuse me as I cry again but this time tears of happiness because this ending didn’t hurt me and they’re reunited and yess enjoy your coffee because you cuties are finally going to be together.

- I know nothing of the Jenna now, and I’m looking forward to meeting her in her entirety.

- AND THAT’S THE END. THE BEAUTIFULNESS IS OVER.

- UGH SO WONDERFUL AND I LOVED IT AND THIS WHOLE SERIES BURIED ME IN SO MANY EMOTIONS. I CAN’T BELIEVE IT’S OVER THO.

- THEY EARNED THEIR HAPPY ENDING.

- JACQUI, YOU AMAZING GIRL YOU.

- I AM SORRY FOR NOT LEAVING A COMMENT ON THIS. I HOPE THIS LIVE BLOG MADE UP FOR IT.

Wow, that was fun. There you have it, guys. I live blogged the whole Daydream trilogy and it was such a rollercoaster but it was a fun ride. Alright, like I said before if you haven’t read the series yet, I suggest you go and check it out now and leave comments and reccs because Jacqui deserves all of it.

In other news, I have started writing The Dullest Knife. Didn’t really write that much since I’m procrastinating as you can see by this live blog. But I swear, I will work really really to get this done as soon as possible.

Hope you liked this live blog! Now I’m off to go eat and procrastinate for the rest of the night because I don’t know what my life is.

Deuces.
May 29th, 2014 at 06:36am