Fic Live Blog: Tides [Pt. 2]

HERE WE GO AGAIN.

So what's a live blog, you ask?
I'm doing live blogs of fics because there have been a lot of amazing ones I've read. So I'm gonna be posting my reactions as I read them because I think it'll be fun, it gives me an excuse to read these fics again and I'm also showing you that you should check out these fics as well because they're just so beautiful.

My other live blogs
Seasons
Heartbreaker
The Rushing of the Water
Pressing Flowers
Come and Go
Sincerely Lovesick
Tides [Pt. 1]
Tides [Pt. 3]
The Band Shippers Vigilante Coalition
Daydream
From States Away
Starry Skyline
Try to Take Us Down
Sunday
Oh
Just Hold Me

Continuing my live blogging of Tides. The first part explains everything, so let's get to the point and DO THIS SHIT. YEAH ROLLER COASTER OF PAIN. I already did chapters 1-5, so now I'mma do chapters 6-10.
CHAPTER 6: TIDES

- Oh god, it's the part with the fan.

- Just. Ugh. There are two kinds of fans. The sweet ones and the not so sweet ones. We all know what kind of fan is gonna be in this chapter.

- I'd be there to see you, Lee. I'd probably be all wide-eyed and like "HI LEE. HOW'S IT GOING LEE. I LIKE YOUR GUITAR PLAYING LEE. CAN YOU SIGN THIS CD LEE. YOU'RE JUST REALLY AWESOME LEE. OKAY BYE LEE."

- To be honest, I wouldn't swoon. I'd just be all purposefully immature about it. I'd giggle to myself and mutter, "Hehehehe, is that a heart or a butt." BUT I WOULDN'T SAY THIS OUT LOUD OKAY. SOMEONE WILL PROBABLY STILL HEAR ME THO.

- Can you imagine: "Hehehehe, a butt." "What's a butt?" "NOTHING. YOU HEARD NOTHING."

- Okay, back to the story. I need to stop sidetracking.

- Then it happens.

- OH NO. TIME TO GET ANGRY.

- “Did you really break up with Hannah for... Him?”

- UM EXCUSE ME MISS I BELIEVE HE HAS A NAME AND IT'S BEAUTIFUL GINGER LEE. AND YEAH, HE BROKE UP WITH HANNAH FOR LEE BECAUSE LEE HAS ALWAYS BEEN THERE. IT'S ALWAYS BEEN LEE.

- They were good together, but Oli and Lee are perfect together. Yeah, end of story.

- Seriously annoying fangirl like can you not. LEE AND OLI ARE PERFECT. A PERFECT PAIR OF PERFECTNESS THAT'S PERFECT.

- “What’s he got that Hannah doesn’t have?”

- Red hair. Adorable chubby cheeks. Guitar skills. A PENIS.

- She pretty much set herself up for that.

- “You’re a fan. Not a nice one, at that. And we’re musicians. You can appreciate our music as much as you want to, but you have no fucking right to make inquiries about our private lives, and we have every right to find happiness however we want to. My relationship with Oli doesn’t effect you in any way. Now, please walk away. We need to keep the line moving.”

- LEE BBY YOU'RE TOO AMAZING 'KAY. TELL HER WHO'S BOSS. OR BETTER YET WHO'S A BOSS-ASS BITCH.

- THIS GIRL'S JUST A BITCH.

- Well, at least she isn’t one of the Fransykes girls.

- "WELL AT LEAST IT WASN'T THAT HAYLIVER GIRL. LIKE WHY DOES SHE KEEP MENTIONING THIS HAYLEY CHICK. THE ONLY REDHEAD WE KNOW IS LEE."

- THEIR KISS NEAR THE BUNKS. SQUEE.

- HE IS THE BEST CHOICE. YOU GO OLI.

- OH WAIT THAT'S RIGHT YOU'RE GONNA RUIN IT IN LIKE THREE CHAPTERS.

TIDES: CHAPTER 7

- And this is the part that breaks my heart into a million pieces.

- I know what's coming. I'm not ready for this. I'M NEVER READY.

- Come on, Carol's a momma. Mommas know everything. Psh, take me for instance.

- “News? What is it? Oh, how’s Hannah?”

- SHIT THE DREADED QUESTION. RUN AWAY OLI. QUICK RUN OFF INTO THE SUNSET. THAT'S ALWAYS GONNA BE THE ESCAPE PLAN FROM NOW ON.

- RUN TO THE HORIZON. BRING ME THE HORIZON.

- Wait how the fuck you gonna bring someone a horizon.

- If a boy ever finds a way to bring it to me, then that's a sign that I should marry him.

- And he better know how to sing. So we can sing together.

- Yeah, that's right. He's happier with Lee, Carol. You can thank your younger son for making this happen.

- “Of course not. It’s just a bit of a shock because I never imagined you falling in love with another boy. But your happiness is what’s most important to me, and if you’re happy, I’m happy.”

- *cries* Mommas are the best.

- But then Ian has to gO AND RUIN EVERYTHING. JUST WHY CAN'T YOU BE HAPPY FOR HIM.

- NO IAN YOU WATCH YOUR TONE. YOUR SON HAS CHOSEN SOMEONE HE LOVES AND YOU NEED TO ACCEPT THAT AND IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN YOU HAVE TO DEAL WITH ME. I AM THE HAYLIVER MOMMA AND YA'LL DON'T FUCK WITH ME.

- I AM PROTECTING OLI AND LEE FROM YOU. GET AWAY FROM MY LOVES.

- TOM'S HUGS MAKE EVERYTHING BETTER. WELL KINDA. BUT I JUST WANT A HUG FROM TOM OKAY.

- Oli doesn’t say anything as the familiar, crushing sensation of failure sets in. No matter what he does, his father will never be proud of him.

- OH I'M SORRY I COULDN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF MY HEART SHATTERING.

TIDES: CHAPTER 8

- Now we've reached the chapter that requires me to gRAB A BUNCH OF TISSUES.

- JUST GONNA STAND THERE AND HEAR MY CRY.

- BUT THAT'S ALRIGHT BECAUSE I LOVE THE WAY THESE FEELS MAKE ME DIE.

- Ow and it starts with Oli looking so broken because he's been crying and he's so hurt because he can never make his father proud. IT'S OKAY OLI. MOMMA ALIYA'S HERE FOR YOU.

- BUT more importantly Lee is there for you. Ready to wrap his arms around you and make you feel secure and loved because you two are just so damn beautiful.

- THEY'RE LAYING TOGETHER.

- SO LAY YOUR HEAD ON ME.

- YEAH, LAY YOUR HEAD ON ME.

- THE LAST THIRTY SECONDS OF THE CHURCH CHANNEL BY SAY ANYTHING FITS FOR ANY ROMANTIC MOMENT.

- Tom is very wonderful and Carol is extremely sweet.

- BUT IAN. GETTIN' REAL TIRED OF YOUR SHIT, IAN.

- Oli, the only failure here is your dad because he's failing to see what an amazing son he has. He's stuck in the same place, not realizing that you do all these amazing things. Which is why you have Lee because he sees what kind of person you really are. He loves you for who you are and he's just lovely.

- Just see for yourself:

- “That’s because he doesn’t love you like you deserve to be loved.” Lee gathers Oli into his arms and tugs him into his lap where he can properly cuddle him. Bunk space is small, but this position makes it much easier to give Oli all the snuggles he can stand. The fact that Oli just kind of limply falls against him is fairly alarming, though. “You’re an amazing man. Your music changes lives. Your clothing company is huge. You, yourself, are an artist.”

- LEE MALIA: BOYFRIEND OF THE YEAR.

- “Fuck your dad. Seriously. You can just borrow mine if you want to.”

- BETTER YET, BEST BOYFRIEND FOR ALL OF ETERNITY.

- LEE'S FATHER LOVES OLI BECAUSE LEE'S FATHER IS WONDERFUL AND HAS RAISED A BEAUTIFUL SON. THAT WHOLE FAMILY IS PERF.

- I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you, Oli. I love you.

- WHERE DID ALL MY TISSUES GO. DID I REALLY USE THEM ALL. LIKE SHIT IF I HAD A DOLLAR FOR EVERY TISSUE I USED I'D BE FUCKING RICH.

TIDES: CHAPTER 9

- OH HEY LOOK IT'S THE CHAPTER WHERE OLI JUST DECIDES TO RUIN EVERYTHING.

- BECAUSE GOD FUCKING DAMMIT OLI STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR FATHER.

- Did Ian. Did he just. Drop. The. F. Bomb. On. His. Son. He called him a faggot.

- Really, why would you do that? Do you own son, too. That's just disgusting for him to say that to Oli. Like really, he had the nerve to call up his son to call him that. What the fuck is wrong with you!?

- SHAY YOU HAVE DONE A GOOD JOB OF MAKING IAN A HORRIBLE CHARACTER.

- I APPLAUD YOU AND AT THE SAME TIME I AM ANGRY AT IAN FOR BEING UNACCEPTABLE.

- Ugh, and it just messes Oli up. Like he starts thinking about doing all these things he doesn't even want to do just to have his dad accept him. Like, no, Ian do you see how much you influence your song. He is destroying himself over you and you don't even feel bad about the damage you've caused. JUST. GAHH.

- Oh no. NO NO NO NO NO. DON'T SAY THAT OLI. YOU ARE NOT DOING THIS TO LEE. JUST NO.

- I WON'T ALLOW IT.

- BUT SHAY ALLOWS IT AND I CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT THAT. DAMMIT.

- AND I HAVE A SONG FOR THIS CHAPTER.

- "When It Rains" by Paramore. Just the lyrics fit with the situation. Like, Lee's secretly hurting because he can't believe Oli's saying this and yeah, he's drunk but it still hurts goddammit.

- And no, oh, how could you do it?
Oh I, I never saw it coming.


- JUST. LEE. HOW COULD YOU DO IT, OLI.

- And the part where Oli realizes he hurt the one he loves. He freakin' pushed Lee away and my heart is just breaking.

- Just running away,
From all of the ones who love you,
From everything.
You made yourself a bed
At the bottom of the blackest hole


- THIS SONG IT'S SO HURTFUL.

- There’s a pause in the movement before it commences once again, and Oli wonders if he’s destroyed them beyond repair this time.

- OLI STOP BREAKING EVERYTHING. YOU'RE LIKE ONE OF THOSE LITTLE KIDS THAT WALK INTO THE STORES WITH LOTS OF COLLECTIBLES AND YOU JUST BREAK ALL THOSE NICE THINGS BECAUSE YOU'RE STUPID.

- YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH LEE IS A NICE THING.

- DO NOT BREAK IT.

TIDES: CHAPTER 10

- They didn't talk for six days. Six days. AND THEY ARE ON THE BUS.

- DO YOU SEE HOW BAD THAT IS.

- And here comes Tom to remind everyone that he should've been born first because he is obviously the more mature sibling and knows how to handle things more than his brother WHO LIKES TO RUIN EVERYTHING.

- Really, Ian. REALLY. It was already bad enough that he called Oli a faggot, but to find out that he's been doing it and doing it behind Oli's back pisses me off even more. MOMMA ALIYA AIN'T TAKING THIS SHIT.

- WHERE IS MY GUN.

- Nothing works when your boyfriend confirms all of your worst fears in your face.

- THAT LINE HURTS. YOU KNOW HOW I'M ON AN EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER, WELL I'M ON THE LOOP OF FEELS. THE ENDLESS LOOP OF FEELS.

- OF COURSE TOM'S RIGHT. TOM'S ALWAYS RIGHT.

- Nooo, Lee don't think like that. He's not using you, it's just his stupid dad messing up with his brain. This relationship can work. You can do this.

- How can Tom be so rational, polite, and encouraging while Oli’s come out such a fucking mess?

- BECAUSE CLEARLY TOM SHOULD HAVE BEEN BORN FIRST. TELL ME WHY HE WASN'T BORN FIRST AGAIN.

- Lee keeps putting himself down and I can't handle this because he's so lovely and he needs to stop doing this to himself. WE LOVE YOU, LEE. LEE YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL HUMAN BEING. DON'T EVER FORGET THAT.

- “We need to talk about us.”

- DUN DUN DUUUUNNNN. AND THIS IS THE END OF THE LIVE BLOG. I'M STOPPING THE LIVE BLOG HERE BECAUSE CLIFFHANGERS YEAH.

- Oh god, but these chapters just killed me. That was emotionally exhausting, but beautiful still.

Okay, that's the end of the second part! I'll probably finish the live blog up this weekend or next week. In the meantime, check out Shay's work because she's posted a lot of new stories and is doing a LOT of updating on Saturday. THIS IS SO EXCITING.

Once again, hope you enjoyed reading over my pain.

Deuces.
February 27th, 2014 at 08:37am