Fic Live Blog: Tides [Pt. 3]

Last part. This has been so fun and painful at the same time. Seriously.

So what's a live blog, you ask?
I'm doing live blogs of fics because there have been a lot of amazing ones I've read. So I'm gonna be posting my reactions as I read them because I think it'll be fun, it gives me an excuse to read these fics again and I'm also showing you that you should check out these fics as well because they're just so beautiful.

My other live blogs
Seasons
Heartbreaker
The Rushing of the Water
Pressing Flowers
Come and Go
Sincerely Lovesick
Tides [Pt. 1]
Tides [Pt. 2]
The Band Shippers Vigilante Coalition
Daydream
From States Away
Starry Skyline
Try to Take Us Down
Sunday
Oh
Just Hold Me

We've reached the last part of my live blog for Tides! Oh wow, this was such an emotional rollercoaster, but hey, everyone needs feels in their lives. WELL I HAVE ENOUGH FEELS TO LAST ME A LIFETIME THANKS TO SHAY. THIS IS ALL HER FAULT. BUT THAT'S OKAY. Okay, finishing this up. Covering chapters 11-14.
TIDE: CHAPTER 11

- It's the chapter where you think everyone's gonna be okay, but HEY LOOK OLI DECIDES TO RUIN EVERYTHING IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.

- WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT BREAKING NICE THINGS OLI.

- SERIOUSLY WHO IS WATCHING THIS KID HE KEEPS BREAKING EVERYTHING. OH WAIT I FORGOT HE'S ONE OF THOSE KIDS THAT BREAKS THINGS BECAUSE HIS PARENT IS DOING A SHITTY JOB.

- I'M LOOKING AT YOU, IAN.

- Didn't want to hurt him and then you go and hurt him. Just seriously Oli, can I slap you in the face.

- Sorry is not enough because Lee's given you too many chances and you just keep breaking all these nice things. NOT OKAY.

- "Which doesn’t surprise me. Your dad never liked me. Or you. Or Tom. Or any of us, really.”

- Really I don't get it because like how could you not like them. How could you not like Oli or especially Tom because he's a boss-ass bitch. HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE LEE. I LIKE LEE A LOT. ACTUALLY NO I LOVE LEE WITH ALL MY HEART.

- Sigh. Stop trying to please your dad, Oli. In his eyes, you'll never be good enough for him but really he's not good enough for you guys because you have a wonderful mother and a boss-ass brother and an adorable and sweet boyfriend. You. Do. Not. Need. Your. Stupid. Dad.

- I know what can make you feel warmer. LEE'S HOODIE.

- Seriously. That hoodie's had more action than me.

- I'm gonna die alone. Don't talk to me.

- “I get it. I really do. I saw how much it hurt you when you were seventeen, so I can’t imagine you feel any better about it all these years later. But you can’t keep letting him hold you back. Without him to support you, look at all you’ve done. Even Carol didn’t want you to start Bring Me the Horizon, but you did it anyway. You knew it was what was meant for you. And you were right. Yeah, you fucked up along the way, but we all have. And we all made it to the other side.”

- LEE ARE YOU REALLY REAL. YOU'RE TOO PERFECT TO BE REAL. HE SAYS THE BEST THINGS. HOW.

- “But you have to promise to try for me, Oli. You can’t just yell at me and expect me to stay.”

- REMEMBER THOSE WORDS, OLI.

- But Oli is a creature of bad habit.

- BUT NO YOU DIDN'T AND YOU RUINED EVERYTHING. AGAIN. FOR THE SECOND TIME.

TIDES: CHAPTER 12

- It happens a week later.

- He broke his promise a week later.

- A WEEK LATER. THAT QUICKLY. REALLY OLI. REALLY. ALREADY YOU RUIN IT IN A WEEK.

- I'm just stuck on this endless loop of feels. This roller coaster is painful and I need more barf bags. My feels are spilling again.

- Yelling at him for no reason. HIS RIFFS WERE FINE. THEY WERE PERFECT. I KNOW I DIDN'T HEAR THEM BUT I DIDN'T NEED TO BECAUSE I KNOW THEY WERE PERFECT.

- "Is it so fucking hard to play your riffs?"

- IS IT SO FUCKING HARD TO KEEP A PROMISE. APPARENTLY IT IS BECAUSE IT'S ONLY BEEN A WEEK AND I'M GETTIN' REAL TIRED OF YOUR SHIT OLI.

- MOMMA ALIYA SAYS YOU ARE GROUNDED.

- GO TO THE CORNER. NOW.

- Even Lee is done. This shows how much Oli has pushed him because time after time, he's so forgiving and patient. Then he slowly starts getting tired of it and yet he still gives him one last chance and OLI LOST THAT CHANCE. LEE IS DONE. LEE IS 1000% DONE. CRYING. UGLY CRYING.

- "If it wasn’t for me, you wouldn’t have a fucking stage to play on."

- OH SO WE'RE GOING THERE. YOU'RE REALLY GOING THERE. THAT'S HOW IT'S GONNA BE HUH. AWH HELL NO.

- THIS BROUGHT OUT MY INNER RATCHET. OLI, YA'LL GOT ME FUCKED UP. YOU NEED TO GO. I AIN'T GOT TIME FO DIS SHIT.

- “My next... You’re breaking up with me?” Oli looks incredulous, then guilty as the realization of what he’s doing sets in. But Lee is so beyond caring. He gave Oli another chance. He really did. He tried. And this is what he gets for trying. For giving Oli fucking Sykes a chance.
Lee sucks in a breath and nods once. “Yes, Oli. I am. Because you can’t decide what you want in this relationship, and I’m tired of putting up with your shit.”


- 10000000000% DONE. JUST DONE. D-O-N-E WITH YOUR S-H-I-T.

- I love Jona. Beautiful and perfect and awesome Jona.

- By the time he makes it back to the hotel, all he wants to do is sleep. He makes sure to lock the hotel room door behind him so no one—Oli—can come in unannounced while he’s trying to gather himself. After packing his bag and making sure he won’t be leaving anything behind, he collapses on the bed and smashes his face into the pillow. Unlike Oli, he doesn’t cry. He keeps it inside and drifts off into heavy sleep, where Oli’s face can’t haunt him anymore.

- HE DOESN'T CRY. BUT HE HAS EVERY RIGHT TO CRY. MY HEART IS BREAKING. I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I HAVE A HEART ANYMORE. IT'S BEEN DESTROYED BY THIS FIC.

TIDES: CHAPTER 13

- Finally, Oli does something right in this chapter. ABOUT FUCKING TIME. SHIT.

- IT'S BEEN A MONTH. SOB.

- THEY HAVEN'T TALKED IN A MONTH. IT TOOK OLI THIS LONG.

- Well, at least he knew he was wrong eventually. BUT STILL A MONTH.

- “I asked you about your boyfriend, Lee Malia?”

- REMEMBER THE ESCAPE PLAN I TALKED ABOUT. OFF TO THE SUNSET. THE HORIZON. GRAB IT. BRING IT TO ME. RUN AWAY.

- Uhm, no. They haven't been together for a month because Oli's a stupid buttface who can't keep a promise so he decided to push away the one beautiful ginger who can make his life happy. JUST. UGH. OLI YOU MORON.

- Don't you dare lie, Oli. Because you never said sorry and Lee didn't deserve that and lying would just prove that you worry too much about what everyone thinks. TELL THE TRUTH DAMMIT. PEOPLE NEED TO HEAR THE TRUTH AND HOW YOU RUINED EVERYTHING.

- But instead of lying, something else comes out of his mouth. “To be honest, I haven’t seen him in something like a month. We got into a fight, and we haven’t talked since then.”

- CLAPPING BECAUSE OLI TOLD THE TRUTH AND DIDN'T DO SOMETHING THAT MADE ME WANT TO PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE.

- Aww, and the woman interviewing isn't obnoxious or anything. She just says she hopes things work out and that's nice. Interview woman is nice.

- “I’m sorry. I hurt you when you didn’t deserve it because I couldn’t grow up and convince myself that my father’s opinion of me didn’t matter. I took it out on you because I thought you would be another person in my life who just put up with whatever I did because that’s how so many people have been. I miss you. I call your phone just to hear your voicemail because I know you aren’t going to answer me. Please, Lee. If it really has to end like this, at least let me apologize to your face.”

- GO OLI. FOR ONCE YOU SAY SOMETHING BEAUTIFUL AND SWEET AND IT MADE ME CRY.

- HE LISTENS TO HIS VOICEMAIL TO HEAR HIS VOICE. BECAUSE THAT'S THE ONLY WAY HE WAS ABLE TO HEAR LEE.

- Oh wait "gray afternoon" that means there's no sunset. Oops.

- So much for the escape plan.

- But good thing an escape plan isn't needed at this part.

- Because instead we hAVE LEE WAITING THERE FOR HIM BECAUSE HE HEARD THE INTERVIEW.

- I'LL TAKE THE BEANIE. I DON'T CARE.

- I'm pretty sure that beanie gets more action than me, too.

- Seriously, don't talk to me.

- YES. GO SEE CAROL. AND FOOD. YES. GLORIOUS FOOD AND EVERYTHING'S OKAY AND I CAN REALLY SAY THAT BECAUSE THIS STORY ENDS ON A HAPPY NOTE.

TIDES: CHAPTER 14

- A HAPPY CHAPTER.

- IT'S ALSO THE LAST ONE.

- AHHH. HAPPY TEARS BECAUSE FINALLY A CHAPTER WHERE THEY'RE HAPPY.

- Can you imagine Oli being all cute and singing those songs, trying to be a sly but Lee can hear him.

- I bet he sings in the shower, too. Unless Lee's in the shower with him. Then in that case, he probably doesn't care about being sly anymore. He doesn't mind singing for Lee.

- And they're in the perfect place for a happy ending. They're in a rented house right by a lake and I can imagine the beautiful scenery.

- There's probably a sign that says "HEY NEED A PLACE TO GO TO HAVE A HAPPY ENDING? JUST GO HERE. IT'S THE PERFECT PLACE TO RELAX AFTER BEING ON AN EMOTIONAL ROLLERCOASTER."

- Can I go to that place. I need it.

- They've been together for six months. OH WAIT I JUST THOUGHT OF THE PERFECT SONG.

- "6 Months" by Hey Monday. It's such a sweet and beautiful song and WORKS PERFECTLY FOR THIS HAPPY ENDING OF HAPPINESS.

- “I can hardly believe it considering how much shit we went through just to get where we are right now.”

- FUCK. YOU GOT THAT RIGHT.

- “I still haven’t properly thanked you for coming to the station to talk to me,” Oli murmurs, and Lee feels Oli’s cheek press to the top of his head.
“You don’t have to thank me. I wanted to do it.” Lee licks his lips, remembering the broadcast that led him to the station. To Oli. “I think I always just wanted you to do something grand to make amends. It’s stupid, I guess. But hey, we’re here.”


- Oli did a grand romantic gesture. That shows he loves you, Lee! He did something for everyone to hear and that shows he didn't care what people thought. I CAN ACTUALLY SAY HE'S A KEEPER.

- They're going to work and they're going to be happy because they're learning from all the mistakes they made that almost ruined this beautiful relationship. I'm being hit with good feels here and I love this all okay.

- “I love you, Oli Sykes,” he murmurs after a moment.
Oli hums softly and squeezes his hand once again. “I love you, too, Lee Malia.”


- HEY LOOK MY HEART IS BACK BECAUSE THIS LOVELY EXCHANGE BROUGHT IT BACK TO LIFE WITH ALL THE WARM FUZZIES AND ADORABLENESS AND AHHH.

And that completes my live blog! Wow, this was really fun to do and guess what? This story's got a sequel that will probably hit me with feels all over again, but I'm excited because it's going to be great as always. :D

I haven't decided what I want to live blog next. I'm wondering if I should do Ubitquitous by Rianne or Daydream by Jacqui first. One thing's for sure, I'm definitely going to do both of them because they're amazing works. Well, stay tuned for the next live blog!

Hope you enjoyed this one. Love you all!

Deuces.
February 27th, 2014 at 08:58pm