Fic Live Blog: Just Hold Me

THE LIVE BLOGS ARE BACK. I told you guys I’d do one before I leave tomorrow. Also, I’m already packed and it’s only 10 PM which is earlier than I expected and I have nothing to do SO WHY NOT.

So what's a live blog, you ask?
I'm doing live blogs of fics because there have been a lot of amazing ones I've read. So I'm gonna be posting my reactions as I read them because I think it'll be fun, it gives me an excuse to read these fics again and I'm also showing you that you should check out these fics as well because they're just so beautiful.

My other live blogs
Seasons
Heartbreaker
The Rushing of the Water
Pressing Flowers
Come and Go
Sincerely Lovesick
Tides [Pt. 1]
Tides [Pt. 2]
Tides [Pt. 3]
The Band Shippers Vigilante Coalition
Daydream
From States Away
Starry Skyline
Try to Take Us Down
Sunday
Oh

Alright, so I’m going to be live blogging a Hayliver since it’s been a while and because it’s also a nice fluffy one. We need a nice fluffy one to live blog since I, you know, wrote a not so nice one recently. I’m doing Just Hold Me by the wonderful Rianne. As always, she tells me not to do one for her, but then I’d be depriving everyone of her lovely work. This one’s just a cute little fic about Oli taking care of Hayley after she’s drank a little too much. It’s really sweet and gave me such happy feels. Also, it made me laugh so here we go.
JUST HOLD ME

- Not gonna lie, I kinda thought this was going to hurt me when I read the summary.

- Like the summary just had that vibe a little. And considering the Haylivers Rianne’s wrote in the past, CAN YOU BLAME ME.

- Already I’m laughing because the first line. Just. The first line is great and of course, Taylor’s saying it which makes it even better.

- “Go home, you’re drunk, Hayls!” Taylor York said, trying not to burst into laughter at the petite girl stumbling around the room.

- But really, can you just imagine Hayley trying to walk. Little orange-haired pixie just tripping up over her feet. I don’t know whether to think that’s really funny or cute as fuck.

- What makes this story funny is because come on, when do we ever read about Hayley drinking? So many hilarious possibilities.

- It’s the end of tour. Reminds me that I still haven’t seen them live and trying not to cry. But hey, Monumentour, I’m gonna make this happen. I will.

- I feel it, Jeremy. I’m the one who babysits the drunk people and it involves me picking them up from the floor, holding their hair as they puke, and keeping them from flashing me.

- #nakedmovement2014

- Long story, don’t ask. My cousin’s birthday party was an interesting night.

- When you say you’re not that drunk, it means you’re drunk. You’re just putting yourself on blast here.

- Aw, and Jeremy’s all checking out her place and likes how she decorated it with awards, reminding them how far they’ve come and why I love them and will always love them forever until the day I die.

- She even has some stuff from fans because she’s so sweet and amazing.

- Do you think one of the fan made art is Jacqui’s Paramore drawing with my message on it.

- TOO LATE, I’M ALREADY DECLARING THAT JACQUI’S DRAWING IS ON HER WALL. YEP. IT’S ALREADY IN MY MIND. CAN’T CHANGE IT.

- Fucking infomercials, man. They’re weird. Especially at the beginning where it shows someone being so incompetent to the point where you wonder what’s wrong with them.

- And seriously, why do they play these so late.

- Like do they really expect someone to just sit on the couch late at night and go, “Yes, this is the perfect time for me to get this. Just what I needed.”

- I mean, I have some weird thoughts at night. They’re pretty out there, BUT BUYING A BLENDER IS NOT ONE OF THEM. That shit ain’t in my mind at all.

- I usually think about how my life would be if I was in a band or why my friends on Mibba don’t live next door.

- Really, why don’t they live next door.

- Hayley’s trying to stay awake for him. We all know who she’s talking about.

- Stay awake, Hayley. Don’t make me start singing ATL for you.

- STAY AWAAAKE, GET A GRIP AND GET OUT.

- Is that song even relevant to this situation. I’m really just singing it because of the phrase “stay awake”.

- And because Alex is back invading my concentration for the time being.

- HEY ALEX HOW ABOUT YOU STOP. I’M TRYING TO DO A LIVE BLOG ON HAYLIVER. NOT YOU. GET OUT.

- GET A GRIP AND GET OUT.

- I’M USING YOUR OWN LYRICS AGAINST YOU. NOW GO.

- Okay, back to the story because we’re at my favorite part. :D

- The “he” in question was Hayley’s boyfriend, Oliver Sykes. Oliver, or Oli, was well known as the front man of Bring Me the Horizon and together, the duo formed one of the music scene’s most popular but highly controversial power couples. They were viewed as popular within the scene because of the fact that they appeared to personify the concept of “opposites attract.” Hayley was the image of refined beauty and elegance with an edge, while Oli was modified from head to toe and always ready to party and have a good time. Based on the differing genres of their respective bands, many people thought it was either a great match or an awful one. The positive and negative comments didn’t deter them though, as the couple had been together for five years and counting.

- You know how I said Rianne’s amazing? Because she really is. She’s amazing as frick because she always beautifully sums up Hayliver with such gorgeous words. I can never do that.

- All I can say is “Hayley and Oli are cute together because I say so. Just go with it.”

- At least people go with it.

- SO THAT’S SOMETHING, RIGHT? *cries*

- Ooh, that’s a smart call. We don’t want Hayley sending drunk texts or nowadays it’d be drunk snapchats.

- Wait, do you think they have snapchats.

- I don’t have one. Though I’m considering making one.

- You guys should add me when I make one.

- If you guys have snapchat, that is.

- Dammit, Oli. You and your surprises. Jeremy ain’t got time for surprises, he just wants to know when you’re gonna get your ass over here.

- YOU MISSED HER BIRTHDAY. GOD FUCKING DAMMIT OLI THIS IS WHY WE CAN’T HAVE NICE THINGS. SHE WANTED TO CELEBRATE WITH YOU BUT YOU JUST HAD TO GET HIGH AND END UP HALF-NAKED IN AN ALLEY HUH.

- WHO NEEDS WEED WHEN YOU HAVE HAYLEY.

- The real question I have is what was the half that was naked.

- Because Oli sure likes taking off his pants more than his shirt. I’m just fuckin’ sayin’.

- And Jeremy and Taylor knocked out and I imagine them being such cuties laying over each other and snoring.

- Though Hayley doesn’t think it’s very cute because shit, you guys are loud but she’s totally fine with that because she needs something to keep her awake.

- Since my singing wasn’t doing shit. Alright, I see you. I see you.

- AND HE FINALLY COMES. JEESUS, OLI IT’S ABOUT TIME. I’M PRETTY SURE HAYLEY JUST DYED HER HAIR A DIFFERENT COLOR WHILE SHE WAS WAITING FOR YOU.

- Actually I wouldn’t be surprised if she did.

- Can it be blonde. Because Blonde Hayley is such love.

- I imagine Taylor waking up and muttering something weird because he’s half-asleep. Like the moment the door closes, Taylor just sits up and goes all, “My curls turned into snakes run away before I turn you into stone.” And then he just shakes his head to wake himself even more while Jeremy, Hayley, and Oli are all wtf.

- Ah yes, a fan throwing up on his shoes. That’s exactly what Oli needs right after getting off a flight.

- If Hayley weren’t drunk right now, she’d be all, “Aw hell nah boy, you ain’t stepping foot into my place with those shoes. Take ‘em off. And then do the same with your pants and shirt afterwards.”

- Flights are always long the more you want to reach your destination. Like when I went to Hawaii? That flight was fucking long. When I went home? I blinked and I was back in California like how.

- OLI JUST WANTED TO REACH HAYLEY BUT THE FLIGHT WAS ALL NAH BOY YOU GOTTA WAIT.

- STUPID FLIGHTS.

- And Taylor being such a lovely friend gives Hayley a little kiss on the head and I love it because their friendship moments are lovely and I like me some Hayley/Taylor friendship in Hayliver.

- Hayley and Taylor’s friendship is like my relationship with M’Rell, my adopted fruzzin. You all know him.

- The first thing Oli does is rub her back and tells her that he wants to make sure she sleeps but Hayley just wants to hold the bae because it’s been a long time and she missed him.

- Then he finds out she’s been drinking and he’s all “Whoa the tables have turned.”

- No way Hayley would ever be an angry drunk. I always imagine her being the friendly drunk who tells you she loves you and hugs you and you have a good time with her.

- At this point, how funny would it have been if after Oli asked her if she’s been drinking, she starts singing “Drunk in Love”.

- I’VE BEEN DRANKIN’ WATERMELON.

- Hayley loves Beyonce, so once again wouldn’t really be surprised if it happened.

- *breathes heavily* THEY’RE. GONNA. CUDDLE.

- Ohmigod, you guys. GUYS. I just found the perfect theme song for this fic. Just now. Just because of Oli asking Hayley if she wants to cuddle.

- THE CUDDLE SONG BY TIM DELAGHETTO AND MY UNCLE JR AQUINO.

- Yes, he really is my uncle. And this song is hella funny and catchy. You need to watch it. You really do because my Uncle is hilarious. He’s the one with the guitar.

- *sings* I JUST WANNA CUDDLE. CUDDLE, BABEHHH.

- If I accidentally offended you with that video and song, I am sorry.

- Shit, that song’s in my head now.

- Well, I know what I’m gonna be singing first at camping.

- She just wants you near her, Oli. So hold her close and never let go.

- And once again the lyrics to “The Church Channel” by Say Anything fit with this story, too.

- SO LAY YOUR HEAD ON ME. YEAH, LAY YOUR HEAD ON ME.

- See, it fits so well it hurts.

- Hayley looked up at him as he lowered her onto the sheets. “Do you not wanna do this? Am I being a stage five spider monkey clinger girlfriend or something?” She ran a hand through her mussed hair and bit her lip.

- Omg she’s so cute and I’m laughing again because STAGE FIVE SPIDER MONKEY CLINGER GIRLFRIEND.

- I don’t know why you want me to teach you how to write witty banter, Rianne. You’re already acing it.

- Ooh dayumm, take it off. Take it all off both of you while I sit here and wonder how I’m ever going to get my concentration back.

- She’s being all insecure because she’s wondering why he doesn’t wanna do anything with her. Shh, Hayles, it’s okay he just wants you to get some sleep and he’s being a gentleman because he doesn’t want to take advantage of you. You are blessed, Hayles.

- And Oli continued to be an amazing boyfriend by assuring her that there’s nothing wrong and that once she’s sober they’re going to be spendin’ some time together doing a whole bunch of things and oh yes, she will love it.

- The last two paragraphs just made my heart melt so much like I cannot.

- Because it talks about how Oli feels so lucky to have her because he didn’t really care about life as much before and was always so blech but then Hayley came along and made everything all rainbows and sunshine because she’s a beautiful angel and a ~manic pixie dreamgirl~

- And Oli doesn’t think about when he’ll have to leave her again because nope, no negativity here. No sir, he’s going to push the negative away and focus all on the positive. SEE HE’S LIVING BY HER TATTOO. ACCENTUATE THE POSITIVE. ELIMINATE THE NEGATIVE. SEE HOW GOOD HAYLEY IS FOR YOU.

- Ugh, this is healing me all over again from the pain I have caused to myself.

- Before she posted this, I sent Alex over to Rianne to give her inspiration.

- WELL YOU DID YOUR JOB, ALEX. AND YOU DID IT WELL. GREAT JOB FOR DOING SOMETHING GOOD AND NOW WE ARE ALL GRACED WITH RIANNE’S HAYLIVER FLUFF.

- I’M SO HEALED RIGHT NOW YOU DON’T EVEN KNOW.

Really, I’m glad I read this again. I needed that and it put a good end to my night before I go camping. So thank you Rianne for writing something sweet and beautiful. Now everyone else, you know what you all need to do. Go check out her works and leave comments because she’s fabulous and deserves to know that she’s an amazing writer. As for me, I should go to sleep since I have to wake up early tomorrow. Heading off to the great outdoors.

Wearing my biker boots because I’m raw as fuck.

Okay, goodnight.

Deuces.
July 3rd, 2014 at 10:04am