Fic Live Blog: Sincerely Lovesick

I'm doing a live blog and I know I said I was done doing them until next weekend, but I couldn't resist. Oh, and I've noticed that a lot of people like the whole live blog idea and are doing some of their own. It's really cool!

Wait, does this mean I'm finally a trendsetter. AM I COOL YET.

So what's a live blog, you ask?
I'm doing live blogs of fics because there have been a lot of amazing ones I've read. So I'm gonna be posting my reactions as I read them because I think it'll be fun, it gives me an excuse to read these fics again and I'm also showing you that you should check out these fics as well because they're just so beautiful.

My other live blogs
Seasons
Heartbreaker
The Rushing of the Water
Pressing Flowers
Come and Go
Tides [Pt. 1]
Tides [Pt. 2]
Tides [Pt. 3]
The Band Shippers Vigilante Coalition
Daydream
From States Away
Starry Skyline
Try to Take Us Down
Sunday
Oh
Just Hold Me

Oh, and Jacqui did a live blog of one of my Haylivers: Chopped Orange Locks

Rianne's hella gonna kill me, but I'm doing a live blog of her latest fic, Sincerely Lovesick. BWAHAHAHA. And believe it or not, it's not a Hayliver and is actually a beautiful and lovely Drew Chadwick fluff. So Emblem3 lovers, if you're looking for a good one-shot, this is the one for you. It was written for Valentine's Day and is from the perspective of Charlotte or "Charlie", Drew's best friend who has deep feelings for him. However, she realizes that she's not the only one hiding her feelings. So without further ado, my reactions to this amazing story.
SINCERELY LOVESICK

- By the way, I have absolutely no knowledge of Emblem3. I've only heard one song, but I love this fic so much.

- And of course, I have to listen to Rianne's recommended listenings while reading this.

- One of them is Drew Chadwick's lil' lullaby "Stay With Me Tonight". My favorite. It's so perfect.

- Drew's pretty cute.

- We can all pretty much relate to Charlie's situation. Having a distaste for Valentine's Day and being slightly annoyed by all the lovebird friends that surround you. I feel you, girl. I feel you.

- Gettin' real tired of all your lovesick shit, you lovesick little shits.

- I'd still eat. I don't care, food could be my boyfriend.

- Because I’d imagined it so many times, it should’ve been a crime for a human being to occupy my thoughts that much.

- WELL STOP PRETENDING AND JUST MAKE IT REAL. HAPPINESS IS NOT THAT DIFFICULT.

- Psh, you think you ain't sure now, you sure as hell will be later. Just you wait, Charlie.

- Their friends are just totally hooking them up right now. They're all playing cupid. Everyone. Firing all these arrows.

- If they were real arrows, poor Charlie and Drew would've been dead.

- THAT ORIGINAL SONG BY DREW. OMG IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

- He was a free spirit but reality was able to anchor him enough that he didn’t completely lose himself in the chaos of it all.

- How does Rianne come up with this. Her descriptions are always so damn perfect and just ugh. Beautiful.

- Uh, of course she can stand to be around you. DREW THIS IS ALL SHE WANTS. AND YOU WANT IT, TOO.

- HE ALREADY MAKES HER CRAZY. CRAZY IN LOVE.

- GOT ME LOOKIN' SO CRAZY RIGHT NOW.

- EXCUSE ME WHILE I BRING OUT MY INNER BEYONCE.

- The way they interact and the way they're always so close to each other, just kiss already dammit. All this sexual tension, I swear.

- 'Kay, maybe it's not sexual tension.

- But still, they're close.

- I always love it when a guy smells good.

- Not meaning to be creepy, I can't help but just be all sniff whenever I hug my guyfriends and they're all clean and smelling so good.

- “I don’t think I’ll be able to keep anyone away without pure physical force.”

- All this flirting. Mixed with him being a sweet protective friend. I just.

- SEE HE'LL DEFEND YOUR HONOR CHARLIE. HE'S NOT SWITZERLAND. HE'S HIS OWN COUNTRY.

- DREWLAND. POPULATION: 2

- Only Charlie and Drew can be on Drewland.

- It's okay, Charlie. Trace the tattoo anyway. Tattoos are nice.

- Yeah, Drew. You ain't nobody's babysitter. I'm always in that situation since I don't drink that much and it's really fun messing with people when they're drunk and I have to babysit them.

- Do you think Charlie's the emotional drunk or the funny drunk.

- I see her as a mix of both.

- Like one moment she's crying on the floor and then the next moment she's dancing on the table.

- HE KISSED THE TOP OF HER HEAD. CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME WHY THEY AREN'T ALREADY TOGETHER.

- Ugh, both of you need to stop. Drew is talking to all of these girls but we all know that the only girl he really wants is Charlie. And Charlie why are you talking to the living version of Abercrombie when you got Drew.

- The guy's name is Quentin. That's totes an Abercrombie name.

- ...Never let me say "totes" again. Ever.

- HE WANTS TO GO BECAUSE HE DOESN'T WANT TO HOOK UP WITH SOME RANDOM GIRL. THE ONLY GIRL HE WANTS TO GO HOME WITH TONIGHT IS YOU.

- Bye Quentin. You need to go so Charlie and Drew can stop being dummies and just get together because they're so perfect.

- Ew. Cold pizza. Blech. I don't even like microwaved pizza. I wonder what his credentials are.

- "I just got done modeling for Abercrombie and Hollister."

- Yep, that's the only one I can think of.

- I want gummy worms. And if I were them, I'd also grab an Arizona, some skittles, and a pack of gum. Thanks for making me hungry, Rianne.

- Both glow in the dark bowling and mini golf sound fun. Especially since I'm a pro at both of those.

- REALLY WHY AREN'T THEY A COUPLE YET.

- SHE HASN'T HAD A VALENTINE IN THE PAST YEAR. HE HASN'T HAD A VALENTINE IN TWO YEARS. FIX THAT PROBLEM RIGHT NOW.

- Or you can both go to every club and sing love songs.

- I have a few.

- Annnnnnnnnd now it's time for Aliya to start listing the songs that she associates with the fic!

- Since they always talk about how the couples are all "lovesick little shits", the best song for this would be "Retarded in Love" by Say Anything.

- Shows how love makes us do some gushy and stupid shit. So simple and not glamorized. Perfect song for them little shits.

- I'm talking about you, Charlie and Drew.

- AHH. IT'S GETTING TO THE KARAOKE PART.

- At least you have a guy to sing with. I DON'T HAVE THAT. THAT'S REALLY ALL I ASK FOR. TO HAVE A GUY SING WITH YOU IS THE BEST THING EVER.

- IF YOU WON'T SING WITH HIM, THEN I WILL.

- “Not really.” Drew’s eyes had that faraway look; the kind that meant he was really concentrating on recalling past events. “You always get so withdrawn whenever I’m the one playing the guitar or starting up the vocals. You’re scared. . .of something. Something about me makes you hold back.” He had the most perplexed expression on his face.

- DAMMIT DREW DON'T YOU GET IT. SHE LIKES YOU. SHE WANTS TO BE MORE THAN FRIENDS.

- She's afraid of ruining your guys' frienship because she can't look at you without wanting more and just freakin' Drew you have strong feelings for her, too, but you've been holding back and they've both been holding back. JUST. GET. TOGETHER.

- “Drew, seriously? We haven’t even sent any message to Wes or---”
He slid his phone out of his pocket, typed out a quick message, and offered me his hand. “Done. They’re now aware that I’m taking you out to a karaoke bar and we’ll meet up with them at their place.”


- Drew be smooth as fuck.

- Ahahahaha, technology. Charlie probably hates cellphones at the moment.

- If I ever get a boyfriend, I want to be the most threatmantic girl he's ever met.

- Then again, that won't really be a good thing. Never mind.

- DREW YOU MAY KNOW WHAT YOU WANT, BUT YOU TAKE FOREVER TO GET WHAT YOU WANT BECAUSE YOU KEEP HOLDING BACK. STOP BEING A WUSS AND GET THE GIRL OF YOUR DREAMS.

- They should've sang a duet. I can name a few they could've done. They could've done "My Boo" or "Dilemma" or "Summer Nights" or "A Whole New World".

- That last one was necessary.

- Trying to imagine what Charlie's voice sounds like. I like to think she has one of those unique indie-esque voices. Like Dia Frampton's. Yeah, she'd have a beautiful breathy kind of voice.

- THAT SONG WAS FOR YOU, DREW.

- I bet Drew was completely mesmerized by her voice. Like all hypnotized and and in love with her because her voice is so beautiful and amazing.

- “I haven’t had a stupid valentine because I was trying to work up the courage to ask you to be mine. And not as a friend thing either, if that’s what you’re thinking. But I didn’t want to ruin our friendship. You’ve always been my best friend but I just started wanting more.”

- SQUEALS.

- “I really do wish that you’d said something sooner because I. . .I’ve felt the same way, Charlie. It was such a copout for me to wait on your move though, so now I’m not going to let you go.”

- WHAT WE'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR.

- FINALLY. THEY. KISSED.

- Another song: "Safe and Sound" by Tonight Alive. Cue the song playing as they kiss.

- HE'LL SING ANYTHING SHE WANTS. THAT'S THE LOVELIEST THING A GUY COULD SAY TO A GIRL IN MY OPINION.

- Awww, he doesn't want her to just be a hookup. He wants this all to be something more, something real and give her the date she deserves and be the perfect gentleman for her. Oh, my heart is just melting because he loves her so much and just wants the best for her.

- Nah, they won't freak out. They've probably been waiting for this to happen.

- THE ONLY ONE FREAKING OUT IS ME.

- Whenever the car was idle at a red light, he’d look over at me and shake his head as if he couldn’t believe it either. We didn’t talk a lot during the drive but the silence was comforting and gave us time to adjust to everything. At least, that’s what I was doing as I tried not to laugh as his thumb traced circles on my hand; tingles shot up my arm

- During this part, I have "Shiksa (Girlfriend)" by Say Anything because the lyrics match their reactions and feelings so much, it hurts.

- The chorus goes, "No way, how'd I get a girlfriend now?" SAY ANYTHING STOP MAKING THE PERFECT SONGS FOR ALL THESE FICS. SERIOUSLY.

- You're not anti-cupids. You're anti-just friends. Because you're not just friends anymore. YOU'RE FINALLY LOVERS.

- YES, YOU GET YOUR SONG. HE HAD A SONG FOR YOU ALL ALONG AND YOU HAD NO IDEA. MY HEART.

- Right then and there, I knew I really was a lovesick little shit but I didn’t even mind it at all.

- Now they're lovesick little shits. They're retarded in love. They're a couple and THIS MAKES ME SCREAM IN HAPPINESS AND JOY AND ALL KINDS OF FEELS.

I know she didn't want me to do a live blog, but how could I not? Her fic deserves to be read! She was so afraid to write this because she thought she wouldn't be able to write a good fluff, but she's always so hard on herself when in reality her writing is beautiful and amazing. This was a perfect fluff and I enjoyed it. RIANNE YOU ARE AN AMAZING WRITER AND I LOVE YOU.

Okay, that's the end of my live blog. But really, aren't live blogs so fun? I don't blame you guys for wanting to do these, too. It's fun to write down your reactions and it's also fun to read other people's reactions to your fics. :D

Deuces.
February 19th, 2014 at 08:55am