Fic Live Blog: Daydream

As promised, I said I’d do some live blogs this weekend so here we go again! Be prepared, my friends. Oh, be prepared to question Aliya’s sanity again.

So what's a live blog, you ask?
I'm doing live blogs of fics because there have been a lot of amazing ones I've read. So I'm gonna be posting my reactions as I read them because I think it'll be fun, it gives me an excuse to read these fics again and I'm also showing you that you should check out these fics as well because they're just so beautiful.

My other live blogs
Seasons
Heartbreaker
The Rushing of the Water
Pressing Flowers
Come and Go
Sincerely Lovesick
Tides [Pt. 1]
Tides [Pt. 2]
Tides [Pt. 3]
The Band Shippers Vigilante Coalition
From States Away
Starry Skyline
Try to Take Us Down
Sunday
Oh
Just Hold Me

Well, it’s been a while since I’ve done a live blog and I told Jacqui that I was going to do yet another one for one of her amazing works. Tonight I am going to be live blogging her story, Daydream. It’s a lovely two-shot that she wrote for Valentine’s Day. It’s an ATL fic that’s based around the song “A Daydream Away” (if you haven’t guessed it already) and stars Alex Gaskarth and a special female guest that I’m not going to reveal until the end. This is the first story of a series of three two-shots and I believe you guys should go and check those out because they’re breathtaking and give me all kinds of emotions.

Alright, so let’s get this going!
DAYDREAM: CHAPTER 1

- It’s being told in Alex’s POV. Oh god, that means the feels will be very strong and I’m already hugging my pillow to prepare myself.

- But really, I’m never prepared even when I prepare.

- Since Alex considers her a daydream, I’m just gonna refer to this mystery girl as “daydream girl” because that’s a good nickname. Yep.

- Ah and it starts on a lovely afternoon and daydream girl is going on about her friendship with Alex, specifically when they met as kids.

- They met ten years later.

- After ten long-ass years, they reunited and it feels so good. This is like fate because come on, this is ten whole years and they happen to find each other again like why can’t that happen with me? I had some great friends ten years ago.

- Though if I reunited with them, they’d wonder why they were friends with me in the first place.

- “She’s one of those crazy girls. Quick, run.”

- Oh god, Alex in bandanas is a hilarious thing okay. I imagine walking in the class in slow motion.

- And in the background “This Is Why I’m Hot” by Mims plays.

- I’M HOT ‘CAUSE I’M FLY. YOU AIN’T ‘CAUSE YOU NOT. THIS IS WHY THIS WHY THIS IS WHY I’M HOT.

- Inner ratchet came out again. I’m sorry. Not really ‘cause turn down for what

- It’s been a few years since we left high school – we’re twenty one going on nineteen.

- SEE I’M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO AGES BACKWARDS. Like seriously guys, I was 18 and then turned 12. I age backwards.

- And ew, she has a boyfriend who’s not Alex. Like get away from daydream girl, douchebag boyfriend.

- Yeah, he got a nickname, too.

- I wouldn’t say that I like the way that when the sun hits it on the right angle it sets off your eyes that appear to sparkle – it’s the light reflecting off them. I wouldn’t say that I like how it’s not one solid colour, unlike when you colour it and you aren’t able to get the low and highlights to show through. I wouldn’t say anything more, because that would mean you’re more than just a friend.

- Aw, Alex you lovely boy you. He wants to tell her more, let her know that she’s absolutely beautiful and that there’s more to her than her hair “looking good” but he can’t because he knows that she just considers him a friend and friends don’t say things like that.

- I like the small bit of realism in her storytelling that Jacqui does. Like the little detail of how daydream girl doesn’t completely remember the room number because sometimes when we’re looking back at old memories, we don’t remember everything. So yeah, I can relate to the room changing thing.

- Who cares if daydream girl’s voice isn’t the typical voice. Her voice is heavenly anyway and by the end of this live blog, you will all agree with me after I tell you who she is.

- That’s why I always have a chaser whenever I drink alcohol. IT MAKES ME THIRSTY. THE THIRST IS REAL.

- And then she goes on to when they were kids. At this point, I have “Uneasy Hearts Weigh the Most” by Dance Gavin Dance playing in my head because the chorus fits.

- Holy shit, she smells like heaven
Been best friends since we were eleven
Oh my God I like her
Yeah, I heard you like her


- It’s a fucking catchy song, too. Takes me back to eighth grade. Listen to it when you get the chance. Especially, the bridge because you’ll be wondering “wtf” during that part. You’ll see.

- Damn, Alex. You’re lucky you didn’t hit her in the head because do you know how painful that would’ve been.

- That’s why I have a fear of balls. And I always let people know that.

- Like when I almost got hit by a football and a soccer ball and a basketball. I HAVE A FEAR OF BALLS.

- I think balls are secretly trying to kill me.

- YEAH ALEX WATCH WHERE YOU’RE THROWING THAT SHIT.

- Funny how I’m listening to a Blink song right now. It’s the acoustic version of “I Miss You”. It’s so peaceful and brings back memories. I just. Love.

- I picture Alex playing “What’s My Age Again?” just because of that twenty-one going on nineteen line. But that’s just me.

- DOUCHEBAG BOYFRIEND BE HELLA RUDE, THO. LIKE SHIT, SHE’S TELLING A STORY AND YOU’RE TOO BUSY TRYING TO EAT HER NECK OR SOME WEIRD SHIT LIKE THAT. STOP.

- You don’t deserve him.

- I AGREE. DOUCHEBAG BOYFRIEND NEEDS TO GET OUT. SHE DESERVES MUCH BETTER. LIKE THE WONDERFUL ALEXANDER GASKARTH.

- Go away, douchebag boyfriend. Nobody wants you right now because you’re getting in the way of Alex swooping daydream girl.

- Sorry but can you imagine her just trying to make it clear that she’s pissed off by stomping but it doesn’t end up being loud because she has no shoes on and is only wearing socks. Like that’s so cute and I know it’s not supposed to be but it’s cute okay.

- And Alex being the amazing best friend he is tells her that douchebag bf is a jerk (understatement) and gives her a hug to make things better.

- Just cover that hole in your shirt with duct tape, Alex. Duct tape fixes everything.

- Not really. I hope none of you really believe that.

- YOU KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD DO. BREAK UP WITH DOUCHEBAG BOYFRIEND BECAUSE HE IS AN ASSBUTT AND NEEDS TO GET HIS ASS AWAY FROM DAYDREAM GIRL.

- DOUCHEBAG BOYFRIEND HAS A NAME BUT I REFUSE TO CALL HIM ANYTHING ELSE OTHER THAN DOUCHEBAG BOYFRIEND.

- FUCK YEAH, SHE MADE A SMART DECISION.

DAYDREAM: CHAPTER 2

- Celebration time now that douchebag boyfriend is out of the picture. Let’s get turnt.

- And yes, she’s driving him home because she knows he’s in no shape to drive. And he’s smart enough not to.

- Laugh at all the douchebag guys. Especially stupid assbutt douchebag boyfriend.

- THEN DAYDREAM GIRL DECIDES TO SCARE ALEX BY SPEEDING UP AND SHIT.

- SLOW DOWN. GRAB THE WALL. WIGGLE LIKE YOU TRYNNA MAKE YO ASS FALL OUT.

- SPEED UP. GAS PEDAL.

- ...I really just put lyrics to “Gas Pedal” by Sage the Gemini. My inner ratchet needs to stop. Forgive me, Jacqui.

- Daydream girl smells like berries and now it’s Aliya’s cue to want to sniff her wonderful hair because I bet it smells fucking fabulous like can I smell your hair daydream girl.

- But then you told me that the name of the deodorant is “confidence” and you like that; you believe everyday should be filled with it.

- Can we appreciate daydream girl’s awesomeness? For that, she gets a theme song.

- “What If” by Meg and Dia because it describe her and her feelings toward douchebag boyfriend perfectly.

- Hey, there’s some great instant coffee out there. You just gotta find the right one, bruh.

- Alex is like me. I crunch on ice cubes a lot and it probably annoys everyone that I do.

- And now she’s wearing one of his shirts and I don’t know about you guys, but I love wearing clothes from my guyfriends. Like I used to wear their hoodies all the time and it smelled like them and yeah Aliya has issues.

- TEQUILA SHOTS IN THE DARK SCENE OF THE CRIME.

- Okay, sorry I had to. Just made me think of that song and now that I’ve read the other parts in this series, it kind of describes Alex’s feelings for daydream girl. But I don’t want to give anything away because you need to read them yourself, silly butt.

- But really, tho. Why Tequila. I don’t like Tequila, but hey she did just break up with her douchebag boyfriend and if she wants to get turnt, then let her get turnt.

- Oh, Alex. You know you wanna smell those sheets because her fabulous smell need to be sniffed. SNIFF THE SHEETS. SNIFF THEM.

- And then she tries to be all sneaky, but Alex beats her to it and scares her first. Awww, them cuties and their playfulness.

- THEY’RE STRIPPING. THEY ARE STRIPPING.

- *sings* I JUST WANNA SEE YOU STRIP RIGHT NOW.

- Now I’m singing Chris Brown. Somebody stop me please.

- I’m with ya on this, daydream girl. If I were down to only my singlet and bra and underwear I’d call it quits, too. Don’t wanna get naked and all that stuff.

- Ooh, and Alex is gonna remove it for her even though she doesn’t wanna play. Look you being all daring and shit.

- AND THERE GOES THE KISS. HE WENT IN FOR THE KISS AND ALEX BE SMOOTH AS FUCK BY TAKING OFF HER TOP AND THEN GOING FOR HER BRA AND SHE HELLA CALLS HIM OUT.

- AND THEN THEY’RE GOING FURTHER.

- BUT WAIT. ALEX WANTS TO SAY SOMETHING.

- IT’S IMPORTANT, DAYDREAM GIRL.

- “I love you.”

- THE TRUTH COMES OUT WHEN ALCOHOL IS INVOLVED. HE SAID IT, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. HE LOVES YOU, DAYDREAM GIRL.

- And she’s hella trippin’ out on this because come on, this is her best friend telling her he loves her on the same day she dumped her douchebag boyfriend.

- “I love you, Jenna”

- AND SHE’S FINALLY REVEALED.

- DAYDREAM GIRL IS THE GORGEOUS JENNA MCDOUGALL.

- JENNA. JENNAAAAAAA.

- “I love you too.”

- And like she says it back, but at this point we’re not sure what to feel about it. Like even Alex isn’t sure because she could be saying this just to avoid making things uncomfortable, she could be saying this because she’s drunk and doesn’t know what the hell she’s doing, or she could still be a little off because of her break up and only thinks that toward Alex only because he seems nice at the moment compared to her douchebag ex. If that made sense.

- You always were a compulsive liar.

- OH NO NOW I’M REALLY WORRIED. SHE LIES A LOT AND GOD WHY. ALEX POURED HIS HEART OUT TO YOU AND YOU PLAY WITH HIM. DON’T WORRY ME LIKE THIS.

- YOU TWO DESERVE TO BE TOGETHER.

Alright, that was my crazy live blog for the wonderful Jacqui. Now go check out that fic and comment if you haven’t already and if you want to know what happens to Alex and Jenna afterwards, check out to two sequels, Sunday and Oh. And make sure your feels are ready because these two hit you and they hit you hard. I’d also like to point out that Oh isn’t finished yet, so I am anticipating how it will all end. WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO ALEX AND JENNA OH LORD.

Okay, hope you enjoyed that live blog. I’m out to read Jacqui’s live blog of my recent Hayliver.

Deuces.
April 13th, 2014 at 08:14am