Fic Live Blog: Seasons

So what's a live blog, you ask?
I'm doing live blogs of fics because there have been a lot of amazing ones I've read. So I'm gonna be posting my reactions as I read them because I think it'll be fun, it gives me an excuse to read these fics again and I'm also showing you that you should check out these fics as well because they're just so beautiful.

My other live blogs
Heartbreaker
The Rushing of the Water
Pressing Flowers
Come and Go
Sincerely Lovesick
Tides [Pt. 1]
Tides [Pt. 2]
Tides [Pt. 3]
The Band Shippers Vigilante Coalition
Daydream
From States Away
Starry Skyline
Try to Take Us Down
Sunday
Oh
Just Hold Me

First fic I'm gonna do is Seasons by Rianne. It's a Hayliver fanfic, but it's unique and it doesn't even seem like a fanfic. That's what's so amazing about Rianne's writing. She takes Hayley and Oli and gives them her own characterization as if they were hers.

Oh god, I'm already getting emotional again and I haven't even started this fic yet. Help.

'Kay, here we go:
SEASONS

- Since the song inspiration for this lovely story was "Hourglass" by Zedd, I feel it would be fitting to listen to it as I play.

- Along with rainy mood.

- Some real rain is going on right now, too.

- And by that I mean my tears.

- I have tissues this time. I'm prepared.

- You always said that spring was your favourite season, solely due to the fact that the flowers blossomed and everything was lively. Nothing hurt then and time was merely a human construct. The faded edges of my memories gained clarity whenever I breathed in the fresh air. Goddammit, the description is so perfect.

- You know, I always pictured Hayley's hair smelling of strawberries. I mean, something about the way she looked, it just seemed fitting she'd smell like strawberries.

- Or sunshine.

- Or rainbows.

- Or pop punk.

- Yes, those are all smells.

- I can imagine Oli sniffing it a lot. I know I would.

- Aw, that's cute that they splash through puddles. It shows that not only do they have a deep love for each other, they're not afraid to act like kids sometimes.

- I'd like to think they danced in the rain once. Once again seems like something they'd do.

- Oh, Oli. You're so sweet. Making Hayley tea and giving her bread and stuff. Gotta enjoy the little things.

- I have bread. I should cut myself a piece, but I don't want to leave the laptop. Bread will have to wait.

- Another headcanon I have for this is that they both have matching mugs. Or the kind of mugs that you customize with sharpies.

- He tells her stories. Seriously, stop being so sweet, Oli. And just picturing both of them all up in the blanket and cuddling just makes me go aw all over again.

- I hope to one day meet a guy that would do that. We wouldn't need phones, we wouldn't need internet, or tv. We'd have stories.

- I kept on telling the story, even after I knew you had fallen asleep. Oh god, after knowing the ending, rereading this line just gives it a whole different meaning and I'm trying not to roll on the floor and sob again.

- WELL, THEY'RE MORE THAN JUST A SUMMER ROMANCE, SO IN YOUR FACE.

- HOLD ONTO HER AND NEVER LET GO OLI. I'D BE MORE STUBBORN TO KEEP HER, TOO.

- Oh, no. It's come to the part. The one part.

- THE PART WHEN SHE COMES HOME TO HIM DRUNK.

- CRIESSSSSSSSSSSS. GETTING MY TISSUES READY.

- “I---you. . .where did you go?” Tears blurred my vision as I tried in vain to blink them away, a knot forming in my throat at the struggle. “I went to the garden and Ms. May said you went out with a bunch of boxes, I’d thought you were leaving m---” The most heartbreaking part about this is that the main reason he was drunk was because for the period Hayley was gone, HE THOUGHT SHE WAS GONE FOREVER.

- HE THOUGHT SHE LEFT HIM AND THAT DEVASTATED HIM SO MUCH THAT HE GOT DRUNK AND MESSED UP THE HOUSE A LITTLE.

- But all she was doing was being an amazing and loving person and giving some of her things to the homeless shelter.

- You go, Hayley.

- “I’m your mess though, right?”

- “Of course, Oli.”

- My. Favorite. Lines. If you want me to describe how I see Hayliver in two lines, these are it. They may not have the most perfect relationship, they may be two completely different people, they both may be damaged in their own ways, but they're there for each other, no matter what.

- OH. NO. NO. NO.

- IT'S THE OTHER PART.

- THE PART THAT REQUIRES ME TO DOUBLE THE TISSUES.

- I'M NOT READY.

- Oh my god, Oli quick run to her and help her, she needs you. SHE'S ON THE GROUND IN PAIN. HOLD ON HAYLEY, OLI WILL SAVE YOU.

- She passed out oh my god, I need more tissues. Just. Sob.

- “She doesn’t have much time to live, Mr. Sykes." GOD FUCKING DAMMIT, I JUST GOT STABBED IN THE HEART. WHAT DO YOU MEAN SHE DOESN'T HAVE MUCH TIME TO LIVE.

- THAT'S A PUNCH IN THE FACE. YOU KNOW HOW I GOT STABBED? WELL NOW YOU'RE TURNING THE KNIFE AND PULLING IT OUT AND DOING IT ALL OVER AGAIN. AND LAUGHING AT MY PAIN.

- HAYLEY. NO. THERE'S A TIME AND A PLACE TO DIE, BUT THIS AIN'T IT.

- But but but. Hayley loves tending to the garden. First you tell him she's only got six months to live and now you're saying she can't even do what she loves.

- I...I can't. These tissues aren't doing shit.

- I could never return to the house or garden after you left me, Hayley.

- YOU HEAR THAT. THAT'S THE SOUND OF THE KNIFE PIERCING MY BODY AGAIN.

- And after reading this numerous times, I now picture Oli telling this whole story while standing in front of Hayley's grave. Still telling her stories because he loves her so much and it hurts.

- That just makes me even more soaked with tears. Actually, I'm drowning in my own tears.

- Get the boat. There's a flood.

- We're gonna need a bigger boat.

- Get two of each animal.

- MY TEARS ARE GONNA PUT THE WHOLE WORLD UNDERWATER. FORGET ALL THAT GLOBAL WARMING SHIT. MY TEARS ARE GONNA BE THE REAL CAUSE.

- I will always remember our story.

- WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME.

- YOU SEE WHAT YOU'VE DONE RIANNE.

- AND NOW I'M LISTENING TO "KISS YOU GOODNIGHT" BY MEG AND DIA AND THIS SONG FITS THE STORY SO PERFECTLY.

- CRYING EVEN MORE.

- AND CLAPPING AT THE SAME TIME BECAUSE THIS FIC GOT ME FEELING SOME TYPA WAY.

But really, this story is still amazing no matter how many times I read it. Rianne always says she doesn't deserve all the credit Jacqui and I give her, but honestly? We don't give her enough credit. She's an amazing writer. Check out all her works right now. GO.

So that's my first live blog! My next one is gonna be Heartbreaker, which I might do later tonight 'cause I have a four day weekend. Yaaaas. Hope my pain was somewhat entertaining to all you guys.

Deuces.
February 14th, 2014 at 06:05am