Fic Live Blog: Pressing Flowers

ALIYA'S LIVE BLOG. Less emotional damage this time. Yay!

So what's a live blog, you ask?
I'm doing live blogs of fics because there have been a lot of amazing ones I've read. So I'm gonna be posting my reactions as I read them because I think it'll be fun, it gives me an excuse to read these fics again and I'm also showing you that you should check out these fics as well because they're just so beautiful.

My other live blogs
Seasons
Heartbreaker
The Rushing of the Water
Come and Go
Sincerely Lovesick
Tides [Pt. 1]
Tides [Pt. 2]
Tides [Pt. 3]
The Band Shippers Vigilante Coalition
Daydream
From States Away
Starry Skyline
Try to Take Us Down
Sunday
Oh
Just Hold Me

Doing a story that's 100% happiness for this live blog. I'm gonna be live blogging Pressing Flowers yet another Hayliver from the amazing Jacqui. After reading her last one—you know, the one that killed me a thousand times—she followed up with this one, which is about Hayley and Oli being happy and living together and expecting their first child. Not only that, but Hayley's shown to have this little hobby of pressing flowers. It's shorter, but sweet and makes me smile. It repairs my emotions and it's great.
PRESSING FLOWERS

- This live blog might be shorter since the story's so short, but there will still be a lot of caps. Giving you a heads up.

- Once again, Jacqui makes these characters her own and it's beautiful. Just sayin'.

- And like all the other fics, I associate a song with this one. For this fic, I have Interpol's "No I in Threesome".

- Okay, even though the title seems off-putting, listen to the song. It's beautiful and because of the way the tone is, I don't think it's really about a threesome. I think it's about having a baby and since I'm so set on that interpretation, I see it fitting this song.

- But that's just me.

- I imagine their house having a nice little porch swing. And I like to think Hayley and Oli spend most nights sitting on it while wrapped up in a blanket.

- AH, PREGNANT HAYLEY.

- CAN YOU IMAGINE HOW ADORABLE SHE WOULD LOOK.

- JUST BECAUSE SHE'S SHORT AND WADDLING. I JUST THINK SHE'D BE CUTE.

- IMAGINE HER WADDLING. LIKE A PENGUIN.

- ADORABLE PREGNANT WADDLING PENGUIN HAYLEY.

- WITH POCKETS OF MYSTERY.

- I also think of her as being one of those women who don't look pregnant from behind.

- Like imagine a guy only seeing her back and he has no idea she's carrying a baby.

- He'd be all "Hey, baby, you're really pre-"

- But then she'd turn around and WHOA. She has a big belly.

- And he'd finished his sentence like, "PREGNANT. YOU'RE REALLY PREGNANT."

- Hahaha, my mind thinks of funny things sometimes. Okay, back to the story.

- Oliver smiled as he saw her; he couldn't help himself. Aww, he's so in love with her and it's just so sweet.

- Now I'm imagining how the whole nine months must've been for the both of them. Like Hayley having morning sickness and all these mood swings and Oli doing the best he could for her. Not to mention, the weird cravings.

- Hayley's moody now, but it's okay because the lovely flowers will make it all better.

- Not gonna lie, they'd make me feel better, too. Flowers are pretty. But instead of pressing them, I'd probably try to make a flower crown 'cause I'm that kind of person.

- Though since they're real flowers, they wouldn't last. So pressing them seems like a better idea.

- I wonder what else is in her pockets. Oli considers them "never ending pockets of mystery".

- Do you think she has hair dye in one of them.

- Great Expectations Oh, my heart.

- This story makes me want to press flowers myself. It seems so interesting and so pretty and I just feel like doing it now.

- Gotta add that to my list of things to do before I die.

- Running down the inside of her leg was a wet substance.

- WET SUBSTANCE. WE ALL KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS.

- HER WATER BROKE. AHH. THE BABY.

- "Oli," she murmured, reaching back to grab his hand and squeezing his fingers tightly when he obliged.
"Yeah, Hayley?"
"Please take me to the hospital." She whispered.


- And she whispers it so calmly. Like, I wouldn't be able to do that. I'd be freaking out. I'd be forreal freaking out.

- TAKE ME TO THE HOSPITAL NOW.

- And now I just imagine how her birth must've went. You know, her being told to push while squeezing Oli's hand and yelling at him saying things like "I HATE YOU. YOU DID THIS TO ME. GO AWAY."

- Then he'd try to go away, only for her to squeeze his hand even harder and yell, "DON'T LEAVE ME. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT."

- Oh, labor. How fun you must be.

- Now karma's gonna hit me and watch my labor end up being long and irritating.

- AND IT'S A BOY. YAY.

- Jesus, Oli. Calm down before you fall down the stairs. The baby is sleeping dammit.

- CAN I JUST SAY I LOVE THAT THE BABY'S NAME IS SCOTT. OH AND HOW HIS HAIR'S LIKE OLI'S. JUST. THE THOUGHT OF A MINI OLI JUST WARMS MY HEART.

- Do you think if they had a girl, they'd name her Nicole? You know, 'cause that's Hayley's middle name and Scott is Oli's, so would it be like that or.

- And like what if the little girl ended up being born with orange hair since Hayley dyes her hair so much.

- Well now we know what their second child would look like.

- I love it when Oli says "Sorry, love." Sweetness overload. My teeth are rotting.

- Yay, the flowers are ready!

- Oliver didn't hear her however, he was too busy admiring the bundle in his arms.

- JACQUI ALWAYS LIKES TO MAKE HER LAST LINES HIT ME RIGHT IN THE FEELS. BUT THAT'S OKAY BECAUSE THESE ARE GOOD FEELS AND I LIKE BEING HIT BY GOOD FEELS.

- I also associate the song "Hysteric" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs with it. That song just has such a tone that matches this story in my opinion.

- This was so short, but I still love this story. I love to read it over and over. Of course, that's how it is with all of Jacqui's stories.

- Hayley and Oli are perfect.

- I seriously love this ship.

Never gets old. So that's the nice little fic that mends my shredded heart after the other Hayliver's I've live blogged. Of course, my warm fuzzies are going to have to be put aside soon because I'm about to watch The Walking Dead, which means I gotta get into zombie killing mode. Anyway, next one I'm doing is Come and Go by the awesome author that is Nikko (aka heroes.). It's going to be another happy story and it's a long one, so stay tuned for that!

Love you all. Have a nice day!

Deuces.
February 17th, 2014 at 08:08am