Fic Live Blog: Tides [Pt. 1]

IT'S BAAAAAACK. Blogs on blogs on blogs.

So what's a live blog, you ask?
I'm doing live blogs of fics because there have been a lot of amazing ones I've read. So I'm gonna be posting my reactions as I read them because I think it'll be fun, it gives me an excuse to read these fics again and I'm also showing you that you should check out these fics as well because they're just so beautiful.

My other live blogs
Seasons
Heartbreaker
The Rushing of the Water
Pressing Flowers
Come and Go
Sincerely Lovesick
Tides [Pt. 2]
Tides [Pt. 3]
The Band Shippers Vigilante Coalition
Daydream
From States Away
Starry Skyline
Try to Take Us Down
Sunday
Oh
Just Hold Me

Okay, we got a BIG live blog here. I'm going to be liveblogging Tides by Shay (aka ptvjamie). It's an Oleever fic and I just have to say, this is a lovely and beautiful pairing. Probably one of my favorite slash pairings. Anyway, the story's about Oli and Lee getting together through the tracks of Sempiternal, which means there's a total of 14 chapters. It's amazing. Since it's longer than the other fics I've live blogged, I'm splitting this one into parts. So for this one, I'm doing chapters 1-5.

Let's get this started, shall we?
TIDES: CHAPTER 1

- Oh, shit. Oli's angry, which means everyone needs to run and hide before he destroys the whole place. Or strangle you to death. Or strangle you and then use your dead body to destroy the whole place.

- Because Tom's just badass like that. Either that or it's a younger sibling thing. I'm always the right one who knows things when it comes to my older sister and I. Because I'm a boss-ass bitch.

- Tom is a boss-ass bitch.

- Oli is just a bitch.

- I still love you, Oli. Don't strangle me please.

- Mothers know all. You just can't escape their wisdom. I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND.

- When I become a mother, I'm gonna be the complete opposite. I'll be all, "wait you have friends like what".

- Besides, Lee has a girlfriend. Lee is straight. Lee is the guitarist of the band, the one everyone hears after they’ve made it past Oli’s voice, and what is he going to do if Lee feels uncomfortable around him and leaves the band? He’s not Curtis or Jona, they can’t just get away with replacing him like they have in the past.

- You just can't replace Lee. You just can't. HE'S IRREPLACEABLEEEEE. I was about to sing Beyonce, but then I remembered that that song doesn't fit. So nevermind. Don't talk to me.

- But you are very wrong about Lee being straight. And you are very wrong about him being uncomfortable. HE LOVES YOU. HE LOVES YOU MORE THAN ANYONE.

- ENTER LEE.

- GET OFF YOUR PHONE. OLI IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN ELECTRONICS.

- Omg is that a used condom. Why would you put that on the table that's not sanitary like no thanks I'll just eat on the floor because just no.

- What if it was magnum.

- Oli should’ve sewn his mother up after he was born.

- OMG THAT PART ALWAYS MAKES ME LAUGH. BECAUSE I JUST PICTURED THAT AND LIKE HIS MOM WOULD'VE BEEN LIKE, "OLI WHAT ARE YOU DOING THIS IS WEIRD".

- AND OLI WOULD JUST RESPOND "I AM SOLVING EVERYONE'S PROBLEMS, MUM. NO NEED TO THANK ME".

- BUT EVEN IF YOU DO THAT OLI YOU CAN'T STOP TOM FROM BEING BORN. HE'D JUST COME OUT AND BE ALL, "AIN'T NOBODY GONNA HOLD ME BACK, BITCH".

- “I never said I wanted to talk to you." Yeahh, but you should've and Tom was gettin' real tired of your shit so he decided to do what you couldn't do. JUST TALK TO LEE GODDAMMIT.

- See, he wants to stay. This is why you need to tell him your real feelings before I jump into the story and tell him myself.

- Thing are not good with Hannah because HE LOVES YOU, LEE. THINGS ARE GOOD WITH LEE. THINGS ARE ALWAYS GOOD WITH LEE.

- “You shouldn’t be. It’s really not your fault I’m in love with you,” he breathes.

- SCREAMS INTERNALLY. IN A GLASS CASE OF EMOTION. THAT BREAKS FROM THE INTERNAL SCREAMING.

- FINALLY.

- Oh god and Lee's like speechless and he's wondering why he took so long to tell him. Seriously, why did it take so long, Oli. WHY. Poor Lee has been after you all these years and he had no idea and you were pretty much breaking his heart without even realizing it.

- NOT A BIG DEAL. NOT A BIG DEAL.

- YOU ARE SO LUCKY I'M NOT IN THIS STORY BECAUSE I WOULD'VE SMACKED YOU UP, OLI. I WOULD'VE BROUGHT OUT MY INNER RATCHET 'CAUSE AW HELL NO.

- HE'S BEEN IN LOVE WITH YOU AND ALL THESE YEARS YOU NEVER TOLD HIM. THIS IS A PRETTY BIG DEAL.

- YOU KNOW SOMETHING'S WRONG IF LEE IS ANGRY. POOR LEE IS ANGRY.

- GETTIN' REAL TIRED OF YOUR SHIT, OLI.

- “You listen. This wasn’t something you just get to keep to yourself. This… Fuck, Oli. I’m going out.”

- And now crying because I could feel the pain in Lee's voice. He needs a hug.

- HE LEFT AND THAT WAS YOUR CUE TO GO AFTER HIM.

- ASDFGHJLHUEWYUTDFYGDJKKBFAAKNLRBF YOU DID EVERYTHING WRONG. JUST REALLY.

TIDES: CHAPTER 2:

- Add me to that list: "Aliya gets real tired of his shit." And that does not end here. No, it does not.

- Except when Oli is a fucktard and hides things from everyone else for reasons that are admirable but, in the grand scheme of things, are so fucking stupid Lee just wants to punch him.

- YES. GET IN LINE, LEE. I'M PUNCHING HIM FIRST.

- Guyliner. Man, those were the days.

- Preeetttyy sure everyone BUT those two saw it. YOU GUYS SHOULD'VE JUST HOOKED UP A LONG TIME AGO GOD. UGH.

- “And you solve nothing by sitting out here and bitching about it. Why not say all of this to him? Why didn’t you say any of this to him? I honestly thought you’d be happy.”

- I like how Tom is kinda the audience surrogate. By that, I mean, he's basically like us, the readers, and is doing what we wanna do in the story. He's telling Lee and Oli to stop being stupid and just tell each other how they really feel because if they feel the same way, there's no point in hiding it. So yeah, go Tom!

- Let's just be best friends, Tom.

- HE'S NOT HAPPY BECAUSE OLI TOOK TOO FUCKING LONG TO TELL HIM.

- WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T DO THAT LEE OF COURSE YOU CAN.

- “I’d fuck him. Y’know, if there wasn’t that whole issue of blood relation.”

- OH, TOM. STOP MAKING ME LAUGH. REALLY CAN WE BE BEST FRIENDS. THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

- Oh yeah, he's still with Hannah. Well, we need to fix that.

- OLI CAN TAKE LEE AND I'LL JUST TAKE HANNAH. See, problem solved. Everyone will be happy.

- Well, in my opinion, they're ruining it by not doing anything. Just sayin'.

- GO TO HIM LEE. GO GET YO MAAANNNNN.

TIDES: CHAPTER 3

- ONE OF MY FAVORITE CHAPTERS.

- He bumped his shoulder against his.

- Can you feel the sexual tension, Oli.

-Can you feel it.

- Of course he's not angry. He fucking loves you, idiot.

- AHHH. THEY'RE HOLDING HANDS. Yes, it's new but I like it because instead of being all awkward, they choose to hold hands and it's just great.

- Aww, Oli is cold. Lee isn't because he's got the hoodie and the beanie. There's also the fact that he's pretty much the coolest thing there, so the weather ain't got nothin on him. NOTHING.

- That's the best thing about holding hands. Feeling their warmth. Unless they got clammy hands, then I don't know if I'd like to hold their hands because that's just ew. Do you think either of them has clammy hands.

- I bet Oli does.

- LEE SHOULD'VE JUST PUT THE HOODIE OVER HIS SHOULDERS. THAT WOULD'VE BEEN SO ADORABLE.

- Just take the damn hoodie.

- AND OLI PUTS HIS ARMS AROUND HIM AND RESTS HIS CHIN ON HIS SHOULDER. THE BEST PART IS THAT HE DOESN'T CARE IF ANYONE SAW BECAUSE IT'S NICE.

- IT'S MORE THAN NICE. IT'S MELTING MY HEART.

- AND THEN LEE WRAPS HIS ARMS AROUND HIM, TOO. AND THEY'RE BOTH WARM. JUST STAY LIKE THAT FOREVER AND BE WARM FOREVER.

- I'm jealous of that hoodie. Getting all that action. Dayumm.

- No girl, no matter how pretty or perfect, has ever been able to match up, and he's had some good ones. SJ. Amanda. Hannah.

- AND ME. DON'T FORGET ME.

- But none of them were ever or can ever be what Lee is to him.

- INCLUDING ME. BELIEVE IT OR NOT. I'M FINE WITH THAT. LEE IS THE BEST.

- Just keep holding hands. Don't trip. Do what makes you happy, guys. Because I'm happy and all these feels and loveliness kenfqnbgjkq.

- Oh shit, it's Hannah. But still, don't let go of each other's hands. I WON'T LET YOU DO THAT. NOT ONE BIT.

- "Oli, why the hell are you holding hands with Lee?" QUICK RUN. RUN FAR AWAY OFF INTO THE SUNSET BECAUSE THAT SOUNDS BETTER THAN THE SITUATION THEY ARE ABOUT TO BE IN.

- Wait, is the sun even setting.

- WELL MY POINT STILL STANDS. RUN AWAY.

TIDES: CHAPTER 4:

- DON'T LOOK INTO HER EYES. But really, she has such beautiful round eyes and when I see her in pictures I'm like omg is she a real person or a doll because like really I'm so hypnotized.

- WHICH IS WHY DON'T LOOK AT THEM. SHE WILL HYPNOTIZE YOU.

- Hahahaha, Tom's just standing there all smiling. He's just like, "Yeahh, I made this happen. Go me. 'Cause I'm a boss-ass bitch."

- So much tension.

- And it's not sexual tension either. Which is bad.

- Ooh, Oli's sassiness. If he wasn't holding hands with Lee, he would be snapping them fingers. Amiright? Like, come on, he would.

- OLI DON'T HURT LEE. EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T MEAN TO BUT BE CAREFUL HIS HAND.

- Aww, Lee. But you can't run away from conflict. You gotta be able to stand up for yourself and not take anyone's shit. I believe in you, Lee. I belieeeeeeve.

- Uh, of course Hannah figured out because she's a girl. Girls figure these things out pretty quickly. Duhh.

- You know, this breakup wasn't as messy as one would expect. Like, sure there was some harshness, but it wasn't nasty. Like there was no throwing of things and no hitting, so it wasn't all bad. I like that it was like that.

- And just like that, Hannah's out. And Lee's in WHOOT.

- "I have no problem with starting over as long as I'm doing it with you."

- Excuse me as I just melt all over again. Goddammit, these two.

- BLUSH ALL YOU WANT, LEE. I DON'T MIND. OLI DOESN'T MIND. IT JUST MAKES YOU A THOUSAND TIMES MORE ADORABLE. FORGET THE GUY CODE.

- YES. IT'S ENOUGH. OR AT LEAST THE FIRST STEP. HE LOVES YOU LEE. I REFUSE TO LET YOU GUYS BE APART.

TIDES: CHAPTER 5

- OH HEY LOOK, I'VE GOTTEN TO THE CHAPTER THAT PUNCHES ME IN THE FACE.

- Ah, the mourning period. Don't think so much about her, Oli. You have Lee now and he's the one that makes you happy and you deserve each other and please just don't mourn. YOU HAVE LEE, REMEMBER.

- Oh, god it's the part when he starts yelling at Lee.

- LEE'S TRYING OKAY. THAT MAY NOT HAVE BEEN WHAT YOU WANTED BUT HE WANTED TO GIVE YOU SOME SPACE.

- Gahh, don't fight because my heart is breaking and I can't handle this and my feels are just spilling out.

- I WAS TOLD THIS WAS GOING TO BE AN EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER AND IT'S SO TRUE. THAT'S WHY I HAVE A BARF BAG. TO CATCH MY SPILLING EMOTIONS.

- That realization makes Oli stop, and Lee seems to realize something has changed because he stops, too, but the mistrust in his eyes is hard to ignore. So Oli swallows and takes a step forward, wrapping a hand around the back of Lee's neck to pull him forward. They haven't done this yet. Sort of strange considering they are together, but they haven't. And now he has time. Sucking in a soft breath, he pulls Lee up against him, noticing the sudden flash of vulnerability in Lee's eyes before bending his head and sealing their lips together.

- AND THEN I GO FROM SCREAMING TO FANGIRL SCREAMING BECAUSE YES. THE KISS AND THE EMOTIONS. AND THE BARF BAG. JUST I CAN'T HANDLE THIS.

- SHUT UP NICHOLLS. I NEED TO SEE IT. WE ALL NEED TO SEE THIS LOVELINESS.

- And once again, here comes Tom as the audience surrogate. Taking them pictures because admit it, we'd do that, too. I love Tom. Tom is my best friend.

- YES. SIT WITH YOUR BOYFRIEND AND ENJOY A MOVIE. BECAUSE YOU TWO SHOULD JUST BE HAPPY AND RELAX TOGETHER.

- THOUGH THAT'S NOT GONNA LAST, BUT WE'LL GET TO THAT LATER.

Okay, I need to take a break here. I'll do more later. In the meantime, go check out the fic yourself. It's amazing! But really, prepare yourself because it really is an emotional rollercoaster but it's so worth it and so great. So hope you enjoyed my live blog and stick around for the next part. :D

Deuces.
February 21st, 2014 at 10:49pm