Fic Live Blog: Try to Take Us Down

WELL THEN.

I’m supposed to be writing, but yeah. So looks like I’m doing another live blog and it’s because Nikko recently posted a story that needed to be live blogged and because she deserves one since it’s been a while since I’ve done one for her.

So what's a live blog, you ask?
I'm doing live blogs of fics because there have been a lot of amazing ones I've read. So I'm gonna be posting my reactions as I read them because I think it'll be fun, it gives me an excuse to read these fics again and I'm also showing you that you should check out these fics as well because they're just so beautiful.

My other live blogs
Seasons
Heartbreaker
The Rushing of the Water
Pressing Flowers
Come and Go
Sincerely Lovesick
Tides [Pt. 1]
Tides [Pt. 2]
Tides [Pt. 3]
The Band Shippers Vigilante Coalition
Daydream
From States Away
Starry Skyline
Sunday
Oh
Just Hold Me

Alright, so Nikko posted a new story called Try to Take Us Down and it won first place in Jacqui’s Paramore contest. I’ve been wanting to read what she had in mind for her entry and when she finally posted it, I got excited and immediately went to check it out. Now let me take the time to say I AM GOING TO BE HURTING MYSELF AGAIN THIS LIVE BLOG. Oh god, get ready to see my pain because what happens in this fic is just. Omg. It’s about the members of Paramore and the lovely Alex Gaskarth. I was not prepared for this fic. Now before I live blog, need to brace myself for what’s coming.

Which means, I need a big forcefield, a bulletproof vest, a shield, cushions to catch me when I fall, and a giant brick wall to hide behind. THOUGH I DOUBT ANY OF THIS STUFF WILL PROTECT ME. I AM NOT READY HELP.
TRY TO TAKE US DOWN

- Good guys rarely have calm nights.

- OH GOD HERE WE GO. WISH ME LUCK.

- The rules of the contest were that they were supposed to write a fic based around Paramore lyrics. Nikko chose lyrics from “Let the Flames Begin”.

- It’s in Hayley’s POV and she’s wondering if they’re considered good guys. Well, not really good guys, but they’re not bad either. More like anti-heroes.

- Hey, look, Nikko. A new username to use! *winkwink*

- Just kidding. I like your username right now. If you changed it, then me, Jacqui, and Rianne would freak out. Okay, maybe just me. I’m sure those two would be fine.

- They burnt down a clubhouse/hideout of a gang. LET THE FLAMES BEGIN. /references

- Aww, Taylor comforting Hayley. He would because he’s such a sweetie.

- Hayles, you shouldn’t feel bad because like Taylor said, they were bad guys and they deserved it because what they did was not acceptable.

- NOT. ACCEPTABLE.

- AT. ALL.

- THIS IS THE PART WHERE I STARTED CRYING. I ALREADY STARTED CRYING AND IT’S ONLY THE BEGINNING. STILL NOT READY NOPE NOT AT ALL.

- They know I was there when Zac took a bullet for his brother and Josh got a bullet to the head anyway. I was there to scream and cry and curse their names as I cradled those boys, my brothers. I was there to see the blood paint their skin and the light fade from their wide eyes.

- CRIES.

- ZAC AND JOSH ARE ALREADY DEAD. ZAC TRIED TO SAVE JOSH, SO HE TOOK A BULLET FOR HIM. BUT THEN JOSH GOT SHOT ANYWAY. SO ZAC’S SACRIFICE DIDN’T MEAN ANYTHING. AND JOSH. JOSH WATCHED HIS BROTHER DIE FOR HIM BEFORE DYING HIMSELF.

- YOU BOYS WERE TOO DAMN PRECIOUS FOR THIS GODFORSAKEN WORLD.

- WHOEVER KILLED THEM NEEDS TO BE CUT IN HALF AND FED TO WOLVES AND NAILED TO THE WALL WHERE I STAB THEM AND RIP OUT THEIR THROAT.

- Hayley wants revenge. I would gladly join her in her revenge.

- But there’s only one issue getting in the way of her doing it: guilt.

- Nooo don’t feel guilty Hayley. And you’re not weak, you’re just trying to retain your humanity.

- Taylor handles death badly, so she’s trying to be gentle. UM, TAYLOR DOESN’T HANDLE DEATH WELL. WHAT ABOUT ME. I AM CRYING TEARS OF EYELINER AND CURLING UP IN MY CHAIR. I CAN’T.

- And Alex is with them. He’s with Hayley, so it’s HAYLIVER BETRAYAL.

- Okay, I take that back. I love you, Nikko. It’s not a betrayal. I also like this pairing and I seriously have no room to talk because um hello look what I did.

- I snatch off the stupid red beanie he likes to wear every day, every hour, every minute, and toss it across the room.

- And every second, too. IT NEVER ENDS.

- I had to. Don’t punch me.

- Though I love Taylor’s red beanie. Him in beanies is just great because he’s so adorable.

- So right now, the mood’s a little bit happier. We see Hayley and Taylor being playful and then they go upstairs to find Alex and Jeremy hanging out like teenagers. Aww, my loves.

- But in stories like this, good things never last. RUN.

- I’M JUST GONNA ENJOY THE HAPPY TIMES UNTIL IT GETS TO THE MORE HEARTWRENCHING PARTS.

- He’s totally playing one of those indie horror games. You know, those ones where it’s hella dark and you’re just walking down these creepy halls until something POPS OUT AND SCREAMS AND YOUR HEART FUCKING STOPS.

- AND THEN YOU’RE STILL KINDA INTERESTED, SO YOU JUST KEEP PLAYING.

- Then in comes Taylor, jumping to land on either the pillow or Jeremy. Or both.

- Jeremy is the pillow. That’s his logic.

- Or my logic. Everyone needs to follow my logic.

- "I was all by myself down there!"

- Considering how things are messed up and dangerous where they live, Taylor’s reason was pretty damn rational.

- And before you ask, yes jumping on Jeremy was necessary.

- Yes, turn that off because Taylor doesn’t like indie horror games. My poor baby getting scared by those stupid jump scares and stuff. That’s that shit he don’t like.

- Ooh and now Alex and Hayley are ~alone~ in the bathroom. Now do the making out.

- Alright, I know the conversation’s more important than hair but if I were Hayles I’d be all bothered by it. Like I’d keep looking at his hair in his eye until he fixed it. He’d probably have to repeat what he said because I’d just be all, “Dude just can you repeat that I was too busy looking at your hair like fix that shit it’s in the way”.

- Thing One and Thing Two. Dammit, I ended up laughing but then I remembered they’re dead and my laughing turned into crying. My crying sounded weird after that.

- THEY LOVED THEM, DAMMIT. WE ALL DID. INCLUDING ME. FUCK THESE TEARS.

- Hayley’s so conflicted on how she’d react if the guy who killed them died. First she’d be happy but she’d also feel horrible. NO HE DESERVES IT. THAT GUY IS ON MY KILL LIST.

- I believe I just admitted that I have a kill list. Well.

- IT BECAME RIGHT WHEN THAT BASTARD KILLED ZAC AND JOSH.

- YES, HAYLEY. FUCK HIM.

- And then they kiss and I like how it’s not full on romantic. She admits that he tastes like Cheetos, which I wouldn’t mind. Actually, yeah I would. Then she’s all shit boy you better not get any on my clothes because I’m wearing white and that’s that shit I don’t like.

- I always end up getting a stain on my shirt whenever I wear white.

- And I always try to be careful but then everything else is like ha no we’re getting your shirt dirty.

- Now you know why I always wear black.

- He moves away from me, turns and opens the cabinets. Why is he going in there? Holy fuck, he's going to shoot me. He's a traitor. I find a boyfriend and he wants to kill me.

- Omg I love her freaking out right here. She’s like shit shit am I gonna die ‘cause ain’t nobody got time for that.

- But no, he’s not gonna kill her. HE’S GONNA PROPOSE.

- AHHHHHHH.

- THIS WAS THE HAPPIEST MOMENT IN THE FIC.

- AND ARGUABLY THE SADDEST, TOO. AT THE SAME TIME. BUT WE’LL GET TO THAT LATER.

- Either he stole it or he did some Walking Dead shit and took it from a dead body, we don’t know.

- Or hey, he could’ve bought it. Either way, HE LOVED YOU ENOUGH TO GET A RING.

- HE LIKED IT. SO HE PUT A RING ON IT.

- That’s the most beautiful proposal ever in my opinion. He knows the situation they’re in and he’s aware what could happen and he’s letting her know that as long as he knows she’s his and only his for however long they live, then he’s complete.

- Hayley’s twenty-two. Do you realize I now have to say the references.

- I’M FEELING TWENTY-TWO.

- OR CONSIDERING WHAT’S GONNA HAPPEN IN THIS FIC...

- TWENTY-TWO IS LIKE THE WORST IDEA THAT I HAVE EVER HAD.

- OUCH. THAT LYRIC HURTS NOW. IT’S NOT SUPPOSED TO BUT NOW IT DOES.

- It’s more than okay. She loves you, idiot.

- SHE’S YOUR RIDE OR DIE WHETHER YOU FAIL OR FLY.

- Somebody tie me up before I use another reference.

- Ugh, then the boys gotta ruin the moment. Also, how long were they standing outside the door. I imagine them just listening through the door the whole time.

- Alex wanted their blessing, of course. Aww, that’s so sweet and he wasn’t sure if it was a good idea and ALEX I LOVE YOU OKAY.

- Which is why I feel bad for the pain I’m putting you through right now, but yeah.

- SPEAKING OF PAIN. THIS STORY.

- But no we’re focusing on the happy right now. Back to the happy because it’s nice.

- Jeremy’s always the mature one. What with his words of wisdom and sweetness.

- I bet you when Alex showed them the ring, Jeremy was probably all I CALLED IT. Because Jeremy’s a genius. Like Dan and Tom.

- They totally earned it. My babies deserve happiness.

- BUT. BUT. BUT. LATER.

- Then they go to make pizza because all this romance is making them hungry. So Taylor and Jeremy race downstairs and TAYLOR FALLS. I CAN JUST IMAGINE HIM ROLLING DOWN THE STAIRS LIKE SHIT FUCK WHY DID I DO THIS. WHO’S IDEA WAS IT TO RACE.

- And Jeremy’s all like HA I WIN TURN DOWN FOR WHAT.

- NIKKO AGREES. HAYLEY IS ASSOCIATED WITH STRAWBERRIES.

- STRAWBERRIES IS NOW FOREVER CONSIDERED A HAYLEYISM.

- I mean, seriously. I imagine Hayley liking strawberry scented stuff. Like lip gloss, shampoo, hairspray...

- Damn they be hella prepared tho. They got guns on guns on guns. But hey, better to have all those guns and not need them than have no guns at all and need them.

- Gotta be prepared at all times. Sleep with one eye open.

- They can barely relax because gunshots are all outside and every once in a while they gotta duck and avoid bullets. CAN’T THEY JUST HAVE A NICE NIGHT AND ENJOY THEIR PIZZA.

- PLEASE. STUPID GANGS SHOOTING UP THE STREETS AND SHIT. DAMMIT, THIS IS WHY WE CAN’T HAVE NICE THINGS.

- QUICK. TURN OFF THE LIGHT. TURN IT OFF.

- JUST TURN IT OFF IN ALL MY SPITE.

- ANOTHER REFERENCE. WHERE’S THE ROPE.

- SHIT. A BULLET GOES THROUGH THE WINDOW RED ALERT. GET THE GETAWAY CAR. OFF TO THE SUNSET. LET’S GO.

- Then they go back to normal. Because it’s happened so many times and they’re used to it. My poor babies dealing with this violence.

- Music’s on now to lift their spirits and now I’m thinking of what could be playing.

- I imagine The Cure. Just because that band is true to their name and makes you feel better with their amazing lyrics.

- I’LL NEED TO LISTEN TO THEM AFTER I’M DONE WITH THIS FIC THAT’S GOING TO DESTROY ME.

- Jeremy’s watching videos (I bet it’s Vine) on his phone. Taylor and Alex are running all over the place playing tag. Yep, just your normal adults.

- What’s my age again?

- SERIOUSLY. SOMEBODY TIE ME UP. STOP ME. I AM OUT OF CONTROL WITH THESE REFERENCES.

- Hayley doesn’t believe she’ll live long enough to get married. She thinks she won’t make it and Jeremy’s just assuring her that she will.

- “You'll make it to your wedding day. And, like, a million years after that. So don't worry about it.”

- OH NO.

- TEMPTING FATE, JEREMY. TEMPTING. FATE. YOU DON’T SAY THAT IN A STORY LIKE THIS.

- THAT’S LIKE PEOPLE SAYING “I’LL BE RIGHT BACK” IN HORROR MOVIES.

- NO, JEREMY. NO. I LOVE YOU AND YOUR WORDS OF WISDOM BUT THOSE AREN’T WORDS OF WISDOM. THEY ARE WORDS OF FORESHADOWING. OF BAD THINGS YET TO COME.

- Way to go, Taylor. You just made Jeremy burn his hand and ouch I can imagine the pain because burning your hand on the oven sucks.

- JUST GONNA STAND THERE AND WATCH ME BURN.

- I really need to stop.

- But that’s alright because Jeremy doesn’t like the way it hurts.

- Who would. Besides Rihanna.

- They are such kids, I swear. You gotta love them. But of course, this makes everything more heartbreaking now that I think about it.

- Even the couch has guns. They are prepared as fuck. Like shit, you guys are badasses.

- Alex is deep into the show. Hayley is deep into him. They’re in too deep.

- And they’re trying to keep up above in their heads instead of going under.

- I give up on trying to stop myself from making references. Just. Expect more as this live blog goes on.

- Jeremy’s not with Kat in this story. Excuse me while I cry because they’re such a perfect couple and like ugh my heart.

- Hayley’s all happy to be with them. She’s so content and wishes her life was like that all the time because moments like that are what keep her going.

- AND IT’S THE LAST HAPPY MOMENT. LAST. HAPPY. MOMENT.

- THIS IS THE END OF ALL THE HAPPY STUFF.

- NOW IT’S ON TO THE PAIN. I AM NOT READY.

- GETTING THE BRICK WALL, SHIELD, FORCEFIELD, BULLETPROOF VEST, AND CUSHIONS.

- I SHOULD GET HOT COCOA TOO.

- It’s later on in the night and Alex wakes up Hayley because some serious shit is going on right now.

- Our perfect night is over.

- OH GOD. HERE IT COMES. IT’S COMING. NOT READY.

- Quick, get dressed and go downstairs. Your friends need you because that stupid gang is here for revenge.

- WELL GOOD. I’M GLAD THEY KILLED HIM BECAUSE THAT MOTHERFUCKER KILLED THE FARRO BABIES AND MOMMA ALIYA AIN’T HAPPY ABOUT THAT.

- SO THEN ALEX AND HAYLEY KISS AND THEN GO DOWNSTAIRS TO FUCK THEM UP.

- Jeremy ain’t taking anybody’s shit. He’s there like a badass and they know they shouldn’t cross him. At all.

- AND A SHOOTOUT ENSUES. SHIT. GET YOUR WEAPONS. GOGOGO.

- HAYLEY BEING A BOSS-ASS BITCH SHOOTS AN ASSHOLE IN THE STOMACH AND THE BACK. LIKE NO, YOU DO NOT TOUCH HAYLEY NICOLE WILLIAMS.

- BUT WHEN SHE GETS TO THE LIVING ROOM. IT HAPPENS.

- THE FIRST PART THAT PUNCHES ME IN THE FACE.

- JEREMY. GETS. SHOT.

- SWEET. LOVABLE. WISE. JEREMY. GETS SHOT.

- AND THIS IS WHERE I START LOSING IT. NO. NO. HE WAS THE MOST HOPEFUL AND HE GETS HIT FIRST. I CAN’T HANDLE THIS. WHAT IS HAPPENING.

- HE’S IN A BETTER PLACE. YOU WERE TOO PRECIOUS FOR THIS WORLD AS WELL, JEREMY.

- Hayley gets shot and that’s when Alex loses his shit and goes to defend her.

- Ride or die, defending his girl. Alex, you are amazing.

- BUT. NO.

- NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO

- IT GETS WORSE. SO MUCH WORSE AND WHERE ARE THE TISSUES.

- ALEX GETS STABBED IN THE FUCKING HEART.

- NOT OKAY. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT TO ME. MY EMOTIONS. THAT IS A KICK IN THE RIBS AND I AM IN PAIN.

- DEEP EMOTIONAL PAIN.

- "I told you, Jeremy," I whisper, shaking. "I fucking told you we wouldn't live long enough!"

- I AM SOBBING. UGLY CRYING AND HUGGING MYSELF BECAUSE SHE SAID THEY WOULDN’T LIVE LONG ENOUGH AND SHE DIDN’T WANT TO BE RIGHT BUT SHE ENDED UP BEING RIGHT AND IT’S TOO MUCH.

- THE SAME NIGHT HE PROPOSES TO HER. OUCH NIKKO. OUCH.

- I NEED HUGS FROM YOU GUYS AGAIN.

- And her and Taylor are crying because they lost two more people and I just want to save them from all this misery because my babies. MY BABIES.

- AND THE PAIN IS NOT DONE. BECAUSE SOON SOMETHING ELSE HAPPENS AND I SCREAMED SO LOUD BECAUSE NO. THIS IS KILLING ME.

- TAYLOR GETS SHOT, TOO. AND HE DIES HOLDING HAYLEY’S HAND AND SHE SAYS HIS NAME BUT HE DOESN’T RESPOND BECAUSE HE’S GONE.

- NO. YOU CAN’T BE GONE.

- JEREMY. ALEX. TAYLOR. NO. THERE’S A TIME AND A PLACE TO DIE AND THIS AIN’T IT.

- I KNOW THAT’S A REFERENCE BUT FUCK I AM CRYING. YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO SAY THAT, TOO.

- THEY’RE ALL GONE. ALL OF THE PEOPLE SHE CARES ABOUT ARE GONE.

- AND THAT’S IT. HAYLEY’S DONE. THAT’S THE FINAL STRAW. SHE IS FUCKING DONE BECAUSE SHE HAS NOBODY NOW AND SHE’S TAKING ALL OF THEM DOWN BECAUSE SHE’S REACHED HER BREAKING POINT.

- YOU MOTHERFUCKERS ARE ALL DEAD.

- And I know this fic’s based around “Let the Flames Begin” but this part where Hayley’s killing all of them, I think of “Part II” because it’s darker and the lyrics suit this scene better.

- I'll be lost until you find me fighting on my own in a war that's already been won.

- SEE DOESN’T THAT FIT. SHE’S ON HER OWN NOW. SHE’S ALONE AND SHE’S FIGHTING UNTIL THE END.

- She shoots the guy who killed Alex in the heart and the other guy is burning down the place but she kills him, too. THEY ALL DESERVE THIS. SHE SHOULD’VE SHOT THEM UNTIL THEIR BODIES WERE COMPLETELY MUTILATED BECAUSE THEY KILLED MY BABIES.

- Then the last thing she does is put them all near the couch and she lays against Alex while the place continues to burn. She doesn’t want to live without them, so she doesn’t try to escape. She just wants to be with all her boys until the end and I am crying so hard right now because that’s so fucking sad I just can’t.

- She just lets herself die in the fire with them.

- If you let me, I will catch fire to let your glory and mercy shine.

- PART II FITS THIS SO WELL AND I AM FALLING. MY HEART IS BREAKING INTO PIECES AND THOSE PIECES ARE TURNING INTO DUST.

- God, please take care of them. And if it's not too much, please take care of me.

- OH LORD I AM SLIPPING AWAY. I AM FALLING AND I DOUBT THESE CUSHIONS WILL SAVE ME FROM THE PAIN. I AM ALREADY CRYING AND LOSING IT. I NEED TO BE CAUGHT. HELP ME.

- OF COURSE GOD WILL TAKE CARE OF ALL OF YOU. YOU ALL DESERVE TO BE REUNITED IN HEAVEN BECAUSE YOU WERE TOO GOOD FOR THIS SINFUL EARTH. MY BABIES ARE ALL GONE.

- DROWNING. DROWNING FOREVER IN FEELS.

- I WILL DROWN UNTIL YOU CARE.

- IT WAS SUPPOSED TO RAIN TODAY, BUT DON’T WORRY. MY TEARS ARE DOING THAT JOB AND THE WHOLE UNIVERSE, YES THE WHOLE UNIVERSE, IS GOING TO BE UNDERWATER.

- EXCUSE ME WHILE I CURL UP IN A BALL AND CRY FOREVER UNTIL MY HEART IS HEALED.

...Okay. Well, there you have it. My live blog of Nikko’s amazing story. I am still trying to recover from this fic and lucky Shay has found a way to heal my heart. I’m also going to heal hearts (kinda) with my new Melex that should be posted today or tomorrow. But in the meantime, go read this story because you’ll also see why she won first place. She deserved it and she deserves this live blog. Hope you enjoyed seeing me get kicked in the ribs, then given a Chelsea smile, then getting my tongue split, then my throat slit, and finally my whole body stuffed into the freezer.

If anybody needs me, I’ll be crying and cuddling with SuperJosh because he always makes everything better and I need him more than ever now.

Image

Deuces.
April 22nd, 2014 at 10:17pm