Fic Live Blog: From States Away

Because Aliya can’t sleep, so I thought why not do another live blog? Might as well because you guys know you all enjoy reading them and laughing at my pain and slowly decreasing sanity. So another live blog it is.

So what's a live blog, you ask?
I'm doing live blogs of fics because there have been a lot of amazing ones I've read. So I'm gonna be posting my reactions as I read them because I think it'll be fun, it gives me an excuse to read these fics again and I'm also showing you that you should check out these fics as well because they're just so beautiful.

My other live blogs
Seasons
Heartbreaker
The Rushing of the Water
Pressing Flowers
Come and Go
Sincerely Lovesick
Tides [Pt. 1]
Tides [Pt. 2]
Tides [Pt. 3]
The Band Shippers Vigilante Coalition
Daydream
Starry Skyline
Try to Take Us Down
Sunday
Oh
Just Hold Me

So the lovely story I’m going to be live-blogging tonight is going to be From States Away by the amazingly talented Rianne. It’s a Hayliver and it is absolutely wonderful. She was aiming for a fluffy fic, but ended up with a different result that turned out the be the best result ever. Not gonna lie, when she first told us all about it, I was fearing for what might happen to me because I had a feeling that I would be badly hurt, but I wasn’t. I was simply blown away. though that’s no surprise considering who the author is like hello Also, she tried to argue with me not to live blog it, but we all know how that turned out.

Okay, enough of my rambling. Let’s get to the live blog.
FROM STATES AWAY

- It’s been too long since she’s seen him.

- Alright, so “I Miss You” by Blink-182 just started playing again and what are the odds of it playing at this time because it fits so well with this fic.

- As you can tell from the title and summary, it’s about not only distance being in the way of Hayley and Oli being together, but many many problems. Which frustrates me to no end. Especially you, Oli.

- Ugh, after the opening line, we then are shown a beautiful paragraph conveying Hayley’s feelings. How she’s just tired of trying to feel better or anyone trying to cheer her up because all she really cares about is how she just wants Oli to be by her side. She wants his touch and to hear his voice and accents because come on accents because he’s the one person she wants.

- But of course, it’s not that easy.

- IT’S NEVER EASY. THE WORLD IS LIKE “HEY YOU WANT HAPPINESS, OKAY FIRST YOU GOTTA JUMP OVER ALL THESE FUCKING SHARP-ASS ROCKS THAT ARE IN LAVA AND THEN DO BACKFLIPS THROUGH THESE SPIKY HOOPS AND LAND ON THIS ITTY BITTY TARGET THAT’S OVER A LARGE TANK FILLED WITH SHARKS AND ACID. OH BY THE WAY, YOU’RE ALSO GONNA BE BLINDFOLDED.”

- Happiness is hard for Hayliver to obtain okay.

- Ooh and their last encounter was not good. She shouted at him, there was uncomfortable silence, and even the weather was terrible. Weather can you not. You’re ruining my escape plan of running away into the sunset.

- He invited her over and this is where it all begins. Oh god, it’s coming.

- So much tension. All this tension. And it’s not even sexual tension which is the only tension I can accept.

- Even though it kills me sometimes.

- But this tension is killing me, too.

- I just get killed by tension.

- And they’re drinking tea, which you hope would relax them a little but NOPE. NO RELAXATION IS GONNA HAPPEN BECAUSE OF THE TENSION.

- SO. MUCH. TENSION.

- These two have been sneaky. You sneaky little tits. Making up all these excuses to go off and see each other, but you both know you can’t keep doing this because you need to stop hiding and just be together and kiss and be happy because the Hayliver Momma says so.

- Oliver is slowly backing away from the single life and what sucks is that he’s in a relationship with someone that’s not Hayley and that’s what’s so freakin’ frustrating to her. Though he’s actually willing to commit to someone, he’s also still messing around with Hayley and she’s getting real tired of how confusing he is.

- STOP BEING SO FUCKING CONFUSING, OLI. GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER.

- OLI IS A MORON, THOUGH THAT AIN’T A SURPRISE.

- The longest he’d been able to not talk to her was around thirteen hours.

- Can I just. There were times they thought they needed space and he couldn’t even last less than a day. LESS THAN A DAY. ONLY THIRTEEN HOURS.

- But wait. Thirteen.

- THIRTEEN.

- THAT’S AN UNLUCKY NUMBER. IT’S A SIGN. A SIGN THAT THINGS WILL NOT GO WELL. OH NO.

- “Hayley, of course I wanted to see you and talk to you afterward. But it was complicated. I couldn’t just leave Hannah at the table. It would’ve been suspicious. I didn’t even know you’d be there with him.”

- And in this bit of dialogue, we see what the problem is. It’s amazing how Rianne does this. This dialogue says so much. How Oli can’t sort out his feelings with these two girls that he cares about. Of course, he wants Hayley but at the same time he can’t get himself to leave Hannah.

- “I can’t just beat around this issue anymore, Oliver.”

- HERE IT COMES.

- Okay, I just want to say that what I always expect in Hayliver is Hayley calling Oli out on his shit and keeping him in check. I love that because yes, he’s an idiot and knowing Hayley, she would have none of that and let him know. Like in here, she’s sick of sneaking around and no longer wants to be Oli’s little secret.

- His dirty little secret.

- Okay, not dirty, but still, she’s only considered as his secret relationship. He only calls her when he’s fucking bored or when Hannah’s not around. She’s the other woman and she can’t stand him playing with her anymore. She’s done. Done with his shit.

- Oh god, but the emotions in this scene. SHE JUST WANTS ALL OF YOU. BUT YOU’RE SO CLOSE, YET SO FAR.

- NONE OF THIS SHARING SHIT.

- See, she knew she couldn’t keep messing around with two people. She made a decision that she only wants to be with Oli, so she broke up with Chad. Oli, on the other hand, is being a fucking idiot and deep down he knows he wants just Hayley but he doesn’t have the courage to break it with Hannah.

- JUST. UGH. OLI CAN I SMACK YOU IN THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD.

- She wants to know where you stand.

- ADORATION AND GUILT. PUSH ALL THAT GUILT AWAY. THROW GUILT INTO THE FUCKING TRASH. HIT IT WITH THE SHOVEL. LOOK AT HER WITH ADORATION AND ONLY ADORATION.

- BE THE ONE ADORED.

- YOU KISSED HER.

- AND THIS WAS BEFORE YOU MET YOUR GIRLFRIEND.

- KISS HER AGAIN. UNDERNEATH THE MOONLIGHT.

- YOU’RE MORE THAN A FRIEND.

- SHE KNEW IT FROM THE FIRST SIGHT.

- Sorry, but they just need to be happy and the only way I could deal with this is by singing a happy song so don’t judge me.

- Everyone knows you guys can’t be friends. Even Hannah and Chad. You are too slow for this Oli. HURRY THE FUCK UP.

- He didn’t even tell her he started dating Hannah. Chad told her.

- REALLY. REALLY OLI. YOU COULDN’T EVEN TELL HER YOURSELF.

- Omg so I’m gonna take the moment to say that Hayley calling him out reminds me of “Playing God” Hayley because that song’s all about calling people out on their shit. Rianne told me that she thought of “Ain’t It Fun” Hayley because she’s totally calling him out on how he’s a fool and she’s not going to be there for him anymore. She’s done. D-O-N-E.

- Rianne and I are so proud of you, Hayley. -cries-

- But really, those two songs fit for this fic.

- He’s trying to blame it on timing. NO. IT’S NOT TIMING’S FAULT. IT’S YOUR OWN FAULT BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU LOVE HAYLEY MORE THAN HANNAH BUT YOU’RE TOO AFRAID TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

- AND THEN HE TELLS HER TO LEAVE.

- YOU CAN’T TAKE IT BACK. THE WORDS HAVE ALREADY LEFT YOUR MOUTH AND THEY HIT HER HARD. SHE IS DONE.

- “Once I walk out that door, you don’t exist to me, Oliver.”
“I know.”


- THAT’S ALL YOU’RE GOING TO SAY AFTER ALL YOU’VE BEEN THROUGH WITH HER.

- DON’T JUST SIT THERE. FIGHT FOR HER.

- He studies her closely for what is probably going to be the final chance he’s given. She’s composed and an ethereal beauty; hair styled carefully, wrapped up in a little black dress that accentuates her curves, blue feather pumps the only indication that she sometimes doesn’t take herself too seriously. This is not one of those times.

- Definitely not one of those times. When Hayley is serious, that is when you need to get your shit together.

- HOW COULD YOU JUST LET THIS BEAUTIFUL WOMAN LEAVE.

- YOU ARE THE FOOL, OLI. YOU ARE EVERYBODY’S FOOL.

- Months pass. They haven’t seen or talked to each other in months and Hayley doesn’t want to deal with anyone. Even Chad. Like go away Chad, can’t you see she’s trying to stay away from boys and anyone trying to be all comforting. She broke up with you for a reason, buddy.

- Oli broke up with Hannah. Finally doing something that doesn’t make me bang my head against the wall.

- It doesn’t feel like Christmas to Hayley. Poor girl. Let her be alone because she’s been through a lot and she just needs to get through this because she’s a strong woman and I believe in you, Hayles.

- DON’T STOP BELIEVING. HOLD ONTO THAT FEELING.

- Then she does it.

- She does the thing.

- She calls someone.

- She calls OLIVER.

- And omg he says he didn’t think she’d call, but come on bro it’s pretty obvious he had been waiting for that call. He had been hoping one day she’d contact him again and she finally did it.

- And he’s in California because it also doesn’t feel like Christmas to him.

- They were both unhappy that day. Oh my heart.

- “I’m not really in the ‘holiday spirit’ this year, so I decided to spend a couple of weeks in the States traveling like a fucking gypsy. You should tag along sometime.”

- I love this line. Not only is it something he’d totally say, but it also shows that he can still joke around her despite all they’ve been through. He still feels comfortable to say things like that not to lighten things up, but because it just comes naturally. He can be himself around her.

- Mr. Adventurous here. I bet he secretly was hoping to stop by her place even if she hadn’t called because he can’t be away from her anymore.

- Then he asks if anything has happened and there’s so much that she wants to say. And Oli probably has a lot to say as well, but it’s not something they should say over the phone. They need to be face to face, so Hayley says the best thing she could say.

- “I need you. All of you. Now.”

- BEAUTIFUL LAST LINE. BEAUTIFUL ENDING BECAUSE IT’S HOPEFUL AND YEAH IT’S NOT FLUFFY AND ALL THAT BUT IT SHOWS THAT THINGS ARE GOING TO BE OKAY. HE’S GOING TO SEE HER AND WORK OUT WHAT THEY COULDN’T WORK OUT BEFORE. THEY’RE FINALLY GOING TO BE HAPPY TOGETHER.

- AND I’M ON MY WAY TO BELIEVING.

- I’M SORRY FOR THE REFERENCE, BUT THAT WAS FITTING FOR THIS BECAUSE I’M ON MY WAY TO BELIEVING THEY’LL BE HAPPY TOGETHER IN THIS FIC.

- ACTUALLY I ALREADY BELIEVE.

It was really really fun reading this again because I went all deep and stuff. Also, Rianne’s writing is the best and I loved live blogging this. Now you guys know the drill. If you haven’t checked out this wonderful fic, I suggest you do and comment it because she deserves it. Her work is perf and you should also read her other fics because she writes wonderful Emblem3 fics that warm my heart.

Okay, that’s it for tonight! Hope you had fun with my frustration again.

Deuces.
April 14th, 2014 at 10:55am