Fic Live Blog: Come and Go

Really, it's so great to have a four day weekend because LIVE BLOGS.

So what's a live blog, you ask?
I'm doing live blogs of fics because there have been a lot of amazing ones I've read. So I'm gonna be posting my reactions as I read them because I think it'll be fun, it gives me an excuse to read these fics again and I'm also showing you that you should check out these fics as well because they're just so beautiful.

My other live blogs
Seasons
Heartbreaker
The Rushing of the Water
Pressing Flowers
Sincerely Lovesick
Tides [Pt. 1]
Tides [Pt. 2]
Tides [Pt. 3]
The Band Shippers Vigilante Coalition
Daydream
From States Away
Starry Skyline
Try to Take Us Down
Sunday
Oh
Just Hold Me

Okay, I have a problem here, guys. I can't handle all these Hayliver fics. They just give me so many feels and I love this ship way too much for my own good. So the lovely fic that I'm going to be live blogging is Come and Go by Nikko (heroes.) and it's about Hayley and Oli meeting at the fair on the ferris wheel. This is a long one, which totally means it's going to be a very fun and very loooong live blog. LET'S DO THIS.
COME AND GO

- Funny how it's hot in this story yet I'm here all wrapped up in a blanket because it's so freakin' cold.

- Or since I'm in California maybe it is warm compared to the East coast's version of cold.

- I totally understand why Oli would be mad. I mean, shit man. I came here for you, but instead you go for a girl and leave me to die in this heat.

- That's that shit I don't like.

- Lee want's the P. The thirst is real.

- Omg, Lee does have such a baby face. That's the perfect way to describe Lee's face.

- LEMME PINCH YO CHEEKS, LEE.

- Seriously, why would you wear black. Do you want to melt.

- And you have dark hair Oli like why I mean you might as well set yourself on fire.

- But since you're mad you might just set Lee on fire instead.

- Hehe. I Set My Friends on Fire.

- I remember that band; they were so great and OKAY SIDETRACKING BACK TO THE STORY.

- THE FERRIS WHEEL OF DEATH. Like can you imagine if it did roll off and crushed everyone?

- Aw, Oli. It's not that you look weird, it's just that you're such a grumpy butt.

- HERE COMES HAYLEY.

- Their thighs are touching.

- Can you feel the the sexual tension, Oli.

- CAN YOU FEEL IT.

- CAN YOU FEEL MY HEART. OR THIGH. OR WHATEVER'S CURRENTLY TOUCHING YOU IN THIS YELLOW CAR ON THIS GODFORSAKEN RIDE.

- Well, hey, whatdoya know, Hayley was ditched, too.

- Because I ran off with Taylor. Taylor and his perfect beautiful curly hair of perfectness.

- And Jeremy went somewhere else. I don't know.

- She was ditched. Oli was ditched. Look how much they have in common already like whuttt is happenin' hurrrrr.

- WELL NOW YOU BOTH COULD BE EACH OTHER'S FAIR PARTNERS.

- ENJOY THE FAIR TOGETHER BECAUSE YOU'RE BOTH SO LOVELY.

- Her fingers curl around his wrist, possibly unconsciously, and she is so, so close that they may just melt into one form.

- I like that line. LET THEM BECOME ONE. It's like Nikko's way of implying that they will soon gradually fall for each other and "you and I" will become "us" very soon.

- At least that's how I see it. I look into things too much somebody stop me.

- THE. RIDE. STOPPED.

- BUT REALLY THO. WHY DO FERRIS WHEELS DO THAT.

- DO THEY LIKE GIVING PEOPLE HEART ATTACKS.

- I'm so afraid of heights, man. Like shit, Hayley and Oli are brave for even going on that. I wouldn't be able to.

- "I'm Hayley. And you?"
"I'm trying not to focus on how easily we could die up here."


- Well, aren't you just a happy ray of sunshine. WHY WOULD YOU SAY THAT CAN'T YOU SEE SHE IS TERRIFIED.

- Might as well tell her about the ferris wheel of death while you're at it.

- lol like what if Oli decided to be a jerk and start rocking the car even more.

- You know, both of their names kinda rhyming is the reason why I had so much trouble thinking of a freakin' ship name for those two.

- I first thought of Hayli. Then Oley. THAT JUST SOUNDS LIKE THEIR NAMES LIKE NO I CAN'T DO THIS.

- But then I settled with Hayliver.

- Hayley has the best laugh. Like how could you not laugh with her? She's too adorable for words.

- She spreads out her arms, spinning around and singing about how great it is to be back on solid ground. Maybe she wants to be seen and heard, maybe she's just being herself.

- I'm just imagining Hayley dancing like she does in the "Still Into You" video and that just makes her a thousand times more lovely.

- Psh, you know you loved her serenading, Oli.

- YES. STICK AROUND. STAY WITH HER.

- He is rarely at ease with strangers, but after the minutes they shared on the Ferris Wheel, he doesn't really see her as a stranger. Best friend, no, but not a stranger.

- THIS. This is the first hint that shows that there's something about her that he likes. Though he doesn't realize it, he wants to stay with this girl not just because he has nothing else to do, but because he's slightly comfortable with her.

- They're holding hands. THEY'RE HOLDING HANDS. AHH.

- BUT SHE WANTS TO WASTE HER TIME WITH YOU. AND YOU DON'T KNOW IT YET, BUT YOU DO, TOO.

- IT'S THE BASKETBALL SCENE.

- Plushy orange murder weapon. Ohmigod, I'm going to call basketballs that from now on.

- I just pictured Oli running into the hoop and let out a laugh that sounded so weird. My family's just looking at me like I'm crazy.

- Oooh, Oli the basketball star.

- He got it on the first try. That totally means he's on steroids.

- I'm kidding.

- Hehehe. Oli chose the snake.

- Will it start to sing.

- That's not the only snake he has. There's also one in his pocket. Whut.

- I AM NO KID. I AM A FULL GROWN ADULT. *pouts* I AM I AM I AM.

- And Hayley chooses the seahorse. I would, too.

- SHE'S GOING TO FOLLOW YOU NOW. YOU'RE IN CHARGE.

- SHE'LL FOLLOW YOU INTO THE DARK.

- DAMN YOU STOMACH. GROWLING AND SHIT.

- I feel you, Oli. There have been times when my stomach growled loudly in class. During a test. Very very awkward.

- Food is a good choice. Who the hell would argue with that?

- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

- IT'S. THE. COTTON. CANDY. PART.

- THIS PART PUTS ME IN STITCHES. I SWEAR.

- SHE CALLS IT COTTON CANDY. HE CALLS IT CANDY FLOSS.

- AMERICA VS. BRITAIN.

- And this is when Oli's fun side comes out. Before we have Hayley teasing him and now it's his turn to tease her and they both just have fun with it. IT'S SO CUTE.

- I bet you part of Hayley just wants to be all, "Gettin' real tired of your British shit, Oli."

- This is the part where Oli's even more comfortable. It's gotten to the point where he can tease her and joke with her without feeling awkward about it and it's beautiful to see them growing to like each other. Seeing them just connect. I love it.

- It's like they've been friends their whole lives.

- FANGIRL SCREAMS INTERNALLY.

- Oh, Zac. Oh, sweet and lovable Zac.

- She notices that every time the boy beside her laughs, he has a (wonderfully tattooed) hand over his mouth, hiding his laughter. She reaches to pull it down, revealing his smile, and it is definitely a good choice, because it is, quite honestly, adorable.

- SERIOUSLY. THEY'RE BOTH SO INTO EACH OTHER AND THEY STILL HAVEN'T REALIZED IT YET.

- STOP COVERING YOUR BEAUTIFUL SMILE, OLI. HAYLEY LOVES IT.

- Basically, Hayley's saying he's cute when he smiles, but also she likes seeing how happy he can be and the fact that he's happy with her and having as much fun as she is. I mean, when they met, they both thought they were going to be bored because their friends ditched them, but now they're having fun together.

- Two people who didn't even know each other a few hours ago and now they're spending time together as if they've known each other forever.

- Nikko's writing is just so lovely and my heart is melting I can't even.

- DON'T SAY THAT. THIS WILL NOT BE THE LAST DAY YOU SEE EACH OTHER. I WON'T ALLOW IT.

- And she keeps calling it candy floss. Just to make him smile.

- Them playing around with each other is so damn cute. They need to stop.

- OF COURSE YOU REALLY LIKE HIM HAYLEY. OLI REALLY LIKES YOU TOO DAMMIT.

- Taylor's text omg. I read that text in Taylor's voice and once again let out a weird laugh. What is this.

- Not to worry, Taylor. Ya girl Hayley is in good hands. Tattooed hands at that. :D

- Hayley's like me. I hate heights, but I love roller coasters. Probably because for roller coaster, I at least know I'm going down instead of getting stuck in the air like the stupid ferris wheel.

- Poor Oli. Trying to walk straight, but he's failing. HAYLEY WILL CATCH YOU.

- Can you imagine Hayley trying to catch him. Laughing again.

- I also love the fact that Hayley has her pink and orange hair. Really, how can she pull off all these hair colors. TEACH ME YOUR WAYS HAYLEY.

- SHE'S YOUR MANIC PIXIE DREAM GIRL, OLI.

- Honestly, she's more than interesting. She's funny (and she finds his embarrassment funny, too, seems like), she's eye-catching, she's the most comfortable stranger - she never felt like a stranger - he's ever met. Now she's pulling on his hand, talking about fireworks because apparently, there is no summer without fireworks.

- He's pretty much falling for her. He's falling hard.

- YOU BOTH SURVIVED THE WHOLE DAY WITH EACH OTHER AND NOW YOU'RE GETTING SPARKLERS.

- I love sparklers. They're so pretty and so simple.

- HE CALLED HER PRETTY. EARLIER SHE CALLED HIM CUTE. JUST STOP HIDING YOUR FEELINGS AND TELL EACH OTHER THIS OUT LOUD.

- "Oli? Are you there?"
"Oh, yeah, sorry. Here ya go."


- OH SORRY HAYLEY SORRY I DIDN'T HEAR YOU I WAS TOO BUSY GOING ON ABOUT HOW I REALLY LIKE YOU AND HOW PRETTY YOU ARE AND HOW YOUR EYES ARE GREEN. AND PRETTY.

- AND HE KEPT HIS HAND DOWN TO SHOW HER HIS SMILE.

- HE DID THAT BECAUSE HE KNEW HAYLEY WOULD LIKE IT. HE DID IT FOR HAYLEY.

- OLI DOESN'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE HAYLEY. FORGET ABOUT LIGHTING IT BECAUSE HE WANTS YOU TO STAY.

- STAY HAYLEY.

- ARE YOU GONNA STAYYY THE NIGHT.

- She's having too much fun to leave. Of course she won't leave you, you idiot. She freakin' likes you.

- Annnd there's the lovely smile again!

- You are not alone, Oli. I've been chased with a sparkler many times. Fun fun.

- HE PUT THE SNAKE ON HER SHOULDERS. THAT'S LIKE OLI'S VERSION OF PUTTING A JACKET OVER HER SHOULDERS.

- SO SHE CAN REMEMBER THAT DAY. THAT FABULOUS DAY.

- AND THEN SHE GIVES HIM THE SEA HORSE.

- Hayley's just a lovely and bright person. LIKE I SAID, SHE'S OLI'S MANIC PIXIE DREAM GIRL.

- WAIT. NO. TAYLOR AND JEREMY ARE HERE.

- THAT MEANS SHE HAS TO GO.

- THEIR TIME TOGETHER HAS COME TO AN END AND LIKE NO. BUT NO. CAN'T IT LAST JUST A LITTLE LONGER.

- "I'm kinda glad Lee ditched me." Oli may think that's stupid, but that's the smoothest thing he could say to her.

- And he brushed her hair out of her face. That gesture always show that a guy likes you and HE SHOULD'VE WENT IN FOR A KISS.

- He likes her. He hopes he'll see her again. He has to see her again. I AGREE. I STRONGLY AGREE.

- She decides to name her snake Sykes. Oh my heart. This shouldn't make my heart explode, but it does. It really does.

- A KISS ON THE CHEEK. AHHH.

- Okay, almost forgot to mention the songs that I associate with this fic.

- First one is "Crush'd" by Say Anything. They have such great songs that depict awkward and realistic love and it's so sweet.

- Second one is "Obvious" by Hey Monday. Perfect song from Hayley's perspective that shows her happy and giddy personality.

- Last one is "Kiss Me Again" by We Are the In Crowd. 'Cause come on, it's the perfect song that could play during a montage of their amazing day together.

- AND OLI SHOULD'VE STOPPED HER AND KISS HER AGAIN. UNDERNEATH THE MOONLIGHT.

- And he's alone again and back to being cranky. Already he misses Hayley and just awww.

- HE WAS GOING TO SAY COTTON CANDY BUT HE STOPPED HIMSELF. JUST. Hayley has done things to him.

- He narrows his eyes at his best friend, flicking him in the forehead. Hayley is more than hot. She is funny, she is sweet, she smells like too much vanilla and she laughs too loud and she is afraid of heights depending on the situation. She likes to tease and she doesn't mind getting teased back and she gives her number to awkward British boys, so yeah, Hayley is more than hot

- What I really love about this is that how this is his way of saying how hard he's fallen for Hayley without having to be so poetic or fancy. No. He straight up tells Lee all the quirks about Hayley that makes her so interesting and lovely to him and it's exactly how I think Hayley would seem through Oli's eyes.

- Who cares if it's sappy. It's the truth and Oli's not afraid to admit exactly how he feels about her.

- YES OLI. KEEP BEING A SAP BECAUSE YOU'RE A BEAUTIFUL SAP.

- NOW LISTENING TO ALL THE WONDERFUL SONGS I ASSOCIATE WITH THIS FIC.

- *sings Say Anything* I HAVE A TOTAL CRUSH ON YOUUU BABYYY AND I CAN'T LET IT GO.

- *goes on to sing Hey Monday* YOU AND ME ALL ALONE. NO ONE HAS TO KNOWWW.

- *finishes with We Are the In Crowd* PUT YOUR ARMS AROUND MEEEE AND KISS ME AGAIN.

- ALL THESE GOOD FEELS. GOOD FEELS ARE THE BEST.

To make thing even better, there's a sequel in the works! Oh my god, I'm so excited, but for some reason I feel like this sequel is gonna hurt my heart and maybe it's because of the summary. But still, I'm excited and this was such an amazing one-shot. I love long chapters and the fact that her Hayliver was 5K words just makes me happy. Nikko has so many great works. Check out all of her other ones right now if you haven't already.

Whoa, this was a long live blog. But it's also the last one I'm gonna do for now. I'll probably do some more next weekend. This was so much fun, guys. I hope you all enjoyed my weird and crazy fangirling!

Deuces.
February 18th, 2014 at 05:54am