Sequel: Bullet and a Target

Code of Honor

He was a soldier. Working for what government was left after the apocalypse of WW3.

I was a survivor, a part of a resistance group. We stood against everything he stood for.

We should have shot each other dead on sight...but fate had other plans for us...

(c) Copyrighted. All plagiarizers will be hunted down and tire-whipped.
  1. Chapter 1
    'This is cardiac arrest of a world to proud to admit our mistakes'
  2. Chapter 2
    'This is a war that was lost the day that it began'
  3. Chapter 3
    'What we are is the sum of a thousand lives'
  4. Chapter 4
    Here on the graves of the innocent, We raise our flag.
  5. Chapter 5
    'Cause you see the world through, crosshairs and TVs, don't you?'
  6. Chapter 6
    'These worlds collide but the distance remains'
  7. Chapter 7 (Re-written)
    We are the angry and the desperate, The hungry, and the cold, We are the ones who kept quiet, And always did what we were told.
  8. Chapter 8
    These world's collide, but the distance remains.
  9. Chapter 9
    Our lips are sewn our ears are filled, With the constant drone of the unfulfilled, But we’ll never fall if we stand for something
  10. Chapter 10
    There’s hope in these footsteps of persistence.
  11. Chapter 11
    Unable to provide for itself, the need of the parasite grows until war is made to justify it - Andrew Ryan (Bioshock)
  12. Chapter 12
    Each breath we take makes us thieves, Like causes without rebels.
  13. Chapter 13
    And I have an American Dream, but it involves black masks and gasoline, one day I'll turn these thoughts into screams, at a world turned its back down on me.
  14. Chapter 14
    Suffering from something we're not sure of, In a world there is no cure for.
  15. Chapter 15
    There, high on the watchtower, Keeping the peace, Whatever that means, Because you see the world through, Crosshairs and tv’s don’t you.
  16. Chapter 16
    You can’t disown us now, we are your own flesh and blood, We don’t disappear just because your eyes are shut.
  17. Chapter 17
    Maybe we've outgrown all the things that we once loved.
  18. Chapter 18
    And when our children fight our wars, While we sit back just keeping score, We're teaching *** not understanding how.
  19. Chapter 19
    Do you still believe in all the things that you stood by before? Are you out there on the front lines, or at home keeping score? Do you care to be the layer of the bricks that seal your fate? Or would you rather be the architect of what we might crea
  20. Chapter 20
    Five thousand feet below, As black smoke engulfs the sky, The ocean floor explodes, Eleven mothers cry. My bones all resonate, A burning lullaby, You can't take that from me, Just go ahead and try.
  21. Chapter 21
    Carry on, don't mind me All I gave was everything And yet you ask me for more Fought your fight Bought your lie And in return I lost my life What purpose does this serve?
  22. Chapter 22
    The cowards preach from pedestals With words like courage and resolve But what they meant was *** them all Cause freedom isn't free
  23. Chapter 23
    When the air that we breathe becomes air that we choke When the marsh fever spreads from the swamps to our homes When your home on the range has been torn down and paved And the buffalo roam to a slaughterhouse grave
  24. Chapter 24
    If you see me, please just walk on by, walk on by. Forget my name and I'll forget it too. Failed attempts at living simple lives, simple lives Are what keep me coming back to you.
  25. Chapter 25
    There's a point I think we're missing, It's in the air we raise our fists in, In the smiles we cast each other, The lines we cross in search of change, but all they see is treason.
  26. Chapter 26
    So here and now, in our rotting nation the blood, it pours, it's all on our hands now we live, in fear, of our own potential to win, to lose, it's all on our hands now
  27. Chapter 27
    I have my mother's dreams, I have my father's eyes, You can't take that from me, Just go ahead and try.
  28. Chapter 28 (Second Update)
    That's why we won't back down We won't run and hide, That's why we stick to your game plans and party lines, But at night we're conspiring by candlelight
  29. Chapter 29
    She stands at the shoreline, With hands in the air, Her words pierce the dark night, Does anyone care?
  30. Chapter 30
    These are my shoes, my view, my cue, To say I do give a ***
  31. Chapter 31
  32. Chapter 32
  33. Chapter 33
  34. Chapter 34
  35. Chapter 35
  36. Chapter 36
  37. Chapter 37
  38. Chapter 38
  39. Chapter 39
  40. Chapter 40
  41. Chapter 41
  42. Chapter 41, Final
    Sequel is now up
  43. Update