I don't know where I'm going but I don't think I'm coming home.

• kitchen sink;

kitchen sink; (100)

:
    -
    -

Alexis Owens------------------------------------------------Jarrod May

-
    -
    -
    June 22nd, 2013 at 01:09am
  • kitchen sink;

kitchen sink; (100)

:
    Alexis wasn't exactly sure how long it had been since he'd run off, but he knew it had been a long time. Or, hopefully just long enough for cops to stop looking for him..if they even looked at all. He remembered seeing or reading something once that said that the police didn't really try to find kids that ran away though, so he just hoped no one saw him and tried to send him home. But that's exactly why he was sticking around the current (nameless to him at the moment) town, because, no one really bothered him here. It was peaceful and one-hundred and one times better than living at home had been. Alexis didn't even mind the wandering around all the time, or asking for money or food from people in the park when he when he got too hungry (which he was doing right now). Everything just seemed better to him.
    June 22nd, 2013 at 09:49am
  • DannyWor

DannyWor (100)

:
    @ poison.

Jarrod was at the park down the street from his house with his mothers friend's son. His mom was a bit miss leading when she told Jarrod about the kid. Jarrod was excited to meet someone new until he turned out to be no more then five. He didn't want to be rude though so he went along with it. They brought a picnic with them and a ball. The two connected fairly well, to Jarrod it was like having the little brother he hadn't gotten. They left their food on the grass and ran to the playground together. The boy, Jack, had insisted that he wore Jarrod's Captain hat and they play Sea Monsters. In which Jarrod would end up being the sea monster. He couldn't say no so he went along with it. As much as he hated giving up his hat he was having fun.
    June 23rd, 2013 at 05:37pm
  • kitchen sink;

kitchen sink; (100)

:
    Alexis, from his place on the bench, watched that kid just leave his food and run off. Almost as soon as it'd happened the idea of stealing it, or at least some of it, came to mind. He felt bad though, he'd never actually stolen anything yet and he didn't really want to.. Especially not something from another kid, but, he hadn't eaten in at least a day, and he hadn't collected enough change for anything yet.. So he decided that he had to do what he had to do. The boy stood up after the other had been away for a few minutes and somewhat cautiously made his way over to where the food was set and then quickly grabbed some up before he took off much much faster than he'd come, hoping that no one that he might have to worry about had seen him.
    June 24th, 2013 at 04:59am
  • DannyWor

DannyWor (100)

:
    "Jarrod!" Jack yelled. "What's wrong?" Jarrod questioned breaking character and looking at Jack. "He took our food," Jack whined pointing to a boy running away. Jarrod looked at the kid running away from the park. "It's okay Jack. He's not hurting anyone," Jarrod reassured. Jack continued to whine so Jarrod suggested they went back to his house. Jack finally agreed and helped Jarrod put the food back into the lunchbox they brought the food in. Jack made Jarrod carry him and the boy ended up falling asleep while Jarrod walked.
    June 24th, 2013 at 05:33am
  • kitchen sink;

kitchen sink; (100)

:
    Alexis kept on running until he found somewhere where he felt it would be safe to stop. He found a place on the ground to sit and leaned up against the building behind him, or possibly house he didn't even know which, and finally started to eat. The boy tried not to eat too fast, and for the most part was succeeding. But he'd also wanted to try not to eat all of it, which, was turning out to be quite a bit harder. Alexis ultimately decided that he could just eat it all and find more later..or try the whole begging thing again.
    June 24th, 2013 at 10:41pm
  • DannyWor

DannyWor (100)

:
    Jarrod helped put Jack into the car once they reached his home so that he could be taken home with his mother. He went back inside of his house after saying good bye. "Jarr, will you go down to the corner store and get me some milk for the morning?" He mother asked not even an hour later. Jarrod nodded, getting money from his mothers purse and then walking out the door. He liked to walk around, even if it was dark. The night seemed to also be more peaceful and calming then the day, which Jarrod enjoyed.
    June 25th, 2013 at 01:46am
  • kitchen sink;

kitchen sink; (100)

:
    After he'd finished, Alexis decided to get back at it..or at least find some kind of shelter for the night. He didn't stay at the same place every time just in case..but if he found somewhere better he'd stay there for at most three nights. Unfortunately his last sleeping place had been less than pleasurable. Anyway, as it just so happened, on his little search he saw that same kid from the park a little while ago out again as well. Speeding up hopefully enough to catch up but not to seem like a creep Alexis followed behind him and eventually ended up close to the other when they reach a street crossing. "Hey," the boy called out first to get the other's attention, "I remember you from the park...sorry I kind of ran off with some of that food of yours." he added, suddenly a little bit more self-consciously.
    June 26th, 2013 at 07:46am
  • DannyWor

DannyWor (100)

:
    Jarrod turned his head around when he heard a voice. A spike of fear shot up his spine but quickly washed away when he saw the boy from the park. He smiled lightly at him and nodded his head at what the boy was saying. "Yeah, I remember. Don't worry about that though. We didn't even eat all of it. I'm glad it didn't go to waste," he said smiling widder. Jarrod crossed the road, hoping that the boy would follow.
    June 26th, 2013 at 11:33pm
  • kitchen sink;

kitchen sink; (100)

:
    Alexis couldn't help but smile himself when the other boy answered, glad that he hadn't upset him or anything. This of course gave him a little more confidence. "You have no idea." the boy replied with something of a giggle as he followed the other, because they'd just started talking and he wasn't just going to let them go their separate ways so quickly. "So where are you headed to now?" he asked curiously instead. Alexis didn't mean to be creepy or anything, being a stranger and all, but he would feel awkward just walking with the other boy and not trying to talk to him.
    June 29th, 2013 at 10:26am
  • DannyWor

DannyWor (100)

:
    "I'm going into that store to get something for my mom. Her lazy ass doesn't like to go anywhere once it's dark," he said laughing a bit to insure that he was only joking. Jarrod was glad that this kid had spoke to him. He could feel an amazing friendship bubbling.
    June 30th, 2013 at 03:59am
  • kitchen sink;

kitchen sink; (100)

:
    "Sounds like fun." Alexis answered with a smile on his lips. "I hope you don't mind me coming along with you, because I don't think you're going to get rid of me until you go home again." the boy informed after a few moments, with a kind of laugh of his own now. But he was telling the truth, he had nothing else to do, nowhere else to go, and he certainly enjoyed the company.
    July 2nd, 2013 at 12:45am
  • DannyWor

DannyWor (100)

:
    Jarrod shrugged. "Fine by me," he said smiling wide. "I didn't catch your name. I'm Jarrod," he said feeling kind of rude for not introducing himself sooner.
    July 2nd, 2013 at 07:28am