I Find Myself in You

"And now for our number one story of tonight, she's young, she's beautiful, she's stolen all our hearts, and now she's disappeared? After collapsing at her last show of her world tour, Lainey Peters walked away from the spotlight to take a break. Where is she now? Why home sweet home of course. After two back to back top box office hits, chart topping album, and her second world tour, it's no surprise the teen pop star just wants to take some time to herself. But after a heated argument with her label, people are questioning if Lainey just missed her prime. Did she walk away from her contract? Did she turn into a diva? Were her demands too much? Will be seeing her again soon? Stay tuned for the answers right after this break."
  1. The Not So Good Life
    Millions of girls would kill to be me. But would they really? Would they want my life?
  2. Be My Escape
    Suddenly, being swarmed by the paparazzi didn't seem like such a bad idea.
  3. Lost Feelings
    I realized that for the first time in a long time, I had actually felt something, something different.
  4. Reminisce On Memories
    "What happened that made you lose all those dreams you had?"
  5. Cynasism Should Remain In The Arts
    I look at my old 'friends' and I wonder if they're luckier than I am.
  6. Alien Theories
    Maybe you’re right. Maybe there is an alternate motive for him being here.
  7. Just Like Them
    “He’s just like them,” I sobbed into his chest.
  8. An Old Sound
    "It actually sounded like the you we started listening to years ago."
  9. Demi
    I looked at her skeptically. I liked this girl already, but was she insane?
  10. Reasons
    Her reasons were slightly reasonable. Was this the price we all had to pay to live the dream?
  11. Amends Gone Wrong
    I forgot to post this chapter before BACKSTAGE PASSES. Read, yes?
  12. Backstage Passes
    How many shows had I done with these very items? It felt so distant, as if it had been another life, as if there had never been anyone but the Lainey Peters. Newest update is the chapter before this.
  13. Flawless
    It’s the first kiss, it’s flawless, really something, it’s fearless
  14. Promises and Explanations
    "I need you to understand."
  15. Awkward Situations Empty Conversations
    I could tell whatever was bothering him was still there.
  16. Publicity
    "You need someone greater to make headlines."
  17. These Things Can Change
    Yes, change. Change was good. I needed change.
  18. Surprises
    “Funny boy, he is. Must’ve wanted it to be a surprise. Can’t ruin it, now can I?”
  19. Fly With Me
    Peter Pan and Wendy turned out fine.
  20. Erase and Rewind
    I needed him, more than I liked, and definitely more than was good for either of us.
  21. Phone Calls
    God only knew the things he could come up with to avoid me here.
  22. Bowling Make-ups
    Who cared if they thought we were more than friends?
  23. The Plan
    Why did this seem like it would go completely wrong?
  24. We'll Try To Make It Through
    But we can’t live in the past. You need me just as much as I need you.
  25. Finally Clean
    "This has bad idea written all over it. Why did I even agree to this?"
  26. Finishing It
    "But you hurt me too deeply, and maybe you did throw me off balance for a bit, but I am back."
  27. Appraisal
    And I had just realized how much his appraisal meant to me too.
  28. Love At First Sight
    So what if he loved me? And so what if I felt something for him too? Maybe it was love. Maybe it wasn’t.
  29. Believe In Me
    Nobody believes in me Joe. Not my mom, not my friends, not my manager, not even me all the time. But you, you believe in me.
  30. Kisses
    I smiled into the kiss. This, this I could believe. I knew he loved me, truly and completely
  31. Life Lessons
    He told me that life was the best teacher because every lesson life taught, every test delivered, would remain with you for all of time.
  32. Love The Way You Lie
    It was not love. It was a lie.
  33. First Show
  34. Where I'm Meant To Be
    I had made my choice and now had to live with the consequences.