Status: Finished

Destiny Keeps Getting in the Way

It's been four years since Nathan has been in a coma. Melinda had a rough time dealing without him but when she gets her act together she becomes a Midwife and moves to London to be closer to the love of her life.

There drama, action and romance will come but so will pride, betrayal and backstabbing.

Their past will catch up each of them creating a web of lies.
  1. One
    Rosa Pastel...
  2. Two
    “Because… life just plain sucks.”
  3. Three
    “Why can she wear something church-y?”
  4. Four
    He chuckles. “I actually do.” He said. “Do you--uh--plan to date again?”...
  5. Five
    “Choke! Choke! Choke!” People at a party told me as I drank beer...
  6. Six
    At the sound of the name I stopped in my tracks. A couple of nurses were having a conversation while smoking outside. That’s funny… nurses smoking. Anyways I stayed close to them and listened...
  7. Seven
    “HOW COULD YOU?! HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME NATHAN?! YOU’VE BEEN AWAKE FOR THREE ***ING YEARS? AND YOU DIDN’T HAVE THE ***ING DECENCY TO TELL ME?!” I roared knowing half of the clinic had heard but I didn’t care...
  8. Eight
    “Look, I’ve been there for her and she wouldn’t lie. She doesn’t want to see you ever again Nathan. She hates you, mate. She told me. She’s too heartbroken.”--Nathan's POV, the quote is...
  9. Nine
    “I would love it if you could come on my first day.” Peter said with puppy eyes...
  10. Ten
    “You think Peter and I are having sex?”...
  11. Eleven
    “It’s not date. It’s his first day as a chef and he wanted me to be there. I agreed as a friend to be there for him. There’s nothing going on between him and I. So you’re not dating… Mackenzie?”...
  12. Twelve
    Healed...
  13. Thirteen
    Death...
  14. Fourteen
    Funeral...
  15. Fifteen
    “A place far, far away.” He pecked my lips but I brought them back again for a longer and deeper kiss. “Hmm, don’t tempt me because we won’t even leave the hospital if you continue to seduce me like that.”...
  16. Sixteen
    “I love you, baby. And if it's quite alright, I need you, baby, To warm a lonely night. I love you, baby. Trust in me when I say: Oh, pretty baby, Don't bring me down, I pray...
  17. Seventeen
    Mature Content
  18. Eighteen
    Alondra came next to me. “God, didn’t we agree that we would only sing Jonas Brothers crap if we got--holy… mackerel! Melinda, you got lai--” I covered her mouth before half of the hospital found out. Her eyes were wide with joy...
  19. Nineteen
    I shrugged. “He’s never told me about any Devlin.” I began to think I didn’t know much about his past friends. Sure there was Lucy, Peter and Charles but he never talked about a Devlin...
  20. Twenty
    I had my I-phone between my ear and shoulder as I switched the channels and settled on a re-run of Emo Power Rangers. It’s… weird...
  21. Twenty-One
    I gave him a warm smile and followed Lucy into a really expensive looking pastry shop. The little bell dings as we walked in. It was small but you could tell it made lots of money because of how well done the displays looked...
  22. Twenty-Two
    I picked her up bridal style and she clutched to me. She smelled so good. It was like cinnamon and vanilla. Her bedroom door was open. I placed her on the bed and pulled the covers on. I removed the hair from her face...
  23. Twenty-Three
    “Another promise, another scene, another A package not to keep us trapped in greed With all the green belts wrapped around our minds And endless red tape to keep the truth confined (So come on!).They will not force us They will stop degrading us They
  24. Twenty-Four
    “No worries.” Marcela said. “You go see Muse and you better bring lots of pictures and videos. Try to sneak backstage and invade Matt’s room and get an autograph.”...
  25. Twenty-Five
    Muse
  26. Twenty-Six
    I sighed and went over to my phone. I turned it back on. It was just a missed call from Nathan and a couple of texts from Linda and Maya...
  27. Twenty-Seven
    I stopped eating. My heart stopping beating and my body stopped working. I dropped my chopsticks and stared at her in complete awe...
  28. Twenty-Eight
    Music by Death Cab for Cutie...
  29. Twenty-Nine
    “First you need to get yourself checked, I’ll keep you inform, Ms. Gomez.” The doctor smiled at me..
  30. Thirty
    “Men are confusing.” Linda shook her head...
  31. Thirty-One
    “Why can’t you see how much I love Melinda? I love you so much it hurts every night to lay in my bed alone when I know you deserve to be with me and me only.”...
  32. Thirty-Two
  33. Thirty-Three
    Cher and Wigs
  34. Thirty-Four
    He smiled and in his eyes I saw the Nathan that I love the Nathan who gave me kisses that left me weak to the knees instead of scaring me to death...
  35. Thirty-Five
    “You tried to ***ing rape her?!” Devlin seemed a little too bothered about this...
  36. Thirty-Six
    “But… isn’t that going to hurt her too? I mean, I know you hate Nathan but Melinda has nothing to do with your revenge.” Kane said...
  37. Thirty-Seven
    “He had mine too.” Devlin growled. “Here’s the plan… it’ll be sort of like a flashback but in different positions. I’ll be the one in bed with his woman.” He smirked...
  38. Thirty-Eight
    “I make you nervous? You walk in here half naked and I make you nervous in these scrubs?” I said and he laughed which made me smile...
  39. Thirty-Nine
    “Stop drooling, Mels!” Maya called me out and I glared at her...
  40. Forty
    “Yeah, once I found out Lucy was just using me I had to tell Melinda and it was a good thing I ran into her in the hospital.” Devlin had his eyes on me but I was looking away...
  41. Forty-One
    “Ooh,” Charles said in a falsetto voice, “do remember to use the whip, sire.”...
  42. Forty-Two
    “But there are agents all around. We are safe, plus your men. Nathan… let them take care of this and stay with me.”...
  43. Forty-Three
    Some Sexual Content. You have been warned!!!
  44. Forty-Four
    Short Chapter...
  45. Forty-Five
    Hate To Admit....
  46. Forty-Six
    Money...
  47. Forty-Seven
    Smarter One...
  48. Forty-Eight
    No More Damsel In Distress...
  49. Forty-Nine
    Make Ups...
  50. The End