Status: we'll see how this plays out

I'm Anything You Want Me To Be.

“Stop.” John grabs my forearm. “Stop running from me, Riannon, I want the truth.”

“And I want you to just fuck off.” I scowl and shake his hand off.

“What the fuck is wrong with you, Iann?! I haven’t done a goddamn thing to you since three years ago, will you quit living in the past?”

This is when I slap him, full-force, making sure he’s going to have to explain why there are finger marks on his cheek.

He now knows I’m offended. He stops.

“I can’t fucking believe you, John.”

“Yeah? I can’t believe you either.” he says in a harsh tone. “You’re a bitch.”

“I know, right?” I reply sarcastically. “I know! But if I’m such a bitch, then why are you trying to make me stay, why the fuck do you want the truth from me, smartass?!”

“Because.” That’s all John manages to answer.

Of course. He’s never been the best with his mouth. He’s never been good with his words. Not in an argument, anyway.

I stare at this lyrical genius for a second, and I finally notice that his green eyes had brimmed with water.

No. He can’t be crying. I couldn’t have made him cry.

Not him. Not me.

“This is ridiculous.” I say to break the silence.

“I agree.” John sighs. “I’m.. I’m sorry, Iann.”

I don’t even acknowledge it.

Now I’m overwhelmed with the feelings of anxiety, guilt, sadness, anger. I can’t even tell which is which.

As I start walking out, I look back at him, and there, he quietly sits. He won’t stop me.

And I wouldn’t let him anyway.

___________

Late disclaimer: I do not own any recognizable names in this story. I do, however, own the plot and the characters whose names you can’t recognize. None of anything that happens in this story is factual. Though some things that take place in this plot were based on actual events that the band/s went through, I am disclaiming them to be true. Thanks!

P.S. This is gonna be a pretty long story. Hang on for the ride and read at your own risk! Hope all is well.

xx Ali